Wyze Cam OG - Released 1/17/2023

Yep, problem Free with the New OG :slight_smile:

1 Like

The OG colors and mic

Need some kind of update for the OG, worst picture ever, V2 is alt better, and mic is so weak

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this topic for better visibility to Wyze.

Of course they sent out an email for free shipping on the OG stack kit today after a ton of people bought them :frowning:

2 Likes

Yeah I noticed on Both OG’ s the color is washed out, and seems a bit over exposed. They may need to address that in an update, because if they have a starlight sensor like the V3, it needs adjusting. (Iwish they would just add that to the app for people to adjust themselves)

1 Like

Oh yeah this reminds me. There needs to be an option to turn off the voice prompt of firmware update. It seems like a potential security gap announcing to the world outside that it is or was upgraded.
Also inside I don’t need a startling voice from another room in the middle of the night during an update :grimacing: #wishlist (cross posting)

Is group viewing problem fixed? Latest app still has the problem.

1 Like

Hmmm… I will pay attention when the next firmware upgrade happens if the camera speaks like you say for that process. If yes, then I agree it should be silent. I know in the initial setup the camera speaks.

1 Like

That scared my wife to death first time it happened. We thought someone was in our house. It definitely needs fixed.

1 Like

Hmmm… So the camera being in a different room talked as it went thru a firmware upgrade? I think there has been one since I got mine. I’ll try to remember next time.

Yes. When doing a firmware upgrade on the OG the cam will talk to you twice. Once confirming it is starting the upgrade and once when completed.

2 Likes

For some reason you put announcements like this as not customer text messages at 3am… I assume midnight California time. Do you have NO regard for your customers that you would not send that during the day or is a marketing announcement more important

No TelePhoto in Canada?

This announcement went out on January 17th at 9 AM PT. Which announcement are you referring to?

2 Likes

Can I confirm that the stand can be removed? For the original Wyze cameras the stand can be folded/compacted, it helps placing the camera in tight spaces.

Yes, the stand attaches by screwing into the bottom of the camera. It can be removed (or just not attached in the first place).

2 Likes

Please remind folks the OG mount hole is the smaller metric M4 size, not the standard 1/4 inch holes of previous cams. This tiny cost saving of 50 cents ? causes a lot of inconvience for OG owners.

The OG UI is better than V3 Pro since it has jump to SD option while V3 Pro UI does not but just have reminder to subscribe to camplus.

But this M4 mount hole is a big let down👎

V3Pro jump to SD:

I use that but it is inconvenient, The new playback UI is like a mouse scroll wheel which does not start with the latest recording. There is no backward and forward arrows.

I’m doing the best I an with the 3X OG but, WOW, a 7X would be perfect for me to see my gate from the eave of the house. I tried a panel antenna to send WiFi to it and powering a regular Wyze cam V3 from the gate battery but the signal was often compromised. Mounting a 7X OG on the house pointed at the gate would really be terrific. On the other side of the house we’d be able to see the deer down the hill better. Bring it on !!! Thanks, Wyze. You all are an awesome group of innovative entrepreneurs. It is fun to watch your open story of success and growth.

2 Likes

Feel free to go vote on which new lenses you’re most interested in here:

1 Like