Wyze Cam v3 Now Available! - 10/27/20

The best just got even better!

The amazing Wyze Cam v3 is here - we call it the Everything Cam. Indoor or outdoor, rain or shine, light or dark. The best part? We didn’t raise the price by a single penny.

Order yours now for $19.99:

55 Likes

This has to be the best smart home camera!
The night vision is awesome!

8 Likes

Awesome yesssss!!!

5 Likes

H265? Or still H264?

On camera local person detection?

3 Likes

Whoa!
tenor (5)

9 Likes

Is that all being announced today? @UserCustomerGwen

2 Likes

Not seeing anything on the main page or details page about Alexa or Google Integration. Does the v3 support them?

5 Likes

Yes v3 supports Alexa and IFTTT. The google integration need some work.

4 Likes
  1. Very disappointed it is only 1080p
    a) Though happy the FPS increased by 5 FPS
  2. Very sad no Edge/local Person Detection
    a) Though hopeful since @UserCustomerGwen says it’s being looked into possibly for the future…(I won’t hold my breath due to the push toward subscriptions lately, and free would compete with that.)
  3. Very sad there’s no RTSP [yet]
    a) But very happy they said it’s something they’re working on adding later.

Preordered a couple of them still: I love the waterproofing, lighting differences (color night vision), mounting options, siren, improved speaker, better IR, and add-ons, etc! Lifehackster shows it streaming successfully to both Alexa and Google.

At $20, an amazing product.

(Video shows it as a baby monitor, but currently you can’t do background audio through the Wyze app, if you switch to another app the stream cuts off. Also, no “crying detection” notifications like competitors have. These need to be added in updates to really be a competitive “baby monitor”)

Still, 1080p is out of date, as is no local PD or RTSP. Need to work on a V4 now that covers those (2K/4K, RTSP, & free Edge/Local PD) like some of your competitors. Charge a little more if you have to, but all of that is becoming standard to stay competitive long term with cams.

12 Likes

No doubt, looks like lots of improvements. I am shocked at the price still being the same and with the limited time free shipping if over $33 is even better. My only question to this is the elephant in the room here for me. What about faster notifications with ON DEVICE AI person detection…looks like Wyze is moving these types of features solely to the cloud. That is good and bad. Just wondering what the case is for this Wyze V3 device with basic person detection?

6 Likes

Got my order placed, looks like I’m replacing most of my cams :grin:

10 Likes

Same here. :+1:

7 Likes

Order placed!! Will it come with my preordered headphones? And when is the doorbell coming?

2 Likes

It clarifies that you have to pay for PD with a subscription for these. No local option.

2 Likes

Will the v3 have RTSP capability?

5 Likes

It says they’re working on it

2 Likes

And it comes with a siren Woohoo!

5 Likes

Where did it say that (RTSP being worked on)? I thought I read everything.

1 Like

On the support page under the FaQ

4 Likes