Fix-It Friday 7/7/2023

Fix-It Friday Callout

Well my Forum friends, we made it to Friday! :grinning:

You know what that means. it means it is time for this month’s Fix-It-Friday callout! :tada:

If this is your first Fix-It Friday, welcome! For background, while our communities are not designed to be a replacement for Wyze Support , our community members and community managers do our best to help you out here. As our communities scale up, we want to make sure that any outstanding bugs or issues that you folks are facing are on our internal radar and that we’re transparent in our process of working on them.

Here’s how this works:

• We’ll make a post on the first Friday of the month in every community (Core Community on Facebook, Forums, Reddit, and Discord).
  • Check the comments. If you see any other comments with issues that you’re facing, vote for them with a like (the heart button at the bottom of their reply)
  • Got something new? Reply to our post with the top issue that you’re facing this week with your Wyze products to help loop us in.
  • We’ll grab the top comment from each community and make a follow-up post on Monday to detail what those issues are and how we plan to fix them. If we need more info from the community to help figure out what’s going on, we’ll let you know on Monday - so please make sure to take a look!
  • The following Mondays in the month, we’ll be posting updates about our progress on Fix-It Friday submissions.
  • Sometimes Mondays are actually Tuesdays if we don’t get all the info we need on time for posting on Monday. Our apologies! :sweat_smile:
  • Remember, this is for existing things that aren’t working right. If you are looking for a new feature or for us to add functionality that’s not already available, please use our Wishlist instead!

We’re constantly working on improvements for everyone. But we hope that this process will both help us prioritize issues that are important to our communities and help you feel more in the loop.

Got a request for something new or an additional feature? Check our Wishlist to see if it’s in the works or has been requested. :slightly_smiling_face:

If you want to see how this works, you can check this previous Fix-It Friday post:

2 Likes

v2 Detection Zone a resizable box versus a grid of small boxes as expected

Particulars and history:

3 Likes

SD Card Playback anomaly when set to Events (vs Continuous)

1 Like

Thermostat is going offline sometimes for some people

Our resident Thermostat expert and helper @speadie indicates that this only happens to them during the winter and not during the summer when they have the Thermostat off. So maybe that can help Wyze figure out what the cause is related to

2 Likes

How about a little QOL lovin for Live Stream?

*Back button on Web Live View, not the Events page, there’s one already there
*Ability to delete events in the web view
*Lengthen time it take for Web Events page to lose focus or turn it off
*Make Cam Outdoor V2 compatible with Web View Live Stream page
*Video controls on web Live View and Events page. Right now you have to right-click and select “Show Controls”.
*Better description on each Event after it’s loaded. Right now it only says “motion”. Make it say what the Event actually is, like “Vehicle”, “person” or “Pet”, etc

1 Like

Grid for me. v4.50.3.4240 on IOS 16.5.1. Wyze Cam Pan v3.

Some Cameras don’t load in the Webview reliably

For many people using the Webview, some cameras just freeze when trying to load or shortly after loading. Sometimes the loading wheel doesn’t even move, or else it spins endlessly but never loads.

However, when using the app, those same cameras have no problem streaming.

Since this feature is listed as “Wishes Granted” and no longer showing as “Beta” it seems that functionality reports now qualify for Fix-It-Friday.

Here is a recent report:

1 Like

Still waiting for Wyze Cam Pan v3 to dependably return to original position after pan scan. v4.50.3.4240 on IOS 16.5.1.

Yes. As are others. However this was addressed in the final post of last month’s FiF:

2 Likes

Seems to be limited to v2s after resetting. We’ll see. :slight_smile:

Dude. Have some of this hopium in the meantime.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/fix-it-friday-7-7-2023/271032/3

It’s awesome. :woozy_face:

1 Like
1 Like

Cam OG Telephoto Live Stream doesn’t work in Firefox…Events do work

It works in other browsers though

The new iOS app 2.43 DID NOT FIX “No Alert Issues” on v2 and doorbell.
Still no alerts even though all alert settings are set both on the iOS app and on the device

1 Like

IOS App 2.43 Playback Bug

I posted this on another thread, but wanted on Fix-It Friday too.

When viewing a cloud event video and pressing the Playback button to jump the SD Card video, the Playback always jumps to near the most recent part of the timeline. Not to the time of the cloud event video. On iPad IOS 16.5.1. Restarted iPad and cleared the App Cache with no resolution. App 2.43 Playback works as it should on Android.
Log ID 1104410

3 Likes

Could you reboot the v2 that is showing the single detection zone box and see if the grid comes back after the reboot? We made a cloud change that may have fixed this.

3 Likes

Hey Jason

Nope. Tried the simple power-cycle without success.

Then toggle-off Detection Zone, force close app, clear cache, restart app, toggle-on Detection Zone, no go: kept the single box at the same dimensions that it had been.

Then toggle-off Detection Zone, force close app, clear cache, POWER-CYCLE CAM / RESTART PHONE, restart app, toggle-on Detection Zone, same result.

1 Like

Thank you for trying I will let them know.

3 Likes

Can someone on the team please look at the Cam+ event playback on the V3 and V3 Pro cameras via the Android App version 2.43.0 (312). When playing videos back via the event viewer, the playback is choppy on just the V3 and V3 pro cameras for me. The V2 cameras play smoothly. Playback IS smooth on the V3 and V3 Pro on Webview playback (via Edge Chromium or Firefox browsers). Currently I have “Enable Hardware Decoder” OFF in the App settings. I have tried cache clearing, signing out/in, but it still stutters on just the V3 and V3 pro cameras on event playback (even at 4x playback).
Thanks

Mine goes offline after a power outage. Happens every time.