Allow schedule AND event to control shortcut / rule triggers

Currently automation for Shortcuts allows either an event to trigger the shortcut or a day/time, but not both. This request is to allow a schedule of days/times to be set to limit when an event-triggered shortcut will operate. See below for an example use case.

Defined periods of the day to have motion sence to turn on a light. i.e. between 4pm and 10pm.

2 Likes

Hey guys, I would like to see scheduling for Wyze bulb triggers, for example, I want my bulb to turn on whenever I open the front door. But I don’t want this to happen during the day, I would like it to happens only from 6 pm to 5 am. I think this feature is super useful to avoid headaches with bulbs turning on when we open the door in broad daylight.

15 Likes

I agree that a built in option to exclude certain times is best, maybe also sunrise and sunset as options. I will be setting this up to do in WebCore anyway but built in is always better

8 Likes

I agree as well. It just needs the scheduling ability. I just received my bulbs today. I connected it with no problem on my back porch lamp (I know, not meant for outdoors, but hey $8). I setup the shortcut to turn on the light when I open the sliding glass door any time of day, but no scheduling during certain hours :sob:. However, I was able to setup a second shortcut to turn the light after 5 minutes. Maybe the next update?

5 Likes

Example :

when motion is Detected between 9pm-6am Turn Bulb on to 25% Brightness

When motion is detected between 6am-9pm turn bulb to 100% brightness.

7 Likes

What I’m looking for is more granular controls for shortcuts. I find them a bit too simplistic for actual automation.

For example, I setup 2 new bulbs in our master bedroom. I also added a motion sensor to the room. Now, I can set a shortcut to turn in the bulbs when the motion sensor is triggered, and I can set a shortcut to turn them off when the sensor is clear. But this trigger is not time dependent, and having lights turn on when I get up at 3am will lead to my wife murdering me (which is totally fair). It would be ideal to have the motion sensor trigger the light to turn in only between the hours of 6pm and 10pm, for example.

Shortcuts allow me to have a time trigger OR a device trigger, but not BOTH. IFTTT isn’t any help here, as it has the same limitation (as far as I can determine).

Also, timer actions for bulbs would be great. For example, if a person is detected at a camera, the associated bulb would run on for 5 minutes then turn off.

Having a more full-featured triggering scenario is central to automation. As it stands, the limitations on shortcuts isn’t automation, but rather a convenience gimmick.

5 Likes

I would like to see this too. But I don’t understand why you would want the light at 25% when it is night, and then 100% when it’s daytime.
I would want it the opposite, or not at all during the day.

I have it set that way now Just in my master bed/bath so when I get up in the middle of the night I’m not blinded. :wink:

1 Like

My mistake,. for some reason I was thinking he was using them on outside, in a weatherproof fixture. duh… I do this too, my lights come on dimmed at a set time each night. But I turn them off manually.

I agree, IFTTT is not an answer. There isn’t a way to turn off lights triggered by Cam motion detection, just the sensor. I don’t want to buy a kit for each room I want to use this with. If you could buy just the motion sensor, I might consider it. I don’t need all the other sensors in the kit. I have ring alarm system, but I need buy the Sensor kit.

I want to have my Contact Sensor to turn on my Wyze Bulbs, but only at certain hours. (Night)

10 Likes

I wish I could schedule a shortcut that also has an event trigger. Example: turn on a light when sensor is triggered and then turn off when a motion sensor is clear, I would like to limit this to just evening times and not all day.

3 Likes

I’d like to see this also. This is pretty fundamental in the security business for control.

I’ve been playing with Bulb/Cam and Motion detector on outside lights. Easy enough to program but really need to limit to evening hours.

One thing I noticed that when I triggered the light by means of the person detection, it took about 10-12 secs to come on but when I used the Wyze Sense motion detector, it was almost instantaneous. Anyone else noticed this?

2 Likes

Wyze bulb turn on and off by the Wyze motion detector,
An option that this is applied only from time XXX to time YYY. so for example during the day you do not need the light to go on. Note that this is applied only to the triggering of the light, all the other functions of the motion detector during the time XXX and YYY are still working.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed the same thing. It makes using just a cam and a bulb on the front porch challenging, I’ve defaulted to rely on timed shortcuts there for now. I’ve also noticed that person alerts are slower to get pushed to my phone, too. I suspect the upper limits of the hardware processing are being reached.

I have a motion sensor and bulbs in the bedroom, and the activation is only ~1 second.

I use my Wyze bulbs as night lights, only triggering when motion detected by Wyze Sense motion sensors. However, in it’s current implementation it can’t be restricted to only work at night.

Maybe a schedule option? Different days, different time periods etc. Thanks.

5 Likes

So are you saying I should create an off trigger at 700am and an on trigger at 8pm for the bulb

This is expected behavior. Here’s why… Motion sensor detection is a binary signal that travels very quickly to the server and and back. However, while the person detection does happen on board the camera, the processing at the server (and notification) does not happen until the 12 second video has been uploaded. That is the delay you are seeing. Hope this helps explain it.

3 Likes

This would be great. I have a contact sensor on my garage door and I would only like it to turn my wyze bulb on if it is after lets say 6pm or what would be even better is if I could have this trigger x minutes before or after sunset or sunrise.