Wyze Cam v3 Pro

@TheNetGuyDotCom did a REALLY awesome comparison of the V3 Pro vs the V3 and V2!

I highly recommend it:

9 Likes

Yes. Great to see quantitative confirmation of what we have been already experiencing!

2 Likes

Thanks - excellent review! How can it only have 572 views after being up on YouTube for a day and your link being here for 12 hours? :wink:

2 Likes

carver’s huge sphere of influence begins to fade outside the forum. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Interesting video.

1. Either he misspoke or I don’t know what he’s talking about at 8:40ish. After showing the V2 at the bottom in the first “round”, he says, “so far the V2 and the V3 Pro are neck and neck”.

2. He reports that the V2 has MUCH better WiFi than either the V3 or Pro, even though the Pro’s MIMO helps a little bit.

3. It seems the “local” AI on the Pro gets notifications only about half a second faster, and he had trouble confirming it was on?

2 Likes

The way I understand it:

1. I think he’s taking into account that that indoors the V2 has pretty good video, but the V3Pro has more pixels and sharpness to make up for it in some ways, so they are better in different ways for that use-case
  2. V2 WiFi is stronger/farther, but the MIMO helps it to connect faster and be more stable.
  3. The Edge AI is actually always on. He’s just saying he didn’t really have a setting or anything to confirm any of that.
4 Likes

I would’ve liked to hear more audio footage .

Audio on the v3’s for me are not good enough . We saw more video footage than audio .

I have been watching a few review videos and not many seem to focus on that as the new v3 pro is supposed to offer “improved audio and 2 way talk”

Well if you used Wyze products at all you will notice a long delay if you step in front of there cameras to the time you actually get alerted, so slow sometimes I could drive by a camera and be miles down the road before it alerts, I have one older Simplysafe camera, it’s alert is nearly instant. Wyze alert times are unacceptable.

2 Likes

He said only one of his samples seemed to have used it and that it helped the average? That one sample was like 2 seconds faster if I recall.

So this is a real, noticeable thing? I know I missed a lot by not logging in for a year, but this is very useful information for me. Thanks!

Basically, if I plan to upgrade V2s to V3s, I should keep this in mind regarding cam and access point placement, etc?

2 Likes

Disappointed that the v3 pro does not support the same accessories as the v3, ie the lamp socket.

Will this be resolved in the future?

4 Likes

Set up a comparitive test and post your results.

I’m still waiting for my v3 pros :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooof! :man_facepalming:

Sorry bout that! They must be on Southerner Time!

Soon. Hopefully soon.

1 Like

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @sesmith1116!

Almost everyone has been asking for backward compatibility w\ all the V3 accessories. IMO, it only makes sense to give the V3Pro as much versatility as possible. But, it will take some time to get all that pushed into the V3Pro firmware package.

There is a Wishlist topic asking for this where you can drop some like :heart: hearts to vote on ideas, place a vote at the top, and add your ideas at the bottom:

I ordered my October 24, received it last night Nov. 09 at 18:39. I think the mail carriers here are Vampires because they always show up late at night.

3 Likes

I really had no Wi-Fi issues on camera placements when I upgraded from the V2’s to V3’s - all of my V3’s connected fine - even 20+’ away from router.
Now the V3Pro is another story!! I just upgraded / installed two V3 Pros today - I am on Google Fiber Mesh and they gave me fits - connection was weak and camera image was pixelating badly. I logged into Google Home App and found the two cameras - renamed each one for quick identity and then shut them off. Restarted cameras and both connected to nearest mesh router this time - now signal strength is good and image is excellent! Thank Goodness! I never had this issue with the V2 or V3 camera in any of my many installs, including for neighbors.
Update: With the release of new firmware on 12/14, issues with connectivity & pixelation have now been resolved! Cameras now connect much faster!

2 Likes

Ordered mine on the 5th have heard nothing since… When is the next batch shipping out?

2 Likes

Same. Ordered mine Oct 26, and they only shipped the sd card I added to the order. Shows partial fulfillment.

1 Like

Has ANYONE tested and reported the wifi performance?
With numbers like distance signal rec’d and signal strength?
Or comparison to V2, V3?
I’ve two V3’s located such that if anything goes between the router and the device it will lose signal.

1 Like