Wyze Cam v3 Pro

My cam 3 is in the same room as one of my Echo shows (pointed out a window)
I have record sound disabled but I get still get live sound on the show that causes an audio feedback loop.
I need to completely disable sound.

If you’re really serious about it, here’s a video link for manually disconnecting the V3 mic.

and

2 Likes

The tape eliminated my feedback problem. I also found a video to disconnect the mike but tried the tape first.
I was hoping they made the disable sound option when designing a new camera.

I “solved” my cam 3 WIFI issues by using an old router as a repeater.

If the v3 pro reduces the notification delay it would be a worthwhile upgrade for me.

Had purchased 2 pans and 4 of the V3’s that had issues. Luckily, all were purchased through Amazon and was able to have new ones resent which arrived the next day! Will order a couple of these 2k cameras for our new motorhome when Amazon stocks as well…

The V3 Pro is not shipping the first unit until November 4th.

Screenshot_20221030-211241-051

2 Likes

Did I write V3? Sorry, I meant to say V2. I will correct later as its 336 am and I’m sleeping…

Made a big order for Wyze Week sale, Ordered 2 V3 Pros among other items on the 28th, nothing has been shipped, support just told me the entire order is being held from shipping as the V3 Pros are ‘pre-order’, nowhere did Wyze inform that the V3 Pro was pre-order, if it did I would have bought elsewhere, and one would think Wyze would have shipped the many other items I ordered that aren’t on pre-order instead of holding them till the V3 Pro is ready to ship to who knows when…extremely poor and deceptive business practices on Wyze’s part. I would avoid buying from them.

Cam v3 Pro starts shipping November 4, 2022.

5 Likes

I skimmed through this thread to read any comments about the lower field of view… no one else is disappointed by that? v3 = 130 vs. v3 Pro 116? I’d think if anything, the Pro should have been a little more fisheye like.

1 Like

I’m noticing that the Wyze Cam v3 Pro does NOT have the same distance capability as the Wyze Cam v3. But, this is a sample size of one (1). I’m curious what others are experiencing.

1 Like

So wish it had a telephoto zoom lens option:-(

2 Likes

That would certainly be nice, but then it would be a different cam. I think there have been requests for Telephoto cams in the Wishlist

Please elaborate. I have found it is more crisp in it’s video display of distant objects due to the 2K video.

1 Like

It just got my vote!
:+1:

2 Likes

:+1: There are actually several to vote for.

A search of the #wishlist returned 4 possible matches:

https://forums.wyze.com/search?q=%23wishlist%20telephoto%20cam

1 Like

A voting we will go, a voting we will go,
Hi ho the dairy-o, a voting we will go!
:grin: :grin:

2 Likes

Some notes about the new cam v3 pro I noticed:

• usb socket is slightly smaller thank v3 and v2, so existing cords wont fit.
  • I had extension cords and modified them to fit but camera did not turn on, any limits on the length of the cord?

I don’t know that there is necessarily a length limit, but the V3Pro is supposed to receive a certain Voltage and Amp, and so if you go the 3rd party route, what matters is that the brick and cord together get the same voltage/amps to the camera and the longer the cord the more that likely degrades a little, but it will partially depend on the adapter you’re plugging that cord into.

I used a cord that was at least 20 feet long for one of my V3Pros and it is working fine. I had to file the tip of the cord down so it would fit in the back though. :man_shrugging: Not a big fan of that…definitely prefer the fishtail cord on the V3 instead.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze User Community @hatpick! :raising_hand_man: Glad to have you aboard! :grin:

I have not seen any limitations to the length of the USB extension. My 20ft is working well.

There have been reports of the microUSB not inserting far enough into the cam due to the tight fit on the back. Mine was quite snug but did fit. Some have also used a Male\Female USB A to extend the existing Male MicroUSB\Male USB A cord that comes with the unit.

Rather than the length, I believe the quality and construction of an aftermarket extension would be most important if the plug will fit. There are many cheap ones that won’t even carry enough juice from the 1A power adapter to run the V3.

Since the V3Pro requires and ships with the 2A power adapter, the cord would need to be able to handle that power without reduction to the cam.

I used my v3 setup, is the new charger more powerful?

Yes. The one shipped with the V3Pro is a 2amp. The V3 is a 1amp.

The new one delivers twice the power (10VA vs 5 VA).

The V3Pro has a bigger processor to power, twice the antenna, and a spotlight. Needs more power.

4 Likes