Wyze Cam v3 Pro

Safety Suggestion for Marketing Wyze Cam 3 Pro

Noticed this on marketing for the Wyze Cam V3 Pro, but the same picture, or similar with same issue, may be used for other cameras and devices too.

I was reading about the wyze cam 3 pro and was surprised to see a marketing picture with a baby sleeping on its stomach. The most effective way to reduce the risk of SIDS is to have babies always sleep on their backs, naps and bedtime . Thought it was relevant to mention because some caregivers or even parents may not be aware of the added risk from stomach sleeping and a picture like that may give them the idea it is okay to let a baby stomach sleep.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this Wyze Cam v3 Pro news/announcement topic for better visibility by Wyze.

2 Likes

Person detection doesn’t require a Cam Plus subscription on the V3 Pro :eyes: https://twitter.com/WyzeCam/status/1585129254714769408

1 Like

… but because it will not allow CamPlus Lite, it does require an SD card if you ever expect to view those person events.

3 Likes

So many confusing options that are not very clear, for the novice, newbie or anyone for that matter.
As you are aware of :smile:

4 Likes

Am beginning to think that “security camera” systems are following the marketing strategy of insurance and cell phones…

2 Likes

There is no doubt there are very smart college educated, psych majors, and advertising majors, market analysts majors, among many others, the list is long, in every industry, trying to manipulate people, we just have to weed out all the stuff they throw at us.

5 Likes

Luckily, right here on the forum, we have one amphibian standing as the last consistent bastion against confusion and proponent of unambiguously clear messaging.

6 Likes

6 Likes

I agree with peep peep, about , this internets of things, but manipulative marketing has been around for a whole lot longer than the internet

1 Like

That is a true Bummer! Would be great to switch out floodlight camera with the new V3 Pro!

1 Like

Or is it that access into the “Security Camera” market, having been previously inaccessible to the common residential cave dweller, previously utilized only for commercial purposes, the rich and famous, and the underbelly of professional naredowells, drug cartels and the mob, is now being made accessible to the every person which is driving a fundamental redefining of the idea of what “security” means to the individual and how they utilize IP Cams to get that warm fuzzy security feeling inside?

Someone please edit my punctuation as that is the longest run on sentence I have typed since High School English.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I have been very happy that wyze introduced their low cost cameras when they started up and made them available to this residential cave dweller :grinning:

2 Likes

The best part is that I was not primarily intending to highlight his clear and unambiguous byline. I was just linking to his profile to identify him. :slight_smile:

ME TOO!

2 Likes

proxy-image(25)

Oh, thought you said captain. :frowning:

2 Likes

Distant cousin on my mother’s side. :grin:

1 Like

How is this “PRO” with no RSTP support and crippled functionality unless you pay for a subscription?

1 Like

I am hoping to see additional improvements once the updated UI is revealed upon install.

2 Likes

How many seconds will it take to send a person detected notification to an Echo show?
(my main issue with the cam 3 is that it takes many seconds).
Can you disable the mike (partially solved with tape over the mike on my cam 3).

You don’t need tape for the mic, just go to settings → Advanced Settings → toggle off “Record Sound”

1 Like