I was super excited to change out my Wyze Cam v3 with the Pro model. I was using the v3 outdoors, even though it’s not rated for that and has worked flawlessly.
Things started off on the wrong foot right away.
1. USB cavity too small. I have 25 ft USB cables running out to my v3 cameras, to provide power. I unplugged the previous cable and attempted to plug it into the new v3 Pro, but I couldn’t get any power to the camera. After troubleshooting, I realized the USB cord housing was a hair to big to go all the way into the slot to provide power. I had to grind down the casing on the cable to get it to go in.
2. No videos stored in cloud. Even with Cam Plus enabled, it is only storing a snapshot of the event, not the actual event. Says some error about not having good enough signal. Even if I drop quality down to SD grade, it is the same result.
3. SD Card Playback - Snaps to events, no granular scrubbing of the timeline. I had someone come to my house and I wondered how they got there. I was unable to scrub within about 2 mins of the event because it kept snapping to the event. Even the the 10 sec backward option, wouldn’t go further than the start of the event. I literally had to go back about 3 minutes to avoid the “snap to event” and then wait 3 minutes of video to pass so I could see where this kid came from.
4. Rules - I setup a rule to only activate the light between sunset and sunrise if it detects a person. This rule worked, except it ignored the time limitation and came on during the day as well.
5. Notification Overdrive - I get weird “Motion Completed” notifications. The quality of the motion detection may be faster, but it still is lame and not any better than I got with v3, in fact, it might be worse than v3. I disabled notifications for vehicles, because it kept sending me notifications for vehicles detected the leaves laying on my grass. But I kept getting vehicle notifications, so I had to disable all notifications.
6 - Wyze Web - It doesn’t work on the new Wyze web view, but my v3 works fine.
The image quality is amazing and I love it. But other than that, it’s a joke of a product.
I have another v3 Pro sitting on my desk, to replace the unit in the backyard, but until this stuff is fixed, it’s a paper weight.