Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan Firmware 4.X.9.1433 Released 9/27/2022 (Slow Rollout)

You will have to reload the previous version of the firmware. It is supposedly still here. But you will have to do this manually for each of your cameras via microSD card. I had to do all three of mine, then DO NOT UPGRADE to the current version. I don’t know if it’s failing for everyone … but it certainly does not work for me. Seems as though the real problem is it doesn’t store the WiFi creds so it can’t load them on boot. But regardless it’s not working, so for me at least … the previous firmware version is my only known option.

4 Likes

+1 for the blinking yellow LED of death on three of my seven cameras (so far). Doing a manual flash sounds like a real pain. Let’s hear it for good QA. :-/

1 Like

Works fine if I revert to the previous firmware. Brutal

1 Like

I use android app. and this has been an issue for awhile. but has been getting worse, especially now on the V2’s. I know how to do a screen shot, I’ll try and submit a log, but not sure how to do that for the app. ill give it a shot though.

Hi. I have a Wyze Ticket and Log ID which I can send you if you need, but I have 4 cam pan v1 which connected initially after 1433, but upon powerdown and restart they refused to connect.

I did factory reset, I cleared app cache and app data, deleted each camera, deleted camera group, signed out of app, force stopped app, uninstalled and reinstalled app, and no success.

I had a copy of previous FW version (1002) which enabled me to flash back 2 of the cameras to previous FW, and those 2 cam pans v1 now work again (on 1002).

Using same exact procedure at least 20 times with multiple 32GB SD cards, the other 2 cameras refuse to rollback to 1002 but instead remain on 1433, and continue to connect initially but then refuse to connect on powerdown and restart.

Why did 2 flash back, and 2 don’t?

Please help me, as otherwise I have 2 non-working cameras.

1 Like

The more and more I’ve had to reconnect the worst one, the more stable it seems to become. I cannot fathom how that can be, but the garage one is STILL connected from after my initial post, and the other one has been connected over 24 hours now.

However, they still have no way to reconnect should they lose the connection. If I fold my router antennas down, the worst one drops. Lift them back up and it will never reconnect automatically, just blink orange and blue.

So there is still a digression here that should be resolved for hidden and AP isolation access points.

Massive fail for the new firmware. My 4 v2 cams worked initially, but would not connect to wifi after a restart. The setup process worked… again until restart. I had to downgrade via manual flash to the old firmware… now they are working again!

Wyze have taken down the link (who knows why), but the file is still there:
https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/v2/demo_4.9.8.1002.zip

3 Likes

2 of my Cam Pan V1’s were able to flash back to 1002, but 2 others refused to do likewise, and remain stuck on 1433,

They’re making it really tough to feel any sense of brand loyalty.

1 Like

I’ve never been able to manually update any of my Pan V1s. All of them are of the affected QR code described here, which probably explains why they can’t be updated:

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

I tried to install the latest 4.9.9.1433 wize v2 firmware on two cameras manually.
Simply dont work. Wyze just became a piece of crap

1 Like

Thank you for your post. We have fixed the Error 3001 issue on the firmware side and it is being tested now.

2 Likes

Sorry for the trouble. Do you mind provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? Is the device offline after manually update or the device won’t update successfully? Thanks.

2 Likes

I cannot speak for @zsolt.toth.39 but most folks here, it seems, are having issues with the firmware working after it is successfully installed. A few have it work until the camera is rebooted but then it fails with yellow-blue alternating lights. Like the system will not connect to the network or isn’t able to read the credentials or the like. If you use the app to reinstall the camera, it will work until it looses power or you restart it. All of this is in reference to Cam V.2 or Pan Cam V.1.

I have personally reverted to the previous version of the firmware which works for me.

1 Like

Similar symptoms of user in this thread. PanV1 will not hold network login credentials after power loss. Required reinstall every power cycle. User manually flashed back to prior FW.

Thanks. We are investigating it now.

2 Likes

Sorry for the trouble. On Friday 10/22, there was an offline spike happened on v2 and pan with all firmware versions, and we are investigating it on the cloud side. However, the devices with 9.1433 firmware got impacted most, because we found an issue on the firmware side that caused the device may not be able to reconnect IoT after cloud outage. We will fix that issue on the next firmware build.

4 Likes

Update
I managed to put the 499 firmware on one of My V2 cameras manually somehow but still shows offline. I payed for this service before now useless. Luckily there are alternative firmwares.

Hey zsolt … this one works. It’s what I’m using:

https://download.wyzecam.com/firmware/v2/demo_4.9.8.1002.zip

You’ll have to re-do the connection / config thing with the app, but it should work after that - as long as you don’t upgrade the firmware.

1 Like