Wyze Cam Pan v2 & v3 Firmware Beta Test 3/13/2023

Wyze Pan v2:

Version:4.49.3.4054

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that affected Internet connection when connected to open Wi-Fi
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.49.1.47 or below.

-------------------------------------------------

Wyze Cam v3:

Version: 4.36.10.4054

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that affected Internet connection when connected to open Wi-Fi
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.
5 Likes

Installed on all V3s using the Firmware Update page without issues.

2 Likes

Updated all of mine that currently have WiFi…

2 Likes

Have updated my sole Wyze Cam V3 (purchased within the last 2 weeks) without issue. Am hoping soon to see some improvement in the units ability to reconnect to wifi after losing connection.

At present I am making use of a smart plug and some IFTTT logic to detect when the camera is offline and power cycle it automatically.

2 Likes

Updated all of my cameras without any issues.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, are you implying that some are offline or that some are using the WyzeHacks to run PoE?

1 Like

I believe K6CCC uses some v3 cameras as dash cams disconnected from WiFi. Those may not have been updated yet.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Thanks.

1 Like

All of mine except one v3 got the update on first try and came back up normally. One required me to power it off and on after the update as it wouldn’t reconnect. Luckily this one was an “easier to reach” one

3 Likes

Correct, I currently I have three Wyze cameras in my truck. A V2 that points at the driver, and a V3 and a V3 Pro sitting side by side behind the rear view mirror looking forward. I also have two V3 cameras with RTSP firmware so of course those don’t update.
I have a WiFi AP in my office at work that matches the SSID used for my IoT devices at home, but it only works in the parking structure if I’m really close (seldom the case).
I’m home now and the V3 is updating as I type this,

3 Likes

Wow, I would love to see how you have the set up in the truck

1 Like

And here I thought you were being more cautious after your past crazy beta experience. :slight_smile: Good to see you still beta testing though! I haven’t gotten to adding mine yet, but I will update all of mine at home within the next day.

1 Like

You have my attention!

Please do share this magic you speak of in a new Tips & Tricks topic!

1 Like

Here is another thread with video.

1 Like

Here you go - it’s pretty bare-bones, but I think its enough for people to figure out.

2 Likes

To answer your question spamoni4, here’s a couple photos of the three cameras. First is the V2 “DriverCam”. This camera has been modified for an external antenna. One of these days I will get around to mounting a real antenna on the roof of the truck and replace the antenna currently on the camera.

Next is the currently two Dash cameras. I moved the mirror out of the way so you could see the cameras. Camera 25 is the V3 and CFamera 37 is the V3 Pro. Like the V2, the V3 has been modified for an external antenna.

All three cameras are magneticly attached to the Wyze disk that comes with the cameras. I have never had a problem with the cameras coming off - and this is a 4x4 truck that somewhat regularly drives on crappy roads…

3 Likes

I have one V3 that came from a flood light that when i update to this firmware, it no longer connects. all my other V3’s and my other flood light updated no issue. The only way I can get this one V3 to work and connect in the app is if I use the rtsp firmware.

It is also worth noting that this is the second v3 i have had this behavior with, with previous firmwares where it will only work as expected with RTSP firmware. And also, this is also the same V3 i had issues with that it stopped detecting it had a flood connected to it.

I have tried walking back all the way to .139 and letting it update again but still has the same issue. Connection times out during adding of the camera,

Is there another way to completely wipe and fresh install things on the v3 other than loading firmware onto a memory card and holding setup when you plug it in?

1 Like

Is there somewhere to download the beta firmware bin files? seems like all i can get to run on my one V3 is the RTSP firmware. not even the older available images seem to get installed. I did manage to get back to 139 and tried the OTA update again which threw me back into the loop, so would be nice to see if I could just start with a hard install of the 4.49.3.4054

EDIT: Actually got the camera to do the OTA again. ended up doing the manual reset of holding setup (had to do it for 30 seconds even though the step by step says 10 before you could hear it reset). then updated to 3406. and it worked adding to the app. then did OTA to this firmware and it is working now (though still doesnt see the floodlight :cry: )

Here is more info on the Beta Program.