Wyze Cam v3, Cam v3 Pro, Cam v2 & Can Pan v3 Firmware Beta Test 1/3/2024

Wyze Cam v3 Beta:

Version: 4.36.11.8135

What’s New:

• Security improvements

• You need to update the app to 2.48 to receive this firmware update

• App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

Wyze Cam v3 Pro Beta:

Version: 4.58.11.8135

What’s New:

• Security improvements

• App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

Wyze Cam v2 Beta:

Version: 4.9.9.2954

What’s New:

• Security improvements

Wyze Cam Pan v3 Beta:

Version: 4.50.4.8157

What’s New:

• Security improvements

5 Likes

Updated 26 cameras. Connectivity seems to be better.
Assorted collection of V3, V3 Pro, and Pan V3.

3 Likes

Updated one of my V3s; it could no longer connect to the network, nor find the network it had been connected to when I tried resetting it and setting it back up from scratch. The SSID for this particular network is hidden (not broadcast); the v3 started working normally again when the SSID was made visible (broadcast).

Using Android app v2.48.0 (379) (latest available from Play store).

4 Likes

Updated 2 v3s successfully.

What I have noticed on the recent firmware versions is that my v3s in a Camera Group view on iOS will need to reconnect every time I scroll the screen, whereas the 2 OGs I have in the same Camera Group stay connected when I scroll around.

1 Like

I updated only one.
When it came back online, live view has it a full 8 seconds delay from me moving, to me seeing the movement on liveview on my phone.

But then, I started not being able to see ANY of my cams on the app,

Now there is about half 3/4 of them that wont connect.

Seems there is issues with the cloud portion of wyze now…

1 Like

Updated 17 cameras with bulk update - No issues.

1 Like

@Aardvark

Could you submit a log from the device that had this issue? Then please post the log number here so the team can look at it.

1 Like

I had to reboot all my cameras, even though only one was updated with the new firmware.
Now they all connect again.

I think it was an issue on the cloud for a bit.

I have since updated them all, and they all seem fine.

They now all seem to connect faster in group views.

There is one thing that has been going on “lately” that I don’t like though…
V3Pros: That is the way that when first connecting, and then when switching to landscape, how the view gets dark and stays that way for what seems like forever before it brightens up again.

It makes it seem like it is not completely ready to view.
I just noticed that clicking it while it is dark will make it stop.

It appears that that is to make the contrast better for seeing the name, microphone and speaker icon, light icon, etc, easier to see. You get the same thing by just clicking the picture, it gets dark again while showing those icons.

It would be nice to have this be an option we could turn on or off.
It doesn’t do it for the v3s…

1 Like

Yes, I get this as well. But now after this update, at least the “reconnect” is much faster…

1 Like

Installing now.

2 Likes

Same here… one of each cam type to start.

2 Likes

Everything on my side seems to be loading just fine. I have not power cycled the cameras, I might just to test it and see.

It should be noted that I don’t group my cameras

2 Likes

Log submitted, ID 1277004

2 Likes

Updated mine in various batches. Out of 15+ cameras, only one failed. The camera did get “stuck” until a manual restart was done. I did not use the bulk update option as I like to stagger them in case one covering an important area goes offline.

3 Likes

I think I had about 20-25 that all upgraded fine. I did them in batches of 5 or so

2 Likes

Updated one cam each; Cam v2, Cam v3, Cam v3 Pro Cam Pan v3. All went well.

Restarted each as a test and all came back online and can stream all simultaneously.

Also tested app-to-firmware version update control policy. This beta round is successful. Cams cannot be updated via 2.47 or earlier app versions (manually or automatically), only via 2.48. Once updated via 2.48 app, cams can be accessed and live streamed via 2.47 app though (and obviously via 2.48). Not sure if that last statement matters.

2 Likes

I had the same issue with hidden SSID failing to connect. V3s connected after unhiding SSID. Hidden SSID worked OK before Beta update.
Log ID 1277119 submitted

2 Likes

I had the same issue with hidden SSID failing to connect. V3s connected after unhiding SSID. Hidden SSID worked OK before Beta update.
Log ID 1277119 submitted

2 Likes

@Aardvark @S.Mann

Thank you for the logs, we have found the issue and are working on a solution.

2 Likes