Wyze Cam v3 & Pan v2 Firmware RC Test 9/20/2022

Wyze Cam v3:

Version: 4.36.10.2632

What’s New:

• Improved Event Video stability

• Improved IoT connectivity

• Bug fixes

• Security improvements

• Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.

Wyze Cam Pan v2:

Version: 4.49.3.2632

What’s New:

• Improved Event Video stability

• Improved IoT connectivity

• Bug fixes

• Security improvements

• Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.49.1.47 or below.

[Mod Edit]: Removed embedded space from version numbers to enhance search clarity.

5 Likes

Installed on all my V3s and pan Cam v2 without issues.

2 Likes

Installed on all Cam v3 and Cam Pan v2 cams. Preliminary results looks great. Pixelation, stuttering and frame glitches in Events appear to be resolved.

2 Likes

Installed to all v3 except for one (because that’s not one I can risk until I can be satisfied) - I really took the plunge on this one ever since the DNS problem was resolved. A few cameras I did have to redo the config, but didn’t have any problems afterwards. Given so many fixes and addressing of prior concerns on previous releases, I’m a bit keen on getting the upgrade to beta even at-risk. So far, I’d say the risk was worthwhile!

Upgraded 2 of my V3s from 4.36.9.139 production fw to 4.36.10.2632. As with all of the betas thus far, playback of events from the cloud look almost like stop-action motion and are 0.5x speed. Playback from SD card is normal - smooth and correct 1x speed.

Back to 9.139 for me.

1 Like

OTA update from .2526 to .2632 successful on V3 test cam.

Lengthy update. Took it’s sweet time. But eventually completed.

No issues to report. Live, event, and SD video appears HD crisp and plays smooth. SD recording still building towards 256GB (a little over half way there @ 16d).

2 Likes

I’d say so too! There were a few cameras that were “offline” and I thought it was game-over and suddenly they appeared as online again :upside_down_face: I wasn’t looking forward to dismounting them and reprogramming them, phew.

1 Like

After making this V3 cam update from the previous beta (.2526 to .2632), I am getting some cameras that drop offline often and give error code -67. They must be power cycled to get back online. Previous beta was nearly rock solid, other than the glitching stop-action effects that others have noted, which I’m still seeing with this beta…
LogID: 723338

2 Likes

After doing more troubleshooting, I found, in my case anyway, that the stop-motion 0.5x speed playback of events from the cloud was remedied by enabling Record Sound in Advanced Settings. Makes no sense I know, but both of my test v3 cams are now working as close to normal as one could expect.

@debaker1 Do you have Record Sound disabled in your V3s?

3 Likes

I tried this and it worked for one of.my indoor cams that looks out the window. I will disable it when I get home because it’s in my bedroom. I will let you know if it’s duplicatable.

2 Likes

Hi @Aardvark, I have always had record sound on with all my cams…however I just found out the power supply on the above mentioned V3 cam was going bad. It would boot and start up but the video feed was intermittent, and it would eventually crash hard. Put a new power supply and it’s fine now.
Odd that this corresponded to the .2632 firmware update though…it was fine before that.
Now my other problem V3 cam is a floodlight, so if it’s a bad power supply it’s going to be more difficult to figure out.

On a side note, I’ve had several bad power supplies on my V2/V3 cams, so check those if you’re seeing issues!

Thanks for the reply. I understand how a power supply problem could cause a camera to drop offline as you mentioned, I haven’t had connection issues, however, only the video issues. Because the video issues are on multiple cameras and ONLY with the beta fw (my v2 and Pan V1s also have similar video issues with the latest betas), I believe the cause is the beta firmware.

What about your other V3s - do they have the video issues too, or just the one with the bad supply?

Updated one of my v3’s without issue.

1 Like

Updated, cameras slow to load live view on iOS 16 using latest public release of wyze app…

I beleive the pixelation is back again… last beta firmware it was fixed…

This firmware pixelation is back in live view and events with slow moving objects in foreground and or background of camera view… for example, view of front porch, wind blows flag and bushes causes pixelation for whole frame, goes from sharp to blurry.

Last beta firmware it was fixed.

Hopefully events record now, all of them, and they upload to cloud… will keep observing…

Update, pixelation again for recorded events too… slow moving object foreground or background in view of camera causes pixelation to blurry…

I do not know or understand why wyze engineers are changing video recorded bitrate each time and video recording file format but it messes up the whole idea of a wyze cam, that is to see live or record video events of something happening with motion in front of camera… if it’s low quality bitrate and encoding and or decoding, makes cameras useless… blurry objects of people or cars in frame is kind of pointless…

Come on wyze, last beta fixed pixelation but broke recording events smoothly and sending each clip to cloud…

You guys, as I said in past, need a QC team in house and beta team seeing this too…

Se one edit, recorded clips for some reason or now even shorter in length… they were 17-18 seconds in last beta, and in last stable 20-30 seconds…

Now with most recent beta, 13 second pixelated clip???

I understand what they are trying to do in long run with shorter clip time, but my two cameras have the darn paid subscription that is expensive for me and I get a recorded 13 second clip of pixelated video of movement in front of camera?

Firmware is going downhill from last stable…. Wyze fix it!

3 Likes

Jesus, another update…

My cameras with cam plus, I can’t enable smart detection, all grayed out in iOS 16 and public newest iOS wyze app…

When I go to enable the bubble option for person or package, it takes me to purchase page for cam plus.

Although in settings in main app menu , cam plus is enabled for the cameras I want it on…

Wyze what is going on? I’ve been on the last three betas and this might explain why my live event recording’s are 13-17 second blurry clips…

1 Like

More observations with recent beta…. Android app most recent public download works much better with wyze cameras on most recent betA…

Android app options are not missing, or greyed out or not working…

Android app loads streams quickly, syncs with video and audio and works much better than most recent iOS app on iOS 16 public…

Using android os version 12…

Don’t know if it’s iOS app, or beta firmware and or combo, but also besides all other issues with recent version 3 camera firmware, audio is way out of sync on live feed video, example family members talking, second or two delay from lips on camera and mic and responding to them with microphone from iOS device delayed…

Using same iPad Air 4 and iPhone 13 non pro with most recent public iOS app from wyze…

Only difference then is newer or newest beta firmware installed this morning on v3 cameras.

iPad has iOS 15.7 and iPhone 13 has iOS 16.0 and same exact issues on both devices in wyze app and or newest beta firmware on cameras…

V3, Firmware installed without issue cam seems stable and have not had any drips. Not seeing the pixelation others noticed.

Not sure if wyze and devs/engineers made server side changes for wyze v3 cam streamed live and recorded cloud video but todaY 9-23-22, using latest beta firmware, video live and recorded clips look sharper, less pixelated, better bitrate and encoding… I’m not sure if wyze has camera do that with mins unless hardware or if on server side or cloud they encode and decode…

Still issues with most recent iOS app public on iOS 16 and iOS 15.7 on multiple Apple devices. Sound still out of sync and delayed and video is like delayed by seconds from real time…

Now back to android 12 and latest android public app, a lot better, video and audio more synced to real time, less overall issues, glitches and or bugs with wyZe app software vs iOS…

Will continue to observe… pixelation not bad today because of overcast PNW… but moving objects today not blurring whole frame of video…

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing, but for a slightly different reason. I was so happy with how well my V3s and Pan V2s were working after enabling Record Sound in Advanced Settings (per my post above), that I updated all of them with this beta fw. Playback of events from the cloud were very smooth. Today, however, playback of events pause for a split second at the 4 second mark – even events from yesterday that played smoothly yesterday. I’m using the same phone and tablet as yesterday, running Android 11 and app version 2.35.0 (b87) and (b80) respectively.

1 Like