Wyze Cam v3 and Pan v2 Firmware Beta Test 2/20/2023

Wyze Cam v3 Beta

Version: 4.36.10.3896

What’s New:

• Improved Event Video recording stability
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.

Wyze Cam Pan v2 Beta

Version: 4.49.3.3896

What’s New:

• Improved Event Video recording stability
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.49.1.47 or below.
5 Likes

Applied successfully to 10x v3’s in 2x2x2x2x2 batches. One v3 did have some kind of weird restart cycle after the update when trying to connect to LIVE view, but whatever it was, seems to have resolved itself. Hoping it’s not some kind of recurring issue.

3 Likes

Can someone explain this to me, I’m confused. All of my cameras are on 4.36.10.3896 and I receive a notification to update to the new version of Firmware, that I already have. Here is screen capture:

Is it because is going public???

Look closely at the digits. There’s one different number :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Yea, I had to take a double look as well. So close in numbering.

2 Likes

Ooops, the smelliest brain fart!

Thanks brother for pointing the obvious that I missed. Math was never my strong point;)

4 Likes

16 V3 updated via bulk update all at once. :crossed_fingers: Didn’t smell any smoke. All back online with no evident issues.

2 Likes

ok updated all 8 of my V3’s and it was a bit of a fight, i updated them 2 at a time, first 2 with the individual cam update, then last at 2 at a time with the bulk update. checking each time that it went as planned. each time I was forced to stop and reload the app to see the cams after update they showed offline until i restarted the app. this happened with all the ways i updated them. one exception, the last one to update refused to show online, checked today and it was back online and working. app is on latest beta and android. this morning all was working well.

16…? And to think I was crazily, security-conscious :rofl:

1 Like

That doesn’t account for the PanV1, PanV3, V3Pro, or OG Cams. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I do have to clarify though, 3 of the V3 are watching mousetraps and 4 are used only for automation uploads. :grin:

You have cameras deployed just to watch mouse traps? Now that’s a true geek. More geek than me, I’m afraid!

1 Like

Guilty. :raising_hand_man:

The 4 automation cams are looking at a wall. I use them only so I get video upload smart notifications to trigger my phone automation macros to arm and disarm my HMS since nothing is allowed to arm or disarm the HMS via automation actions. I tried using Alexa and IFTTT Notifications but they were wildly unreliable.

Care to be more specific? I’m really intrigued how the 4 cams aimed at the wall accomplish anything???

Sure.

**Click here for the long winded explanation.**

The HMS cannot be Armed to Home, Away, or Disarmed without the use of the Keypad or punching the app on the phone. This is because there are no Rules Actions that allow for automating the arming and disarming. We now have them as Triggers (yeah! :clap:), But not actions.

This was the barrier I needed to surpass.

I tell Alexa “I’m Leaving”, “I’m Home”, “Bed Time”, which will activate a routine to turn on a dedicated automation Wyze Plug… But, plugs have no push notification feature. So, the Wyze Plug turning on activates one of these “Automation Cams” to upload a video which in turn sends my phone a push notification of a Smart Video Alert. The push notification is the key. MacroDroid runs on my phone monitoring all my notifications. When this notification arrives, it executes a macro to unlock my phone, open the Wyze App to the monitoring tab and automatically arm or disarm the HMS. It does this without any requirements from me and only by using the intitial Alexa voice command. A Rube Goldberg of automations for sure.

I tried using Alexa Routines notifications and IFTTT applets notifications, but they were so unreliable they were essentially useless. The latency was insane.

So, I found that the cam Smart Upload alerts were actually the most reliable and quickest reacting in order to trigger setting my alarm. I had some extra V3 laying around since I replaced them w\ V3Pro, PanV3, and OG so I figured I would put them to work.

I could have used any of my other active cams for this, but many already have their own Smart upload rule actions and I wanted these to be isolated anyway.

So, they sit on a shelf looking at a wall waiting for a rule to upload a 12s video and send a push notification. That is their only job.

Where can i find the file for Wyze Cam v3 Beta Version: 4.36.10.3896 ?

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @deltavita! :raising_hand_man:

Beta firmware is not offered or distributed via .bin file download for manual flash to the cam like production firmware. It is only available via OTA update thru the app once your app is on the Beta program.

If you have signed up for the Beta program already, make sure the V3 cam is selected as a Beta Testing Cam in Account → About → Beta Program → Edit.

1 Like

That’s innovative and not to mention very smart. Good job :+1:

1 Like

It might not be available anymore as a production version is out that trumps the beta. But I might be wrong

4.36.10.3896 is the current Beta unless I missed something. It is the version I am testing on all my cams. That is one of the Beta versions for this thread.

4.36.10.3406 is the last production FW available for download and flash.