Wyze Cam v3 and Pan v2 Firmware Beta Test 2/20/2023

True, but I have been pestered to update to 4.36.10.3836 even though I am beta testing 4.36.10.3896.

That’s because 3836 was the previous Beta that was never released. It was updated to the 3896 Beta.

Your post from 2 days ago above showed that all your V3 cams were on the previous Beta 3836 and you were being notified of the new Beta Update 3896.

1 Like

Maaaan, what a heck am I on? I should share it with all you good folks :slight_smile: I think I’m getting to old and senile for this s@%t :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m glad you said it. I was thinking it but didn’t want to put you out there. I was wondering if the Cabin Fever was especially virulent this year.

But… We have ALL been there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: No worries.

You are right on the spot. The cameras at the cottage are going offline for hours and they come back. I think the cold weather has broken my timer switch that modem/router is plugged into. I need to get there sooner than later, but with the amount of snow there I’ll have to wait till Easter :frowning:

1 Like

I have 14v3s a Panv3, wyze doorbell, V2 outdoor and a V2. At this point I have most of my house covered lol this also doesn’t include my other brands of cameras.

Also updated without issues here.

Ever since I applied the update that was specific to solve connection issues, it actually created connection issues for mine, I get error 90 every hour or so, like it did on the one they replaced… I’m getting frustrated with this.
Edit: The router is 6 feet away.
Edit 2: Its only on the Pan Cam v3’s, my other 9 non V3 Pan’s do not get this error or have this problem.

What version of FW is on your CP V3, Patrick (@TheNerdCorner) ?

4.50.2.3762 @great.gonzos

Sorry to hear you are having an issue. I am not experiencing the issues with my Pan V3.

There is a Beta Firmware release which I am running, may want to try that:

Wyze Cam Pan v3 & Sense Hub Firmware Beta Test 2/13/2023 - Beta - Wyze Forum

Or, if you have an SD Card in the camera, format it and see if it could be related.

Have you tried the other options of clearing cache etc. Then Restarting the Phone and trying?

I’m getting a little confused, I’m in the beta program, Using The Beta Wyze app, but I’m not getting Beta versions?
Edit: I just noticed this when you mentioned that you have a beta version. That’s what I thought I had.

Edit 2: looks like the Beta App removed all my devices from Beta Firmware’s, I reenabled them and will see how it goes after the update

2 Likes

This beta has been installed smoothly but I am noticing the time/clock skipping/freezing/jumping but no interruption in the audio feed or video.

Installed smoothly on all 3 of my V3s, but the detection AI broke again. I’m getting cars, trucks, dogs, and cloud shadow lines detected as people again, like I did 5 or versions back. In the previous rev my only complaint was that the cameras tagged the local opossums as pets.

The new firmware beta introduced video stuttering in live view in iOS that wasn’t present in previous version.

Does anyone know if the v3 Beta version 4.36.10.3896 fixes the skipping the first minute of every hour of SD card Continuous Recording playback?

I don’t know if it fixes it but I don’t seem to be experiencing any issue with skipping.

1 Like

I haven’t seen that particular glitch in the latest update.

1 Like

I have one v3 on firmware 4.36.10.3406. When viewing playback of the SD card at :59 minutes past any hour, the playback jumps from :00 to :01 of the next hour. None of my v3 cameras on firmware 4.36.9.139 exhibit this bug.

I just found this morning too that with 2.40.0 (6) - on IOS 16.1.2, on at least some of my cams with Cam Plus (if I get a minute I’ll see if I can narrow down which ones), I can no longer turn off selective motion events. That is, Person, Pet, Vehicle and Package are all turned on and I can’t turn one of them off, say Person, for example. If I need to turn any of them off, I have to turn off ALL notifications with the slider at the top. The odd thing is that the check box for Other motion events DOES work. And it’s the same for Sound events too. They are all turned on (meowing, barking, talking) EXCEPT Other sound events and the check for it DOES work. I can turn it on/off at will.

Nope. Still there.