Wyze Cam v3, Wyze Cam v3 Pro, and Wyze Cam Pan v3 Beta Firmware

Wyze Cam v3 Beta Firmware

Version: 4.36.11.7863

What’s New:

• Security improvements

• You need to update the app to 2.48 to receive this firmware update

• App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

Wyze Cam v3 Pro Beta Firmware

Version: 4.58.11.7863

What’s New:

• Security improvements

• You need to update the app to 2.48 to receive this firmware update

• App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

Wyze Cam Pan v3 Beta Firmware

Version: 4.50.4.7796

What’s New

• Improved the Waypoint drift issue for newly manufactured devices. This test is not expected to impact the current customer experience and will not be released to the public. We are validating a change for the production process and collecting more data points during production to use for improving the Waypoint drift issues for existing units in an upcoming firmware version.
5 Likes

I have the 2.48 version of the app, waiting for the Firmware now. :slight_smile:

EDIT

Firmware just became available

2 Likes

Same here. Not showing up under iOS or Android apps. Not in a rush though. :grin:

This is another great example to add to explanations of why we want people to actually look up their firmware version and why saying “I have the latest firmware” is nearly meaningless. “Latest Firmware” will mean lots of different things. If someone is on a beta tract, they will have one thing be “Latest Firmware”…Production tract is another “Latest Firmware.” Then there are times when there is a slow release and not everyone has been approved for the most recent firmware yet. Now we have another example where different app versions will also show different “Latest firmware” versions, and tell people they are up to date, even though they may not ACTUALLY be “up to date” with the real “latest firmware.” So we need them to actually look it up just so we can verify what “latest” means in this particular case.

2 Likes

I was a Senior Moderator for Motorola for 10 years.
I heard everything during my time there. So yes you do always have to ask. Some get mad and most don’t. I stopped being a Mod there when Lenovo took over. I don’t think I still have patience to mod anymore. I’m getting old and grumpy with little room for attitudes. Keep up the good work you’re doing here. I read more than I post these days.

5 Likes

Well lovely… 21 cams updated, now I have 21 that the app won’t view…, I can restart them all with a rule, and I can see that they are recording events, but I can’t live view any of them.

I have restarted the app…2.48.0(379)

Updated 2 each: Cam v3, Cam v3 Pro, Cam Pan v3. Took about 3 minutes each and all are running well. Will keep an eye on these cams and update additional cams tomorrow if all goes well.

1 Like

My cameras are having a hard time connecting. No issues prior to FW Update.

Here is what I tried so far:

• Power cycled all cameras
  • Clear Cache from within the app
  • Android: Force Stop and clear Cache from OS Level.
  • Restarted phone and will see shortly.

Nothing has worked so far

EDIT

@WyzeJasonJ @WyzeMatt @WyzeDesmond

Did the Firmware update and having issues, I am going to submit logs for all of the issues, but looks like most of the cameras I updated has issues. I am itemizing them below. However, Not sure you want to continue if this is the case, may want to consider pausing the update.

Android App Version 2.48.0 (379)

V3Pro Driveway
Error: Sits on Loading Live Stream Then finally got an Error -27
FW: 4.58.11.7863
Log #: 1266032

V3Pro DW2
Error: Sits on Loading Live Stream
FW: 4.58.11.7863
Log #: 1266038

V3 Porch
Error: stuck on connection 1of 3 and ultimately gets Connection Failed
FW: 4.36.11.7863
Log #: 1266042

V3 Backyard
Error: Device Lost Connection / stuck on connection 1/3
Log #: 1266046

V3 Patio
Error: stuck on connection 1/3
Log #: 1266051

NOTE: only 1 v3 can connect.

2 Likes

Are all of your cams Cam v3? I had to powercycle one after the update to get it to live stream.

1 Like

Pretty much all of my V3s will not load now in the app. I can see them in the mywyze browser site, but not the app. Loading live stream is where the stay until error -27.

1 Like

Try powercycling the cams as long as you’re sure the update completed successfully. If you’re not sure and you kill the power while the update is still ongoing, you may end up with a semi-brick that will require a flash.

All cams showed complete, and I have pulled power on all cams and still not viewable in the app

1 Like

Most are v3 Pro, but about 6 are v3.
Rebooted 3 times, tried power cycling, restarted modem and router, switches, access points. I can view v2s, and other devices and shared cams that were not updated.
Killed the app.
Restarted the phone (Pixel 7Pro), no joy.
I can view them in the buggy web app…
they all show updated.
Error code (-27)

This is how the security part works:
No one can take your phone and view your cameras…

Thank you guys! Awesome update!

1 Like

I recommend an emergency app update, but that will be fun since the last two took about 3 days to become available on the play store…

Android app is out. Version 2.48.0 (379) is in the store.

What version are you on?

That one…
Stated in the first post…
I have restarted the app…2.48.0(379)
Sorry…

I just updated an instance to the same one on Blue Stacks, and it can not view the cameras now either.

Not going well. :disappointed: Cam v3 and Cam v3 Pro cams are dropping out. Repeatedly powercycling works about 1 in 10 times. Cams show connected via router stats and are blasting IR, but unable to live stream.

CPv3 cams are doing great though. :smiley:

Lesson learned? Never immediately update critical cams with beta firmware, especially 21! :open_mouth: I made that mistake only once. It was painful. :cry:

3 Likes

Yea, I have too, but I was in the middle of a different test and just did the updates. :slight_smile:

Normally I do one or two and then test. But I did my perimeter of my home.

Signed up as a Beta Tester, so I expect some issues. I am sure it will be worked out.

2 Likes