Wyze Cam v2, Pan v3 & Video Doorbell v2 Firmware Beta Test 1/9/2024

Wyze Cam v2:

Version: 4.9.9.3006

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that prevented pairing to hidden networks
  • You need to update the app to 2.48 to receive this firmware update
  • App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

Wyze Cam Pan v3 :

Version: 4.50.4.8409

What’s New:

• App versions lower than 2.48 can’t connect to this firmware due to the app and firmware security improvements

Wyze Video Doorbell v2:

Version: 4.51.1.8444

What’s New:

6 Likes

I have had no luck upgrading my Doorbell v2 from 4.51.1.8161 to 4.51.1.8432.

I’ve tried multiple times already; including restarts and power cycling.

All prior firmware updates went w/o any update issues.

Log ID: 1282084

4 Likes

I have reported this to the team.

2 Likes

Update to 4.51.1.8432 also failing. Log ID: 1282105

1 Like

I’ll try to explain this. Have three Pan V3s.

Updated one only.

All way points were missing even in the last version on all.

The one I’ve updated and the other two have the waypoints come back and they are white blocks instead of pics. May be a server side issue.:person_shrugging:

Loading live view is slow and only opens once in a while on the updated V3.

I’ll post some screen shots of what I’m seeing. Holding on updates for the other two for now.

Will report back if I find more or it’s changes any.

Update 1;
The updated V3 is opening better and more consistently, the waypoints continue to be white and when edit waypoints is selected, it’s blank.

I rebooted the mesh wifi just in case, even though all other cameras are working.

Update 2;
What I’m find is waypoints are there and work if selected. In dark mode their white squares, in light mode their invisible.

Update 3;
I’m going to go ahead and update the other two.
The waypoint pics are missing on those without the new firmware, but still function even though invisible in light mode and white squares in dark.

Update 4;
The other two updated fine, work fine but look as posted in screenshots and described.

2 Likes

I will get this reported, thank you.

2 Likes

Updated 10 V2s and two Pan V3s. Worked fine in all regards. Unlike G2740, waypoints are fine on the one camera that had some waypoints previously set up.

2 Likes

I had the same problem with 4.51.1.8432 last night. Tried it again this morning and was suprised by newer firmware 4.51.1.8444 which did upgrade OK from 4.51.1.8161,

1 Like

For anyone who could not download the Doorbell v2 beta, it should be available now as version 4.51.1.8444. I will update the main post accordingly.

2 Likes

The revised 4.51.1.8444 firmware for the Doorbell v2 works.

No issues on the update or in usage so far.

1 Like

What I did finally is delete the white ones on all 3 Pan V3s, redo them and now they’re color clips as normal.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.