Wyze Cam v3, Pan v2 & v3 Pro Firmware Beta Test 6/1/2023

Wyze Cam v3:

Version: 4.36.11.4679

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused 12-second Event Videos to be recorded without the cooldown
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.

Wyze Cam Pan v2:

Version: 4.49.11.4679

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused abnormal cool down when recording 12s events
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.49.1.47 or below.

---------------------------------

Wyze Cam v3 Pro:

Version: 4.58.11.4679

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused 12-second Event Videos to be recorded without the cooldown
5 Likes

Updating now via the firmware update page. Doing bulk update first. Will report back when done.

EDIT

No issue with updating the Cameras overall. Had to restart some cameras to get the FW Loaded. I should note that I was in a remote location and not at home on the same WiFi.

So far, things seem to be functioning fine

3 Likes

Bulk update - No issues. Testing.

2 Likes

15 to update,
Did bulk, they all hung in the app at “updating”.
Restarted app, all still required updating.
Bulk update again, hung again.
Restarted app, One completed update, rest still need update.
Doing individual updates now, but still seems to be hanging.
Will give it half hour, then restart app again.
From there, I will power cycle all of them and try again.

They finally all show updated.
The issue with the red light coming on with movement even though no recording events are set is still there.
As someone posted a reply to my complaint with this, and they posted a screen shot from Wyse that explains what the red light indicates, this is not how they are supposed to work.
It should only be red if it is uploading event videos or if it is being remotely viewed.

1 Like

All updated via bulk page.

What is that supposed to mean? Note, I have CamPlus on every camera so maybe not following because of that.

1 Like

Why would anyone want to update ifthere getting it for free,the bug that they created for FREE. We all know that we pay for cam + and it’s useless

You know what’s useless, your multiple posts that help no one.

5 Likes

Yeah, it affected Cam Plus Lite users only. We were bombarded with notifications every 12 seconds no cooldown on recordings but also no cooldown on notifications :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@WyzeAndy

My preliminary testing against the V3 and v3 Pro’s have been very positive so far. I am currently testing with my Android device and will switch to iOS later.

I am receiving notification, in full length for all of my AI detections and am being notified within 3 seconds or so from all of my cameras.

1 Like

Had a lot of problems getting these updates to apply. Used bulk and single camera and some updates would never stick and caused the camera to go into limbo until restarted. Even after a restart, update wouldn’t take on 2nd try. Confirmed this by checking the reported firmware number from camera settings. Have 3 out of 15 cameras having this issue.

2 Likes

16 V3 and 1 V3Pro updated via one button bulk without issues. Monitoring.

1 Like

I had a V3 pro just do that. 1 out of 15 cams.
I restarted it by power on and off for a few minutes and then did it in the cams settings in device instead of the bulk offer and it worked. It’s unknown to me as to why this one cam had that issue but I’m glad I got it working.
HTH

4 Likes

Hey!!! happy forum anniversary @eagle328!

3 Likes

Decided to update just one of my v3’s with the new Beta firmware and then the other two only if was successful. Unfortunately it was not. “Update Failed” on two attempts at the over-the-air update. Restarted cam between attempts but didn’t help. Have not attempted the update with the other two.

Maybe give it a long time.
I found that this update took WAY longer…
Click update, then go about your rat killin and come check on it later, like 30 mins or more. See if that helps…

2 Likes

Yeah … launched app about an hour later, went to Settings / Firmware Update and even though it never said the update was successful on this screen while performing update originally, it was shown as having been updated. ¯\(ツ)/¯ Anyway, with this one v3 cam updated, I updated the other two from the Update screen with no issues. All three are updated now.

1 Like

Updating one by one and things seem to be going very smoothly so far! Super fast to update! Will report if things change!

2 Likes

Most of my V3 and V3 pros upgraded after one or more attempts. However, I still have one V3 that won’t upgrade.

Thank you!

2 Likes