Wyze Cam v3 & Pan v2 Firmware Beta Test 10/26/2022

Wyze Cam v3:

Version: 4.36.10.2864

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect membership status after quickly switching membership

• Fixed a bug that caused Error 3001 when viewing motion and sound Events

• Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.

Wyze Cam Pan v2:

Version: 4.49.3.2864

What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect membership status after quickly switching membership

• Fixed a bug that caused Error 3001 when viewing motion and sound Events

• Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.49.1.47 or below.

[Mod Edit]: Removed embedded space from version numbers to enhance search clarity.

5 Likes

Updating all of my cameras now. Will report back when done. :crossed_fingers: :slight_smile:

EDIT

Update went well, did it all through the Firmware Update Page, 3 at a time.

Time to start Testing… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Updated all Cam v3 and Pan Cam v2 cams. All went well.

2 Likes

Updated all 10 V3 in one batch. Finished quickly. All streamed on first try after update. Will keep an eye on them.

:grin::+1: This is great timing BTW. I was just lamenting yesterday that I still had cams on .139 that I didn’t use for beta testing but couldn’t get .2700 yet. Now I don’t have to wait for .2700 gradual release to get to my .139 cams!

:raised_hands: WooHoo!

3 Likes

I went balls deep like a nut bag and updated all my v3’s at once. Two keeps going into an “Update Failed” through multiple attempts. At least it didn’t break the camera. Not going to keep forcing it in case it does something bad and it’s in the middle of the night where I don’t want to have to wander out to remediate. Maybe I’ll give both those cameras a restart tomorrow and try again.

2 Likes

Updated all v3s. Successful

2 Likes

One of mine refused to update and request a reboot. It wouldn’t power cycle remotely so required a hard power cycle. Update went flawlessly following that.

3 Likes

Updated all V3’s to latest firmware. 6 went flawless. One needed to be restarted after the update as it was unstable with livestream bitrate. other failed on first attempt, had to restart, was able to do this remotely, and updated on second attempt with no issues.

1 Like

Had to run thru settings verifications on all cams that upgraded from .139

I had Vehicle Event recording off on all these cams (8). Because the update adds the individual Smart AI Notification toggles .139 doesn’t have, it automatically assumed I wanted Vehicle Notifications on all these cams even though Vehicle Event recording was kept in the Off state. Odd that the Vehicle Notification toggle was the only one affected.

2 Likes

Having unusual issues with various v3 where “sound detection” will suddenly toggle on (I don’t use sound on ANY cameras) - when I turn it off, it’ll then randomly turn back on. Proper settings may last hours or days but still invariably toggle its own setting to on. I have the four sound types off. I’ve even gone through full shutoff of event types and notifications, turned it all off, clear cache and turned on ONLY AI motion and later find that sound magically activated.

2 Likes

@WyzeAndy @WyzeJasonJ

Android App Version: 2.36.0 (b94)
Firmware Version: 4.36.10.2864
Plugin Version: 2.36.0.35
Log from Camera Submitted: 769403
Log from App under Events: 769405

Ever since loading the latest Firmware on my V3, I seem to be getting a lot of these issues Green circle with a question mark. When I click on the Question Mark, it says Failed to Upload:

Here is the interesting thing to me, this only seems to happen when it is Dark out or during night hours.

4 Likes

SD PLAYBACK

The SD Video Playback, as previously reported in prior versions, is still skipping over the first minute of every hour. This has not been fixed.

EVENT NOTIFICATION

Events with dual tags appear to be notifying properly now when one of the tags has the notification toggle turned off. 4 notifications were received for Person Detection when Person & Vehicle Detection is on and Vehicle Notification is off.

However:

1. Person AI is highly inaccurate
  2. Event Notification is even worse

In a span of 45 minutes with full frame person motion with a stationary vehicle:

• 21 Event Videos Uploaded

• 4 Person Notifications received (total), all for dual tagged events

• 6 Event videos tagged only with Vehicle had clear Person movement that should have been tagged by the AI. None notified as per the settings.

• 15 Dual tagged Person & Vehicle Event Videos - with only 4 Person Notifications

Cam Log 769680
App Log 769684

Ditto, @Slammer99uk! Did exactly that and update went perfectly after. Guess it wasn’t happy with whatever state it got stuck on.

Also, for the Wyze team, regarding my issue where sound detection suddenly comes on, I have filled a log #770119.

Yea, I’m having this green question mark happen across all cams (v2, v3s, both WCO versions) more and more often.

3 Likes

Yea, been monitoring and last night no issue ony V3. I made one change, turned off detection zone. Monitoring it more today.

A side note, when I went in and started to compare the v2p and the V3 settings, I noticed the detection One has 2 columns of black on each side. Almost like the image has shrunk. Are you seeing this?

I’ve been having this same issue a lot, especially after updated to the latest beta firmware. also plenty of disconnection issues and they not very stable anymore in live stream.

On the v3? Nope. You were having this on livestream for the WCO also right? Or was that carver

No, my WCO has been working well. Just the V3

so found an issue with my V3’s this does not happen on the V2’s. If it is in auto and dark enough to be in night mode with the IR lights turned off, If you toggle it from Auto to on, the far, I believe, IR lights turn on on the cam but the app shows that they are off. It was foggy last night so this was easy to see. To get the IR light back off you must toggle them on then back off again.

1 Like