Wyze Cam v3, Pan v2 & v3 Pro Firmware Beta Test 5/17/2023

Wyze Cam v3 Beta:

Version: 4.36.11.4565

What’s New:

• Improved Internet connection
  • Improved the IoT connection success rate
  • Fixed a bug that prevented viewing Playback video
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.

Wyze Pan v2 Beta:

Version: 4.49.11.4565

What’s New:

• Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.49.1.47 or below.

Wyze Cam v3 Pro Beta:

Version: 4.58.11.4565

What’s New:

5 Likes

Just updated my V3Pro’s and V3 Cameras. Used the Batch FW Update process without issues.

will do some testing now.

4 Likes

Updated 5 v3s via bulk update no issues.

5 Likes

17 cams updated in a single click. Looks like they all came thru it without any bumps or bruises.

Will monitor for any presenting with late breaking symptoms.

3 Likes

Successfully updated (individually) all three of my v3 cams to the latest Beta firmware (4.36.11.4565). Can someone please describe the bug that previously prevented viewing Playback video?

4 Likes

Now that I have updated, even though I do not have event recording turned on, when there is motion the light changes from blue to red like event recording was happening before the update. I don’t have event recording turned on nor did I have it turned on before the update, and event recording is still not on, but now the red light comes on making me think either someone is remotely viewing it or it is doing event recording. I have some cameras that I want to have the red light come on when it is being viewed.

I would love to have a setting where the blue light is not on during normal operation, but the red light still comes on when being remotely viewed or even if there was motion, should I so choose. But the blue light staying on all of the time can be annoying.

But the red light coming on even when nothing is being recorded, only saying that there is motion, is also annoying.

I batch-updated 11 V3 cams yesterday with no issues. :+1:t3:

The only thing I’m noticing that is different is the appearance of several Sound events (versus Motion) in my events list. I have not changed any settings. I do have “Record sound” selected on all of my cams, but do not have the option to record sound events toggled on for any of them.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

Firmware update went smoothly, but today I am noticing skipping live streams/connectivity failure on both V3’s and V3 Pro’s. These are spread across multiple access points. Connectivity is within acceptable limits of a smooth 1080p and 2K stream.

V3 Log: 1046612
V3 Pro Log: 1046604

Screenshots from the UniFi network are included in the logs.

3 Likes

Batch updated - No issues. Testing now.

1 Like

Should I be able to see the livestream in Google Home with this firmware? I cannot.

Bulk updated 4 v3s and 1 v3pro. Will update when the finish.

UPDATE

No apparent issues at the moment.

2 Likes

My camera has not updated firmware for months! I try every time. It is on 4.36.10.2864. I even took it down a few times and brought it inside next to the router and it did not update. Also, it has ceased to do time lapse images since about January. THIS is the main reason I bought it. What do you suggest?

That is a fairly recent update, and currently more recent updates are paused due to an issue. Once Wyze fixes and unpauses the update you will be able to update.

This is a beta test thread, if you are wanting to test this update you can enroll in the beta program to receive it.

ok thanks,

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @Defender! :raising_hand_man:

The Google Home live streaming has been problematic for some time. I believe Google is moving toward providing better support for it, but I have been tracking it for some time and even participate in the Google Home App Beta and still have extreme load lag and failures with all my cams, not just those in this firmware release.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @jdbhills! :raising_hand_man:

Since your app is offering an update to the firmware version that the server has on record for the cam, my suspicion would be that it is not getting the connectivity it needs to push the firmware to the cam and it is failing. I would suggest temporarily moving the cam closer to the WiFi router and retrying. You can also try to update the firmware from the Account → Firmware page.

Despite having events off, it is trigger events like crazy. I tried toggling on/off and that didn’t resolve it. Is it intentional that it now records events, or a bug?

This Beta Firmware thread is for Beta Firmware testing on three different cams.

Which Beta Firmware are you testing?

I am able to see the live stream in Google Home for all of my V3 and OG cams. I am not able to see it for my WCO cams, presumably because they connect via the Wyze Base Station.

1 Like

I updated two out of five v3’s. Update went smoothly, haven’t seen any issues so far.