Since you have a thicker skin than I thought, can you please be less cryptic for the love of God! I thought I freaking offended you!
![]()
I just noticed that I have this app version now too. I don’t know when I got it Since I already had the beta and it’s pretty close to the same, but it Auto installed at some point without me noticing. I’d been checking for the update almost everyday and never saw it, but I do actually have it.
In case you want to go back to 2.5 good luck, they’ve been removed from TestFlight. I know you are on Android, but be watchful!
Meh, Android allows side loading apps through mirror sites like apkmirror, so NBD for me on Android. Even if the mirror sites didn’t have them, there are apk rippers that could pull them off my other devices and move it to another. So I rarely worry about it.
Apple will actually probably be forced to allow this soon too. Apparently it’s been ruled as some kind of antitrust violation that they locked everyone into their app store. I’m actually surprised it took this long to hit them with some of these anti trust violations.
I do have an old iPhone, but it drives me crazy, so I only use it when absolutely necessary (help with some iTags; or someone on here with an iPhone needs help or confirmation of a bug. Otherwise, it drives me nuts to be treated like a user (iOS) instead treated of an admin (Android). So I’ll use it if I need to help somebody, but otherwise I typically avoid it. ![]()
No different than how Wyze is treating us ![]()
True to a degree.
Wyze is surprisingly incredibly flexible and open to*allowing" people to do things if they want to figure it out themselves.
Wyze gives us an official API Key specifically so we can continue to do a ton of advanced DIY admin stuff.
For example, I imported most of my stuff into Home Assistant using my API key. I have used Docker Wyze bridge with my key. I intend to use Scrypted. I’ve enjoyed using tiny cam pro over the years (it was one of the main reasons I initially chose Wyze). I know people who get all their Wyze cameras totally integrated into homekit thanks to Wyze treating us as admins instead of users. Then there is the Wyze Python SDK that Wyze allows us to use with our API key.
Even with devices (hardware), they will often allow us access to our functionality with things that they could block. For example, I appreciated that they included and left enabled the USB ports in their video doorbells even though using it invalidates the warranty… They still allow us that option even though they could disable it or remove it.
They’ve discussed this in some AMAs that they try to allow us to use diy stuff as much as possible as long as it doesn’t compromise their security or get abused, etc. So they try to balance it. They’re like between iOS and Android in the sense of user vs Admin.
Today I went into “Devices” tab and turned off all the stars. All camera connections are almost instantaneous, just like it was in the old app. I’ll keep this set up for now, I don’t really need what the new app gives. Now if they can remember which tab was last used …
How about not being able to move the cameras from Unlimited to Lite? I’ve cancelled my Unlimited subscription and still I can’t move my cameras back to Lite or NO SUBSCRIPTION at all. The subscription is still active until the expiration date, and I appreciate that because if they don’t do that they’ll have to refund us the money that we’ve already paid.
However, I don’t give a crap about the refund, all I want is to have my cameras back to what I was promised long time ago, that my Lite subscription would be grandfathered. The way it stands, I don’t see it happening. Mark my word, that when my subscription to Unlimited lapses, I will still be unable to move the cams back to Lite. By then, Wyze will introduce a new loophole to prevent me from either accomplishing the task or complain about it. Very Appleesque, I might say!
Let’s get this conversation go the other way. I was a fan of Wyze and to a degree, still am. I love the form factor of their cameras. ease of mount but not a big fan of the ecosystem limitations that they are imposing.
See. I was a happy camper and a proponent of Wyze cameras (cause that is all I have), but lately that sentiment has faded away. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not going to bash all that is Wyze, cause I’m not a complainer only, I want my Wyze gear to work as it was supposed to. However, Wyze is preventing me from doing that.
So, where is this fiasco that Wyze started is leaving me? Should I support Wyze or just cut me loses and move on to Tapo or Reolink who offer everything that Wyze doesn’t with a slightly higher price?
I’d rather stay with Wyze, but Wyze has to convince me to do that, and do it now, not when my subscription to Cam Unlimited lapses.
That would be great if it worked. Instead I get constantly loading views and some timing out to say “offline” when they aren’t.
I don’t blame you a bit my friend!
FYI, the reason you still can’t switch back to Lite is because technically you didn’t cancel unlimited, you cancelled the auto renewal. Which I know you already realized since you addressed the topic of still having unlimited working.
I talked to other people who were able to switch to CPLite as soon as they actually “cancelled” the unlimited subscription (either let it expire as normal or convinced support to delete it early). As long as you haven’t removed/cancelled Lite, it should be accessible to you again as soon as your unlimited expires. They just don’t allow anybody to sign up for Lite anymore if they don’t already have it. (If you do have any problems with it, make sure to let me know)
I still disagree with Wyze about locking cams onto Unlimited though. I have talked to some employees about reasons why they should change it. I think someone just decided that In this case, they have too much wasted support calls from people calling in, upset that all of their cameras were knocked on the subscription when it says unlimited. Some of them likely demanding for compensation that they were paying for all their cameras to have cam plus and then find out that not all of them were on it. So, forcing everybody to stay on it reduces all of that headache for them by a lot. They certainly have a few people complain that they can’t switch individual cameras from unlimited to lite, but this is an extreme minority by comparison. I’ve been trying to convince them that it is okay if they initially force all cameras on to unlimited when someone first subscribes to it, but they shouldn’t lock them onto it. People should be allowed to switch them off of it if they want. Including for reasons related to bandwidth concerns or data caps, or routers having device limit functionality. But yes, this is definitely one of those cases where they treat us like users instead of admins. And I don’t think they should. This is one of the reasons why I said that they are somewhere between iOS and Android. They do give us a lot more administrative control on a lot of things, but there are other instances where they treat us like you users and don’t give us options like this. That’s what I said at the very end:
Special Forces are recruiting.

You qualify. ![]()
Are you trying to reach your maximum number of replies? You are on fire today ![]()
It’s like a fit you put your wallet in your mouth and ride it out ![]()
They don’t want me, I’m not stable and I don’t take orders anymore.![]()
Wyze App 3.0 on iOS iPad 8th gen. Seven cameras selected on ‘Devices’ list and tapped on the star which added them to the ‘Favorites’ list and shows them on the initial page. EACH camera preview TAKES UP 1/2 the screen. CAN ONLY SEE TWO previews and must continue to SCROLL down to the others. Can the HOME PAGE be arranged in THUMBNAILS or smaller ICONS like prior version 2.50.9??? How are we expected to preview with constant scrolling? As with the prior version, if I wanted to see a bigger image I would just then open the THUMBNAIL. I don’t need all the cameras “LIVE” each time I open the Home page. Please advise. Thank you.
This seems reasonable. I know that the conditions and logic aren’t quite the same, but this could be seen as a parallel to their position on 2FA: Require everyone to use it but then also offer the option to opt out. If Wyze can do that for 2FA, then allowing Cam Unlimited users to opt devices out of the subscription just makes prima facie sense.

