Service Advisory - 1/17/2024

I fear we may be overlooked. Have other V2 cam users regained connectivity?

1 Like

My v2 cams (Cam v2, Cam Outdoor v2 and Pan Cam v2) are back working properly.

1 Like

Eureka! Thank you so much for getting this back up. Good luck to those still waiting. Be confident things will be restored.

2 Likes

The Wyze motto! Wait and hope it all works again!

1 Like

I had 3 that went offline but all came back online. However one shows ā€œofflineā€ but opens up to view live when you click on it. Unfortunately i cant do anything to that camera as its 6 hours away.

1 Like

Hopefully, this one will recover as your others have. We are continuing to watch everything. The one that is not fully recovered, could you let me know what model it is?

1 Like

All my cameras are online now. Only had to power cycle one, because it was still flashing blue.
Thank the Wyze teams for me.

1 Like

Checking to see whatā€™s the eta for resolution of this issue. My camera is still not connected . Tha ks

1 Like

Cameras have been coming back online for the last few hours. What model of camera of is still offline and have you tried anything recently to bring it back online?

Right now all my cameras are working. Thereā€™s still a lot of room for improvement, however solving it in one day was a good result for me. Thanks for the effort !

2 Likes

All of my v3 fixed cameras are back now, the V3 PAN was never affected funny enough. It seems like it was firmware related and other factors affecting just the V3 fixed cameras.

Im glad they resolved the issue in 1 day (less than 24 hours), however im glad I didnt delete my remote cameras for our cottage which isnt close by. A warning message on the app would have been helpful since I thought It was an issue with my own cameras, not a system wide issue.

Maybe in the future add a warning banner in the app to inform users of the outage.

1 Like

I have problem with ios app kept asking me to log in when trying to view events.

Security server issue?

1 Like

It affected almost any camera that rebooted, that is why so many had the issue after doing a firmware update since the device will reboot when it updates.

2 Likes

All my V2 cams came back on last night. This is the first time Iā€™ve had a problem with updates. My first response was to get out the ladder and remove the cams and see if I could get them to come back to life. Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t do that and some kind of response from Wyze would have been helpful but all I heard was crickets. Hopefully Wyze will be more proactive in the future. I am happy with the outcome and believe the Wyze cams are good value.

1 Like

Right now when we become aware of an issue we post it in the 4 main communities (Forum, Facebook Core, Reddit, and Discord) and on the Service Status page. We have tried doing in-app messages for outages which depending on the outage may not work. I am not sure if they have talked about email notices or not but I have let them know that many users have requested that.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a tag-based Service Advisory Email Alert method established a while back:

https://forums.wyze.com/tags/c/news/21/service-advisory

5 Likes

That route completely depends on me getting that advisory posted. I better step up my game, I was a bit late to this one since I was asleep.

6 Likes

How dare you! The audacity! :upside_down_face:

I think this was a fairly minor service advisory compared to other AWS outages that have affected every single device for every single user. This was still important, but not as wide-spread as normal and you got the notice out in the morning still after confirming it wasnā€™t an isolated incident. I think it was reasonable.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Upgrading Cam Pan v1 cams to the latest fw resulted in cameras offline

None of my V2s are coming online after 2 days.

1 Like