Service Advisory - 1/17/2024

1/17/24 1:38 PM PT - Our metrics are showing most devices should be recovered, however, we will continue to keep a close eye on them. We apologize for the issues and thank you for your patience and help. If you continue to experience connectivity difficulty, please reach out to Wyze Customer Support.
12:18 PM PT - Our metrics show that devices are slowly coming back online while we continue to work with one of our partners to find the root cause. Thank you for submitting logs to help us and most of all thank you for your continued patience.
10:47 AM PT - We are continuing to investigate the outage causing live stream and connectivity issues, missing Rules and triggers, and error code 67 for some customers. Due to the connectivity problems, it would be helpful and appreciated if affected customers with microSD cards and ability to read the card on a computer could send us microSD card logs from their affected cameras. We apologize for the trouble and appreciate your patience. Here are the log instructions:

MicroSD Log Collection Instructions

When the device shows offline, please take out the microSD card and wait a second before re-inserting the card (or inserting a new microSD card). The camera will then make two ā€œdingā€ sounds usually within 30 seconds.On your microSD card, there will be a root or log folder with the device log that you can access with a computer. The files are named xxxxx_log.txt. If there are multiple logs, select the most recent log file.

When you have the log, please email it along with a description of the issue and the date, time, and time zone that it occurred to:

microsdcardlogs@wyze.com

8:50 AM PT - We are currently investigating an issue that has caused Live Stream and connection issues. We are sorry for the inconvenience and will update you with more as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

10 Likes

Cameras canā€™t connect after 4.36.11.8391 (January 16, 2024) update.
I chatted with ā€˜supportā€™, went through all the diagnostics, and then they said the engineers are working on it.

1 Like

I am sorry, we are currently looking into this and I will update this thread when I have more information.

3 Likes

I recently updated to the 4.36.11.8391 (January 16, 2024) update, After doing the update I have several cameraā€™s offline in the app. ā€œYour device has lost its connection.ā€
BEFORE I did the updates I made sure I had the app version v2.48.1 (381) installed on my phone.

I tried deleting a camera and set it back up, it went through the process as normal and ā€œSuccessfullyā€ added the camera in the app. The camera still showed a blue blinking light. Eventually the camera said ā€œConnection failed, please re-scanā€

Hereā€™s the odd thing, I went to the my.wyze.com/live website and the cameras that are showing offline in the app are streaming. But drop offline occasionally, then come back, except for the one I just tried to re-connect.

7 Likes

I am having a similar issue. Rebooted my router and power cycled the cameras but I still have a blinking blue light. One camera says device if offline (error code 90). 3 others are saying device lost its connection. This just started today. Did Wyze hose up the firmware update?

4 Likes

At this point it is a problem with a lot of users, but to me itā€™s looking like an App and a Firmware issue. It happens,

My suggestion is to create a support ticket with Wyze, (I know itā€™s a pain in the butt) the more tickets they get the higher priority. Community comments are monitored but itā€™s the flood of tickets in the Help desk queue that gets attention quickly.

There are only so many different variations of hardware and network setups you can test against. Not everyone has the same network configuration.

7 Likes

Same issue after the update, on several cams

4 Likes

Same here, did update and it was never able to maintain network connection after that.

3 Likes

It might be something to do with the app because I loaded the old firmware from Oct last year and it still isnā€™t connecting live with the app.

2 Likes

Same issue with a v3 and pan v2. Iā€™ve tried the following with no luck.

1. Deleting the camera from app and re-setting up.
  2. Manually flashing the newest firmware with SD card.
  3. Downgrading to previous firmware using SD card.

The camera definitely connects to wifi for a brief time, and the snapshot in the app updates, but no matter what I do, I cannot view the live feed. I am on app version iOS 2.48.5(1).

What are our next steps wyze?

4 Likes

The same thing happened to me on all three outdoor v3 cams.
I am not going through the rigamarole to try to correct the bug in the firmware. The problem is in the firmware.
I filled out a support ticket and it went through and will just have to wait for them to fix the bug. Meanwhile no cameras.

1 Like

Weā€™ve tried downgrading to an earlier firmware with no success. Donā€™t bother. Iā€™m waiting to chat with someone now.

3 Likes

AMEN! Create a support ticket! :+1:

1 Like

On another thread the moderator said it is a server issue after restart. Cannot do anything but wait.

3 Likes

Cyber attack? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Thanks for letting us know so I can get on with my life. :laughing:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s the post from the forum mod

6 Likes

Same issue here, almost purchased a new camera because I figured my old v2 had finally died.

2 Likes

Same issue 5 cams off line since update.

3 Likes

I thought I would give Wyze another chance and update the firmware. An hour and a half later another waste of time with a crappy product and company that canā€™t roll out updates properly.

Sure I reset the router, sure I restarted the cameras, of course I unplugged the cameras and plugged them back in.
Yet oddly, they can detect motion and record events but you canā€™t connect to them through the app even after restarting the phone

Who is still employed writing this piece of junk??. I am on my quest to replace all cameras because it is just ridiculous and I rather pay four times as much for peace of mind and less anti-anxiety pills.

Get it together!!!

I may have to do what I did with another company and that is to create a website called. Do not buy Wyze cameras.

After I did this the product improved. Sure sure I got cease and desist letters but the lawyer in my family told me donā€™t worry about it and I didnā€™t and six months later I took the website down.

4 Likes