Service Advisory - 1/17/2024

Same issue here.

Multiple cameras offline. One that got upgraded (non-Pan) somehow works…and through some miracle, it’s the one we rely on most. None of the other upgraded cameras (all Pan) will connect and they’re blinking blue.

Anyway, I’m glad it’s not just me with this issue. I feel a kinship with others in this thread who are also frustrated by what appears to be a widespread issue. Where are you all located? Maybe we should rent a beach house? :wink:

Same problem here. Updated firmware to cameras in two different homes, and now no connection. I can do a restart in app and hear the one camera restarting, but no use. Oddly, I did this mass firmware update, and even a camera without an update can’t connect.

After updating the firmware, a large number of people cannot connect cameras. This is a big incident and requires the CEO to apologize. I’m already considering changing camera brand

Same issue after firmware update yesterday.
Wyze Cam Pan V3 and Wyze Cam V3.
works ok on webview via my Laptop but NOT on iphone app. neither cell or wifi.

Rebooted modem and router… everything else internet is working fine as ever.

Yes, it seems there is always an issue to be resolved. I hate that I just renewed my subscription. Looking at going to Reolink. It’s just too often/many problems with wyze. I’ve put up with this for years now. I’m done.

Shame on me for hoping a firmware upgrade would be tested internally before a production release. Folks these cameras are really cheap, you get what you pay for.

Same issue where all my cams are down after firmware “upgrade”. I contacted support and they said techs are aware of the issue but no ETC on resolving.

Just got off Chat with Their “Wizards” And was told to factory reset my devices which I let them know I’m not going to grab an extension ladder to factory reset and reconnect all of my Cameras for a “Firmware update” Released by Wyze with errors on it. After which they responded that they are aware of the issues and are working on it… Why tell customers to do all of this work if they know it wont fix the issue until a new update is released. I can image the frustration customers would go thru by doing all of that work of resettings to only find out it wont help… Especially if their “Wizards” are already aware of the issue.

Same here. At first I thought it was confined to the previous generation of Pan Cams since I now have two that are unreachable

But after I updated the last of those it did the same with the latest version of the fixed camera

I’m tired of a technology company that knows so little about it’s own tech, so am going to migrate off of Wyze

Same here. I applied the firmware to 4 Wyze Cam v3s and they all lost connections. After that, I tried to factory reset one of them and it always timed out to connect. So frustrating.

Honest question. Do you think there is one guy doing this firmware update and only tests it on one device? I find it mind boggling that this crap happens over and over. My v3 and v2 cameras did the update and both car connect now. Good thing it only updated 2 of 5.

No, I think there is no guy. We are the guy.

V3 now came back online by itself. V2 still blinking blue after today’s update.

Same issues after recent firmware update. V3’s are viewable, but all my V2’s are showing offline in the app but still showing activity on the router.

I don’t like dragging the ladder around so I just tapped don’t ask me again and cancel when the firmware pop up window shows up. :upside_down_face:

One of my cameras cycles out trying to get ‘live view’. The other tells me it is offline when trying ‘live view’. Both are still recording events which can be viewed.

One of my v3 cams is back up and working fine with the app. The one I factory reset cannot be accessed via the app. I can view the live feed online, but I see that keeps reconnecting. The v2 cam still is showing as offline when I try to view it. They’re all recording events though, and I’m able to view those via the app.

Status updated posted: https://support.wyze.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015979872-Service-Status-Known-Issues

I have 3 v3’s just updated firmware
1 works no problems
the 2 others …Web postal live feed works, event recordings work, but on the app I get the “your device has lost connection” message
the 1 that works is at my remote location

edit
now my pan cam v2 live feed is going on and off and no firmware update was applied.