No Person Detection!

I am no longer receiving Person Detection or any of the other “AI” detections for any of my cameras, including ones with Cams Plus on them.

It worked so well in the past, and I’ve been a Beta App tester for ages.

Now, the cameras and services are pointless.

10 Likes

Me too I do not have any person detection at all after outside cameras were updated. Something happened.

3 Likes

Same here

3 Likes

Hopefully enough people comment and vote on this post to get their attention. I’ve sent several logs and requests to be contacted, all to no avail.

4 Likes

I’m telling you these cameras have been having so many problems ever since Wyze decided to make a product for EVERYTHING… Just stick to cameras.

I have eight cameras and not one of them gave me person detection all day while I was at work

11 Likes

To be honest I didn’t even receive ANY motion notifications today. I just cleared the cache, storage, uninstalled reinstalled and NOTHING… not receiving any notifications.

3 Likes

Yeah, same here. But I turned off regular motion notifications because it would send me the trees moving.

This issue has been going on at least a couple of weeks because I have my Amazon Echo programmed to say something when someone is at one of the cameras, and she hasn’t said a word in weeks. Checked notifications in the app, and nothing.

2 Likes

This problem is NOT limited to updated cameras. We have missed MULTIPLE deliveries today (all 4 or 5 if them) and we never update app or firmware.

Person Detection is DOWN.

Not sure how many days it’s been.

(I have a scheduled reboot nightly which has avoided this problem until now.)

3 Likes

Thanks for clarifying this. I wasnt too sure, but I wanted to get a thread opened to spread some light on this. Especially if we are paying money for a service we aren’t receiving.

1 Like

It’s actually still detecting, but not properly labeling or announcing through Alexa. The Person filter works to show only my deliveries / humans but they are still labeled as Motion. My app is very old, but it worked properly until now.

3 Likes

Mine is barely getting normal motion detections. And absolutely no person detections. Whereas before, I got completely accurate detections and a whole bunch of motion detection (that I had notifications turned off for).

4 Likes

@WyzeAndy
@XuLi
@UserCustomerGwen

2 Likes

The only camera that is giving me notifications is my v3

1 Like

Ha! I was supposed to get one of those as a “backer reward” for buying a vacuum, but they ran out.

I just don’t like paying money for a service I’m not receiving.

1 Like

My V3 cam detects motion but doesn’t report as an event. All older cameras work fine

1 Like

mine has been down all day today must have started in the night was getting person detection yesterday but now zero on all 3 of my v2 cams

3 Likes

This is for my Pan and Outdoor. Thanks for adding your comment here.

I hear your pain. Just commented on another post re: Alexa isn’t announcing person detection as usual since yesterday. Now I’ve gone back and viewed my event videos from pizza delivery and 3 cameras did not recognize a person event. Sigh.

3 Likes

Is this their way of forcing us to use Cam Plus?

1 Like

Are they having the same issue?

2 Likes