Person detection overload

I have four v2 cameras, three of which person detection seems to work fine. The fourth creates person detection event reports every minute or two when no person is present.The firmware is up to date and I have restarted the camera. Any ideas?

I have the same issue with 2 of my Wyze cams V2. It’s detecting sunlight changes and constantly notifying me. Both cams are up to date on their firmware and I have turned on Person Detection for those 2 cams.

I really don’t see the need to continue to pay for the Person Detection (which of course was supposed to be free, but that’s a dead horse now), when the feature is not working. Anyone have any possible solution before I cancel that service? I’d prefer to continue to keep the service, if it worked as so many notifications of light or movement from a shadow etc defeat the purpose. Thanks in advance

Person detection is completely broken, cam version 4.10.6.235. Everything is a person now, even light changes.

1 Like

Agreed. Same as I am seeing. I am not sure anyone is watching this thread though.

I must admit I’m having the same issues with person detection. I’ll personally give them some more time to fix things. There’s a lot going on in the world. Hopefully, with a little more time they’ll figure it out :blush:

1 Like

Yes Owl. I agree there too. Just would be nice to see an acknowledgment in the mean time :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve also sent reports, so hopefully they’re aware. This has started recently with one of the updates to the camera, mine used to be flawless. They’ll most likely work things out, but it helps to know we’re not the only ones experiencing this.

I have 4 cameras, 3 of which do fine. If notifications were bullets, the 4th one would have killed me long ago. Spits them out every few minutes.