Five Good Bookmarks

Alright, I went through all 80 of my bookmarks, and while 14 is much more than the requested 5, I’ll share them anyway:

Portable Power

I bookmarked this thread because @SlabSlayer organized a whole bunch of options to consider about portable power. I would eventually like to do portable power for some cams, and I know it will come in hand to share with forums users in the future as people are always looking for these solutions:

I also have several other similar threads bookmarked separately, but that one includes a lot all in one.

Wyze Scale ROCKS!

I bookmarked this thread because I loved the article and wanted to be able to reference it in the future…particularly as justification for why I LOVE the Wyze scale. It really is a pretty amazing Smart scale compared to competition:

Home Assistant stuff:

I bookmarked this post because I want to try all of these:

Free Virtual Triggers:

I bookmarked this post because I LOVE this virtual trigger. I have set it up so that when my wife or daughter leave home or return home or get to certain other common locations, Alexa can trigger my Wyze devices such as Wyze Bulbs or Lightstrips or other things to let me know they arrived safely or are on their way back, or will be walking in the door in just a few seconds. It’s been awesome:

Solutions for Connectivity Issues

I bookmarked this post so when people report having connectivity problems with Wyze devices, when others like me are not having problems, it gives them some things they can look into in order to help improve their experience:

Garage Door Controller Universal Compatibility

I like to share this with people who who think the Wyze Garage Door Opener is incompatible with their Garage Door, because this genius thread helped me be able to get one working on mine even though it is allegedly not compatible. I just had to wire a Remote control instead and now it works GREAT!!!

Selective Dark Mode

I bookmarked this to be able to share with Android users who are desperate for Dark Mode, but don’t want to force darkmode on every single app, just the Wyze app:

Error Codes

This is the most comprehensive list of Error codes anywhere. I refer to it a lot when people ask what an error code means:

Answers about Wyze + Matter

I refer people to this thread a lot when they are asking about Matter. I tell them to read everything Frederik wrote (as he was the employee in charge of getting Wyze into Matter in the first place):

FIX bricked v1 Sensors

How to fix the V1 sensors when they “Brownout” from low battery:

How Wyze used to use TUTK:

SD card Size and format differences

This one isn’t very applicable anymore since Wyze officially supports both exFAT and FAT32 now, but this was a thread I referred to A LOT when people kept asking questions about MicroSD card sizes, etc:

My initial thoughts on Cam Plus Vs SD card differences:

I believe I followed this to set up Home Assistant for the first time:

4 Likes