Wyze Product Error Codes (Table)

List of known Wyze product error codes

Notes:

• Read carefully as there are codes that can be in “positive” and “negative” form.
  • If your error code is not listed, please try to force close the Wyze app and retry as well as power cycling the camera
  • This post will be updated as more codes become known. Reply if there’s any error codes I’ve missed or if you have any questions.
Error code Error message/Description Steps to troubleshoot/possible solutions

Cam/video:

1000 “Unknown error” - There was an error in completing the operation, but it is unknown (commonly seen in relation to Cam Plus issues) Contact Wyze Support for assistance. If the code appears during configuration of Cam Plus services, see this support article.
-90 Device offline or not connected to server See ‘Connectivity’ Troubleshooting
90 “Device is offline” See troubleshooting guide
-42, -19, -33 and -24 Failed to setup connection See ‘Connectivity’ Troubleshooting
10003 Authentication failure Restart camera and Wyze app
-20011 and 20011 Connection timed out See ‘Connectivity’ Troubleshooting
-60 Cannot connect to the server See ‘Connectivity’ Troubleshooting
-41 Network is unreachable See ‘Connectivity’ Troubleshooting
10001.2 Camera is being upgraded Please wait 5 minutes, then try again. If the camera shows a solid blue light but is offline, try power-cycling the camera.
-20010/20010 Invalid session channel Please try forcing close/quitting the Wyze app, then re-open
-20027 Channel is being used by other devices on the network Please try power-cycling the camera. If this does not work, try factory resetting the camera.
-20002 Max number of channels reached Disconnect your smartphone or tablet from your WiFi network and reconnect it. If that doesn’t work, you can try connecting to a different network or switching to mobile data.
10003 Firmware operation failure Please try factory resetting the camera. It this does not work, a manual firmware flash will be needed.
27 “Connection failed” or “please connect your mobile device to a different network and try again” - a client stops connecting to a device by calling IOTC_Connect_Stop() Follow troubleshooting instructions if given in error message. Attempt to reconnect to the camera in the app, or close/quit app, then re-open app and attempt to reconnect to the camera. Submit a log if the issue persists.
0 Connection failed Try your smartphone or tablet from your WiFi network and reconnect it. If that doesn’t work, you can try connecting to a different network or switching to Mobile Data
-50 Connection failed Try your smartphone or tablet from your WiFi network and reconnect it. If that doesn’t work, you can try connecting to a different network or switching to Mobile Data
2 Connection failed Please check your mobile device’s network connection.
20 Connection failed Please try power-cycling the camera.
06 Failed to fetch video from cloud Please try logging out of the Wyze app, then logging back in. Return to your Events, then try to load the video again. Submit a log if the issue persists.
-1004 Failed to update device list Please make sure you are connected to the internet or mobile data. If the issue occurs with internet/mobile data connection, try deleting and reinstalling the Wyze app.
400 Request failed: Bad request Please make sure you are connected to the internet or mobile data.
-1 Failed to update device list Please make sure you are connected to the internet or mobile data. If the issue occurs with internet/mobile data connection, try deleting and reinstalling the Wyze app.
-12, -27, or -48 Error messages vary - your cam can’t successfully stream though the servers can see that it’s there Disconnect your smartphone or tablet from your WiFi network and reconnect it. If that doesn’t work, you can try connecting to a different network or switching to Mobile Data. If the issue persists, try disconnecting devices from your network such as other smart devices, tablets, or computers as this issue can sometimes be caused by an overloaded network.
3044 Requests Too Frequent Please submit a log and Contact Wyze customer support as your IP address may have been blocked(more information here) A possible temporary fix for this issue would be to use your mobile data connection instead.
09 “Video Player Error. Please try again later” - There is an error with the event video player. Please submit a log and Make sure your Wyze app and camera’s firmware is up to date. In addition, try power-cycling the camera. If the issue continues, contact Wyze support
2004 “Unknown. Please try again later” - There is an unknown error with the event video player. Please submit a log and Make sure your Wyze app and camera’s firmware is up to date. If the issue continues, contact Wyze support
3001 “Unknown” (error) - issue retrieving video/playback commonly seen on floodlight cam Attempt to reconnect to the camera in the app and/or close/quit app, then re-open app and attempt to reconnect to the camera. Submit a log if the issue persists

Thermostat:

Wyze logo on thermostat screen The thermostat is stuck displaying the Wyze logo. See troubleshooting guide.
“Network not Good” When trying to connect the thermostat to your network, it gives a “Network not Good” error. See related support article.
“Connecting to the Cloud.” When trying to set up the thermostat, you are unable to move past “Connecting to the Cloud.” See troubleshooting guide.

Air Purifier:

- - - The air purifier shows a “- - -” error on its display. This is most likely caused by the filter cover not being closed properly. Check that the filter cover is installed correctly and is closed.
E2 The air purifier shows a “E2” error on its display. The “E2” error message usually refers to the air purifier’s fan being blocked. Remove the filter, check that nothing is blocking the fan, and reinsert the filter.

App/Website:

403 “403 Forbidden” is displayed when attempting to log in to the Wyze app, services page, shop, or for other authentication with third party services. Reload the webpage and/or app. Ensure your login credentials are correct.
1001 “Failed to update device list” The wyze app is unable to reach the Wyze servers/service in order to update the devices in your wyze app. Force close of the Wyze and reopen. If this doesn’t work, ensure your mobile device is connected to the internet and your Wyze app is up to date.
504 “Failed to update device list” The wyze app is unable to reach the Wyze servers/service in order to update the devices in your wyze app. Force close of the Wyze and reopen. If this doesn’t work, ensure your mobile device is connected to the internet and your Wyze app is up to date.

Note: It is possible errors may also be caused by a server side outage. If the listed troubleshooting steps do not help, check the service status page and Wyze community platforms for any known outages.

39 Likes

Nice- Thanks!!

4 Likes

This post is worthy of a saved bookmark! :+1:

13 Likes

Do you have any solution clues for error code 10?
I have had it for several months at a frequency of 3-4 events (12sec) per day. I still have access to my SD card if I need to see the event so it’s not a big deal. IOs 12.x.x and iOS 14.4.2

Are you still seeing this issue?
What type of camera(s) is this on?
Have you tried closing and reopening the Wyze app?

To me it is an iOS 12 issue. Are you running iOS 12? I’ve reported this as it occurs on a great many of my alerts, but no action to report.

3 Likes

I don’t have seen this issue since 2-3 weeks. It happened on the pans, v2s and v3s.

2 Likes

Any idea about error code -68? I get this code for wyzecam pan and v2 when accessing through Android phone app. Working fine on my iphone where I have the wyze beta app.

2 Likes

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

This morning I saw a -1009 error code while trying, unsuccessfully, to restart my v3 cam. I don’t see that code on the list. When I checked for events (I have two v3 cameras and the other one is working fine), I encountered a -1004 “failed to update device list” message. My final observation is that the activation date listed in Device Information for the dead cam is 12/31/1969. Any recommendations for how to remotely get my dead cam back online?

1 Like

wow 1969

It was a good year – but I didn’t own a Wyze camera then!

Update: Suddenly the live stream on the misbehaving cam started back up without any voodoo on my part. The activation date is back to 06/26/2021.
Another update: I was once again transported back to Dec. 31, 1969. Although I am seeing a feed from the camera, the Notifications toggle keeps turning itself off, which means no events are being logged.
What I hope is the final update: The camera has teleported back to 2021. Streaming is working, Notifications are working, and Events are being posted. I hope this state of affairs is permanent!

2 Likes

@Brlepage

I’m also getting this on my Amazon Fire (2019) running V2.21.12 with one V2 FW 4.9.7,798.
Same cam works with my Android Galaxy’s running 2.23.21.

Got a new one for you: 3044 RequestsTooFrequent aka Rate limit exceeded and IP address banned/suspended (put on probation).

Wyze recently experimented with instituting a new Rate limit per IP address because some Home Assistant connections were polling the service excessively, so those who exceeded the rate limit test were being suspended from the server. Wyze unbanned everyone and gave a bunch of communication on the issue, but if 3044 ever shows up, it would be a good one to add into this Error code list now that we know what it means. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Could we not PIN this thread? Thank you very much for a very helpful info.

Wyze should post a list of error codes with associated actions to take to resolve. This should be a no brainer. I’ve checked exhaustively but have yet to find one.
Anyone able to help me out?

Can you elaborate on what is missing from the original post at the top to know how to improve it?
I’m seeing that it shows the error code and the last column even says “How to resolve” with links to exactly that.
Have you come across an error code not in that list? Is the suggested fix on one of them not working for some reason?

I get a recurring Error 09 which is not on the list. I’ve also seen others list error codes that are missing. I have a Cam V3 and often get this error when attempting to play back a video clip. I’ve tried for several weeks getting the same error, and then mysteriously it begins to play without the error.

Thanks, I’ll see what we can find out and try to get an update on what to do.

1 Like

Missing error code 68 (I get this occasionally when clicking “reconnect” after seeing a -90 error code. I generally get two or three “-90’s”, and then a “68”.

Steve

2 Likes