Five Good Bookmarks

We all have some squirreled away. Share 'em. Here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have 80 bookmarks! :sob: I’ll have to clean them up and get back to you…sounds like too much work right at this exact second to find the needles in my haystack.

4 Likes

Lol, I hear ya!

This was a great idea though!
If you don’t have bookmarks, I guess you could just answer with 5 of your favorite or most memorable comments/posts.

Would be great to hear WHY said post is bookmarked too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also, Peep, you started the thread, where are YOURS?

1 Like

Hear hear!

Holding MINE in abeyance for the moment (haven’t picked them yet.)

I only have 40 or so… :grin:

1 Like

I just cleaned up my Bookmarks this week. Kept this one for future reference on getting rid of green motion detection boxes

2 Likes

I must say I like the green box alright. Did @K6CCC pressure you to turn it off? :wink:

Ok, I’ll start with this one since it’s at the top of my bookmark list as it has a time-based reminder embedded.

Daylight Savings Time Rules

I bookmarked it because I made it clear to myself once so I wouldn’t have to remember - and I don’t, without checking this post. :slight_smile:

/edit

BTW, @QiS in the topic was a Wyze staff member (not noted on their profile at present) so it’s an informed discussion…

Peep raises another question on this topic…How often do you bookmark your OWN comments vs someone else’s :rofl:

3 Likes

I wanted to violate that taboo immediately. :grin:

There is no shame in self-referenciality.

Although, strictly speaking, this isn’t an instance of that.

Still, notwithstanding, et alia…

Carry on. :judge:

2 Likes

No pressure. I had a couple of instances of sketchy people going through my neighborhood. Wanted video and stills without green boxes. I bookmarked the thread for future reference. I might even want to turn them back on at some point.

3 Likes

Alright, I went through all 80 of my bookmarks, and while 14 is much more than the requested 5, I’ll share them anyway:

Portable Power

I bookmarked this thread because @SlabSlayer organized a whole bunch of options to consider about portable power. I would eventually like to do portable power for some cams, and I know it will come in hand to share with forums users in the future as people are always looking for these solutions:

I also have several other similar threads bookmarked separately, but that one includes a lot all in one.

Wyze Scale ROCKS!

I bookmarked this thread because I loved the article and wanted to be able to reference it in the future…particularly as justification for why I LOVE the Wyze scale. It really is a pretty amazing Smart scale compared to competition:

Home Assistant stuff:

I bookmarked this post because I want to try all of these:

Free Virtual Triggers:

I bookmarked this post because I LOVE this virtual trigger. I have set it up so that when my wife or daughter leave home or return home or get to certain other common locations, Alexa can trigger my Wyze devices such as Wyze Bulbs or Lightstrips or other things to let me know they arrived safely or are on their way back, or will be walking in the door in just a few seconds. It’s been awesome:

Solutions for Connectivity Issues

I bookmarked this post so when people report having connectivity problems with Wyze devices, when others like me are not having problems, it gives them some things they can look into in order to help improve their experience:

Garage Door Controller Universal Compatibility

I like to share this with people who who think the Wyze Garage Door Opener is incompatible with their Garage Door, because this genius thread helped me be able to get one working on mine even though it is allegedly not compatible. I just had to wire a Remote control instead and now it works GREAT!!!

Selective Dark Mode

I bookmarked this to be able to share with Android users who are desperate for Dark Mode, but don’t want to force darkmode on every single app, just the Wyze app:

Error Codes

This is the most comprehensive list of Error codes anywhere. I refer to it a lot when people ask what an error code means:

Answers about Wyze + Matter

I refer people to this thread a lot when they are asking about Matter. I tell them to read everything Frederik wrote (as he was the employee in charge of getting Wyze into Matter in the first place):

FIX bricked v1 Sensors

How to fix the V1 sensors when they “Brownout” from low battery:

How Wyze used to use TUTK:

SD card Size and format differences

This one isn’t very applicable anymore since Wyze officially supports both exFAT and FAT32 now, but this was a thread I referred to A LOT when people kept asking questions about MicroSD card sizes, etc:

My initial thoughts on Cam Plus Vs SD card differences:

I believe I followed this to set up Home Assistant for the first time:

4 Likes

Lol, SCORE! :clap:

3 Likes

This comment specifically (from one of the Mavens) because it’s direct, earnest, honest - and QUITE useful to know!

2 Likes

Glad to hear that’s what you were looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you want to follow the Headline format ala @carverofchoice above…

Begin the line with ##(space)

eg

## Portable Power

Portable Power

2 Likes

Here are two more Bookmarks. They are not thread bookmarks, but are Wyze related. Thought this would still be a good place to share.

DownDetector Wyze page
https://downdetector.com/status/wyze/map/

Wyze Service Status Known Issues page

Peepeep, thanks for starting this thread. I have added it to my forum bookmarks.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I use both of those as well. I even have the Downdetector app on my phone so I can check it easily with Wyze saved as a favorite, along with AWS and some other AWS companies so I can see if there is a pattern of AWS connectivity issues that might be indicative of a Wyze outage. :slight_smile: Great suggestion.

2 Likes

Here’s an add-on, Steve! :grin:

Service Advisory Email Notification

1 Like