Update on the V3 camera #1 which seemed to be working after I brought it indoors. I took it outside and it failed to connect! I even deleted it from the app and re-added it. Nada. Fails to connect! Very poor show Wyze! Any new info from your team?
Update on V3 camera #2, the one above the front porch … it is still not connecting. @WyzeJasonJ’s post of the Service Advisory must be the issue… let’s see.
LOL!
I suppose WYZE should not post this because there are not enough people reporting issues to Down Detector?
The last 3 cameras I needed to update (two V3 and one V3 Pro), now show the firmware is up-to-date?
Did they pull the new firmware?
4.58.11.8391 (V3 Pro) and 4.36.11.8391 (V3) ??
how about releasing a firmware that doesnt render devices inoperable. Roll back the above as has rendered my cams inoperable
We paused the firmware, the issue seems to be in the process of the device restarting but since upgrading the firmware will restart the device we paused it until the issue is resolved.
Thanks for the updates Jason.
I have another V3 camera back by power cycling.
They’ll figure it out.
It is a coincidence and not the firmware itself that’s causing the issue.
My cameras are coming back slowly. 6 out of 10 of mine are back.
Same here. About half of my cams are now back online.
Wyze may need to create a process to stagger firmware rollouts (like Google Playstore does apps). Maybe Wyze could place a bunch of different Wyze devices (2 or 3 of each) on the EAST coast somewhere with not-so-fast internet (some devices with weak signals on purpose). Remotely update all those devices, and if they work properly upon restart, then start trickling the firmware updates out to the masses. Firmware testing needs to be more rigorous. The beta program does not seem to be working properly, or they need more people in it.
This seems to be the norm now, instead of the exception, so something needs to be reviewed.
my 2 pan v2 are back up working. many many restarts might have helped. I deleted one of them from the app and had to add it back but it seems to be okay now. hope this holds with no more issues. WEIRD coincidence? or firmware release issue?
Probably just coincidence. Mine are very slowly coming back on their own with no action on my part.
Deleted and added back one v3 still not connecting
The cameras should slowly be coming back on their own.
My last two came back with a restart but I assume they would have on their own eventually.
Only one down now and it’s one that I tried to re-add as new. It had failed so I’ll try it again later.
All 10 of mine have returned finally. Thank you for the action to fix this asap.
Ever since the firmware update I can’t get any of my cams to work with Tinycam. I’ve tried power cycling, removing and re-adding them, restarting my smart TV which the app is on. Nothing seems to work please help.
2 days later, none of my camera’s see the update still (4 v3’s)
They paused the firmware this morning:
Jason also said they’ll unpause the firmware when everything is smooth again:

That could be soon since it looks like everything is back to normal based on downdetector reports:
