Firmware Releases - Released 1/16/2024

Just got a discovery! Since I know you use Wyze Mesh Pro and have no problem streaming tcp. I recently bought a bunch of Wyze Mesh standards. My android TV box was originally connected via ethernet to my main wifi router Synology RT2600ac which is connected to the Wyze Mesh main unit. I disconnected the ethernet from the box and connected it to Wyze Mesh wifi signal. Bingo! TCP streams right away !!

You can try to repeat this using a non-Wyze router.

I believe the most recent security updates of Wyze cams treat Wyze Mesh as safe and others as unsafe when folks using tcp.

Alexey is extremely helpful! He sent me a debug version which works with non-Wyze signal. Just informed him this discovery. He is working to update tcp in playstore.

Thanks folks !!!

Forgot to update yesterday evening… both of the V3 cameras had finally connected! TY. I will wait awhile before upgrading the firmware of the remaining 2 V3 cameras I have outside.

after the recent firmware update, all my cameras are not able to real time stream.

So I updated a few of my V3 to 4.36.11.8391 and they work fine in the wyze app, but not in TinyCam.
I have a few that are still on 4.36.11.7095 and work fine in tinycam. I checked them this morning and it seems that wyze pulled the upgrade as they now show they are up to date.
My V3 Pan cams work fine on both wyze app and tinycam. They are on 4.50.4.7252.
Error I am getting in tinycam is the dreaded “P2P failed to connect (IOTC_ER_FAIL_SETUP_RELAY)”

The TC developer is aware of this issue, so hopefully a fix will be coming soon:
https://www.reddit.com/r/tinycam/comments/198elo9/will_the_soon_to_come_new_wyze_firmware_releases/

Looks like the “new” firmware packages are active again for some cameras?
It just allowed me to update my last two V3 cameras to the new version 4.36.11.8391.
I still have one V3 Pro left to update, but unfortunately it says that 4.58.11.7357 is still the most up-to-date firmware (my other two V3 Pros are at 4.58.11.8391).
The two V3 cameras updated in about 4 minutes, rebooted, and connected back fine.

The v3 firmware is being released again, we are just doing it gradually to make sure devices will reboot and stay online after the update. You should see it show up on all your devices it just won’t all be immediately.

Thanks WyzeJasonJ for all you do!

Tinycam pro will work if you are using Wyze Mesh wifi signal only. Alexey is aware of this and will update Tinycam pro in playstore.

Alexey already sent me an updated TC pro apk which works with non-Wyze wifi signal. He is working to update it in playstore. Again current TC pro will work only if the cams are connected to Wyze Mesh wifi. It won’t work with other routers’ wifi.

After seeing the recent info, I just now proceeded to upgrade the firmware version in my other 2 outside V3 cameras and they cycled without any issues. TY once again.

Tinycam will under the new firmware but only for cams on your local wifi. If off site or trying to view cams at another location, the live view never loads. Tinycam dev is aware of the issue and will be pushing out an updated app.

Have they re-released the firmware for the V3 Pro yet?
I updated all my V3, V2, Panv1, and two V3 Pros, but I have one more left to go.
This one V3 Pro still shows 4.58.11.7357 as current instead of 4.58.11.8391.
Thanks!

@muerte33

I don’ think we have opened that up yet, I will check with the release manager tomorrow to see when they plan to.

Of course Wyze beta tests firmware updates. They test them on us, the losers, I mean users.

Never update firmware until you read these forums for a few days at least.

We do test them with some forum users as well as in other areas. You can find all the beta tests that the forum users helped with at the link below.

Cameras are not showing on TinyCam since Friday (when they prob updated), error is IOTC_ER_FAIL_SETUP_RELAY)

Tried rebooting cams
Tried deleting and adding again
Checked on FireTVstick for update of TinyCam but apparently it’s on the latest 17.0.5

I am not 100% sure but I believe it is a TinyCam issue that Alexey said he was working on. I believe I saw this in a post somewhere, but I cover multiple communities (Forum, Facebook, Reddit, Discord) and I honestly do not recall where I saw it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tinycam/comments/198elo9/will_the_soon_to_come_new_wyze_firmware_releases/?sort=new

This error is specifically related to TUTK and indicates that “there is a failure setting up the relay connection between the device and the server” which is likely related to Wyze doing a lot of security upgrades on the TUTK code recently. Alexey probably just needs to update the changes into TCPro to match.

For what it is worth, this issue isn’t happening to everyone (ie: mine are working fine). CatCat is reporting that TCPro is working fine for anyone who is using Wyze routers, and not for others and that Alexey knows and is working on it.