Thanks guys, I had already shot Alexey an email and after seeing the Reddit thread thanks to @peepeep I also replied on there with my issue.
Hopefully a fix gets released soon. Meanwhile I’m going to look into flashing to the previous version.
Thanks guys, I had already shot Alexey an email and after seeing the Reddit thread thanks to @peepeep I also replied on there with my issue.
Hopefully a fix gets released soon. Meanwhile I’m going to look into flashing to the previous version.
I used to use beta firmware and apps but it seemed Wyze really doesn’t treat it like a beta test. It’s very informal. Usually beta testing involves feedback on specific points not just overall feedback. There is more communication.
There really isn’t much testing. Beta firmware/apps are released but there is little communication with Wyze.
My last V3 Pro left to update got the new 4.58.11.8391 last night.
It updated very quickly (less than 3 minutes) and restarted fine.
The stutter on Cam+ event playback is still there though!
Thanks WyzeJasonJ !!
Read the rest of my comment; they test on the customers, the outraged forum posts are the feedback.
@WyzeJasonJ is the update still paused for v2 cams?
My v3s updated without problems but my v2 cams are still on 4.9.9.2847 and no updates are being offered to me through the app?
Same here.
Good to know it’s not just me.
I’ve tried restarting, physically powering off etc.
I even questioned whether my cams were actually v2 or v1 (rofl)
They are still paused, I have asked for a potential release schedule. As soon as I have that I will let you know when they should come back.
Edit: The v2 will start a gradual release at some point today through the end of the week.
Mine hasn’t worked since the new firmware update. Reinstalled all of the cameras and none of them showed on Tinycam pro on my TV, even deleted the program and added again and still doesn’t work.
I have wyze can v3
Current tcp works only if your cams, phone, tablet, android tv box etc are connected to Wyze mesh wifi signal. Other brands’ wifi won’t work. Alexey is aware of this and is working to release an update in playstore.
Thanks @WyzeJasonJ mine are now offering the updates.
Gonna go 1-by-1 for the first few to check all is ok.
Edit: first camera has updated fine…
Have a total of 8 cams ranging from V2 to V3. All working fine after update but 4 of the cams I also view on the TCP app through a fire stick. All 4 stopped working within TCP after the Wyze update. From what I’m seeing in this thread it seems to be a TCP issue at this point. Can anyone provide an update on the resolution for this?
My understanding is the developer of TCP is aware of the issue and working to resolve it.
Hello Jason, could you help to get an update from Alexey? Last update I know Alexey tried to update but the update was rejected by playstore due to too little code change.
Thanks!
I hope he can get it approved soon. TCMP is a major thing for us and not going to update until this is approved, difficult as we have eery cam awaiting an update. That app is a major part of our wyze experience and a required thing for us.
If anyone has a current update it would be much appreciated. Alexey has not responded to my emails. I have been unable to monitor 4 cameras on a remote property through the TCP app for over a week now. Is anyone are of an alternative app that works on the firestick platform?
Is the firmware for the V3 Pro a slow release? My Pro has .7357 and states it is up to date. I had the 2.48 app and most recently added the 2.49 app.
Since I don’t like ladders I will just wait since the camera is working just fine.
That one was a slow release but should be near 100%. I think you should get it soon.