Glad to hear that! I hope more people find this useful. It was pretty disappointing to see something right out of the box not to pair like that.
Hi Thaylin,
Since all my sensors are new, I never had those issues. I’m not sure how these sensors handle loss of power and what kind of configuration it might lose with it, but resetting the whole thing should be a solution (not the best, but at least one solution).
Have you removed the ‘faulty’ sensor from your previous configuration or it has never connected? It might be a faulty sensor in this case (if it never worked) or it might have been damaged at some point.
Sadly no luck for me. I can press the button on the bridge for like 2 minutes but it still stays blue.
Jelle, try the following steps:
- unplug your camera
- remove the bridge
- reconnect camera to power
- connect the bridge and wait to become blue (no blinking lights)
- try to hold the center Wyze button on the bridge for a while. It shouldn’t take 2 minutes.
And then proceed as on my previous post.
Hope it works.
2 Contacts were new out of the box and 1 was a previously working that I had to replace an empty battery and now cannot connect.
When the battery is inserted, it flashes 3 times quickly every 10 seconds.
I use pin to reset Contact sensor until it flashes slowly 5 times, Bridge is in setup mode with blue light flashing and a couple of minutes it times out and does not connect.
This happens on all 3 Contact sensors, I can remove and add the Motion sensors with no issues.
I am seeing some oddities on the Bridge firmware……
I have 2 Bridges both report to be running “0.0.0.33”
On Bridge(1) I can tun the Bridge Status Light “on” and “off”.
On Bridge(2) I cannot turn the Bridge Status Light “off”, the app the host Cam(v2) indicates the Bridge Status Light is “on” if I try to turn off light then I get a warning saying “the feature is not supported by the current firmware, please upgrade to the latest firmware”, I select “upgrade now” and I get the message the firmware is already current at “0.0.0.33”
I have then factory reset the Cam(v2) and Bridge(2) – It now shows the firmware at 4.9.5.111 and Bridge at “0.0.0.30” and it also reports the Bridge firmware is “up to date” and no option to update and again the Bridge Status Light is “on” if I try to turn off light then I get a warning saying “the feature is not supported by the current firmware, please upgrade to the latest firmware”, I select “upgrade now” and I get the message the firmware is already latest at “0.0.0.30”
Again, I try to pair the Contact sensors, I use pin to reset Contact sensor until flashes slowly 5 times, Bridge is in setup mode with blue light flashing and a couple of minutes it times out and does not connect.
This happens on all 3 Contact sensors, I can remove and add the Motion sensors with no issues.
Lost another door sensor today , can’t connect it to either of my two currently functioning bridges … when will this nightmare ever end ![]()
Had the same thing happened to me I had to have them replace the sensor I think these sensor are garbage if you got the pre Order ones when they got release. they have made them better since then. I have also noticed since I got that one sensor replaced all my sensor are working great and not disconnecting all the time from the base.
I already did, It didnt worked. I contacted support but they only have warrenty in the US and P.R. i live in the netherlands so i quess i just have to wait until a new firmware will fix it.
derencio’s your answer fixed my issue. Using the Bridge Reset Button" Thank you.
My bridge would not conect and after trying all the suggestions on this forum thread, I called customer support. They had me go through all the same steps to no success. They ended up sending me a new bridge and instantly out of the box, my new bridge connected and was able to connect all my sensors. I probably wasted over 4 hours in trying all the various resets and testing the bridge on different cams. If it doesn’t work, I’d suggest calling customer support and they will able to help you out like they did for me.
I have 4 contact sensors go bad so far. Two ran out of battery then when replaced the battery, the LED doesn’t light up, even after holding the reset. Another two, the LED is fine, reset works, but will not pair. Luckily, I had spares. I will ask for a replacement for the broken ones. These are the earliest pre-order. I suspect that if you let the battery die, it corrupts something. Another, I have on my door, I suspect that the open and close from the door, damaged something. I’ve requested a replacement today, waiting to hear back from wyze.
This worked thanks for the HELP.
Sadly Wyze removed the reset button functionality for their latest FW release. After my door sensor battery died I am unable to reconnect it. Other sensors still work fine. Led on sensor blinks 5 times after reset but sadly the pairing process times out. (I removed it from the app and updated all the firmware) Hope this will be resolved soon as I do think it is the firmware of the bridge.
Make sure the Camera with the bridge speaks “ready to connect” before you add the sensor.
If it doesn’t it’s not ready to add the sensor, and you might have to remove the bridge, power down the camera, power up again and reinsert the bridge.
You can try moving the sensor to be added close to the bridge when adding it.
Chas
I have read somewhere on here if contact sensor blinks 5 times it has lost some of the communication settings and will no longer work. Mught contact support about getting a replacement.
It should only blink 3 times when pushing the pin trying to connect. Then single blinks when open or close. Occasional blinks when battery starts getting low.
Motion Sensor Blinking 5 times mentioned here
Dead Battery
Chas
I am at a loss. I have tried three bridges (bought 2, wyze replacement 1) in 4 different cam V2’s, with all the sensors. No go. The sensors won’t learn to the bridge. I have rolled back firmware on the cameras to ones mentioned in this thread. Updated thru the app, and manually. I even uni stalled the apps on both my pixel 4xl and an iPhone 11plus. Everything seems to function except pairing the darn things.
I would also try a different usb cable and a more powerful USB Power Supply.
I’m using a 3A 5v Supply on my bridge camera.
and… just in case, I thought the bridge was getting too hot, so I separated the bridge from the camera with a 7 inch usb jumper. (No need to do this of course, unless the bridge connects in the first place!)
Chas
Thanks Chad for the reply. I did just try with a 2.4A power supply and larger cable. Still no dice. I think at this point I am broken, lol. I will call support and let you guys know what happens.
[Edited] I run hot and cold with regard to the Wyze ecosystem as it relates to security. The cameras (I have a Wyze Cam and a Pan) both work well. It’s the Contact Sensors/Motion Sensors/Bridge part of the equation that can be especially problematic. It seems that disconnections from the Bridge are way more frequent than they should be. And, sometimes deleting a sensor from the app and trying to re-add it is hit or miss proposition. (I still have one Contact Sensor that is unable to be added to either of the Bridges I own.)
Right now, as I edit this post because the first draft was a bit too vitriolic and therefore unfair to the good folks at Wyze, I am dealing with the weirdness of having changed a battery on one of the Contact Sensors. After doing so, the app always showed the incorrect state of the sensor as “Closed.” Yet, I would get a notification when I physically closed the window — even though the app showed the window/sensor as having been closed.
To add insult to injury (I know, that’s a bit dramatic), all Chat Support was able to contribute in the 30 minute chat was “have you tried to delete it from the app and set it up again?” Um no.
Update: In the time it took me to chat with Support and write and rewrite this post, the Contact Sensor sorted itself out and now seems to work normally. (Which is why I decided to rewrite this formally vitriolic post.)
In a nutshell though, here’s my general feeling about Wyze: If you want to buy a cheap toy to play with that generally works but is somewhat idiosyncratic, go ahead and make the purchase. If you want a bonafide home security system, you may want to look elsewhere.