Wyze Sense sensors will not connect to bridge

Hello All,
I tried rebooting cameras via app, different Wyze cams, etc,

  • I realized that there’s a button on the Bridge**.
    I held it down till the lights turned to orange while it was connected to the camera.

  • Then re-tried adding and now things seem to add smoothly to the Bridge.

good luck to all

Hello,

Sorry to say that must have been just a coincidence.

That button does nothing… it was disabled in the latest bridge update. v0.0.0.33

Firmware

0.0.0.33 (July 8, 2019)

  • Added status light control
  • Removed Bridge reset button functionality

Chas

Interesting, ok. thanks.
OK, I suppose the button just changes the color of the light from blue to orange then. haha.
:smiley:

I have one bridge that I bought when they first came out and it has worked flawlessly since day 1. Also purchased a 4-pack or contact sensors, which also work.

Recently purchased another starter kit (shame you cannot buy a bridge alone). I tried the new bridge in all of the 7 V2’s that did not already have the bridge. Nothing would work. The bridge would be recognized by every cam, but no sensors, old or new, could be paired with it.

After online chat, they determined the bridge to be defective and sent another. When it arrived I went through the exact same thing: the bridge was recognized by every cam I placed it in, but no sensors could be paired to it.

After another online support session, they wanted to send me a third bridge. it arrived yesterday. SAME problem!

My old original bridge continues to work perfectly, but 3 new bridges in a row just won’t work.

Yesterday evening I contacted support online again and they processed a refund for the starter kit and shipping. The time I’ve spend has exceeded the value I hoped to get. I’ll just run my old bridge until it dies and be out of the WyzeSense game.

Same. Wyze Sense has major issues and I’ll live with what works for now. Tired of spending time trying to “make” it work.

I read an article, where you can bypass Wyze servers altogether.

You use a raspberry pi mini computer and plug the bridge directly into it.

I have an Raspberry pi3 somewhere that I haven’t used for awhile.
Going to play around with it along with an extra bridge I have, when I find the Raspberry Pi computer.

Chas

Give it a go Chas, but a not of caution. It will likely not work. I was planning on doing the same. I have the bridge linked to my home assistant install. It turns blue, and goes into pairing just like on the cameras. But I still can’t pair any of the sensors. The next two I tried in the cameras first, same thing. Tried it in home assistant. Between the three bridges, 4 cameras, home assistant, and all the sensors. They will not pair. I think they got a bad batch of bridges from the manufacturer, and that’s what they are unknowingly handing out.

I’m having the same issue with both of my V2s and my Starter Kit. The bridge pairs with either camera, but none of the sensors pair with the bridge. Support is sending me a new kit. After reading this, I’m not particularly optimistic.

Good luck.

The one thing they wanted me to do after i received the THIRD unworkable bridge was to unplug my old working bridge and try one of the new ones in that cam. I refused, as I was not willing to break my only working piece in an effort to see why 3 bridges in a row would not see any of 10 sensors while installed in 7 other cameras.

They did not want any of the hardware back. I may attempt it again after a cam or bridge firmware update comes out. A search around the internet shows I’m definitely not alone with this.

All three of my kits came from Wyze. The second was a replacement for the first. I rolled the dice and bought a third, hoping for a new batch. Both were within the last month. All three are useless. Super frustrated after waisting $40. I would they they would test some in the this batch. I think they are bad with so many of use have this issue.

Good observation. The button on my bridges running f/w 0.0.0.33 still does a reset.

Thanks for the heads up… When I find my Pi, I’ll keep those details in mind.

Chas

Really… that’s interesting.

Chas

Just received my Cam v2 and Sense kit in the mail. I was having some difficulty setting it up and stumbled into this chat. I have to say that I’m quite disappointed that it doesn’t appear to work out of the box.

Just trying to make sure that I understand the state of things. New Wyze Sensor Bridges do not seem to be shipping funcional. Is that correct? What is my best course of action to come to any sort of resolution? I want to support Wyze because I think they seem great, but this experience is casting a shadow on my optimism.

Hello,

No… I wouldn’t say out of the box not working… but I would say it’s hit or miss.

Try here to troubleshoot

Troubleshoot bridge connection

Chas

Thank you for your reply.
I followed all of the troubleshooting steps and opened up a chat with the support staff. The representative that helped me was extremely kind and helpful. They are doing the same for me as many others in this thread. They are sending me a new Sense Starter Kit. I am very happy with the support experience I received.

Fingers crossed that the new unit works better than this one!

I wish you the best.

They’ve sent me 3 bridges, which I have tried in 7 cameras (21 combinations). each says the bridge is good and ready to pair, but NO sensor will pair to them, new or old. (The old original bridge continues to function just fine and accepts all sensors old and new.)

Like I said earlier, I gave up and got a refund.

Same here EXCEPT, Wyze plugs will connect EVERY TIME, first try, motion sensors, contact sensors time out EVERY TIME, I now have 12 contact sensors, 2 bridges, 2 motion sensors none of which will connect

The replacement bridge arrived in the mail yesterday. It worked perfectly! It really does seem to be a bit of luck of the draw. When I get some time later I will try to see if there is anything at all differentiating between the first kit and this one. Maybe its just a bad series or something.

The plugs and bulbs are not dependent on the bridge.

Only the motion and contact sensors use the bridge.

Chas