Wyze Sense Contact Sensor Always Open

Pre-order a Wyze Sense Starter Kit. Brand new and out of the box, one of the contact sensors is stuck in the OPEN state. The other contact sensor works fine. I can register the non-working sensor in the app, it just always says OPEN. I’ve swapped batteries and the magnetic contact piece from the working sensor, no difference. I’ve deleted the non-working sensor from the app multiple times, no difference. I even connected the bridge to another camera, no difference.

Anyone know any special tricks to get this non-working contact sensor to work? Or is it genuinely DOA?

3 Likes

I’m having a similar issue. The only difference is that one of my sensors is stuck on CLOSED. I’ve already tried deleting and re-adding multiple times. Not sure if it can be fixed or if it is just no good.

Mine are stuck at closed I. The Home screen but when I go into the sensor itself it is showing the log and the opens and closed in real time but the home screen stays as closed.

My sensor doesn’t even log anything at all. It always shows as closed. Strange, but it can still pair to the bridge at most.

1 Like

I had the same issue when I go little far away from the bridge. Not too far. Just 30 ft away where I have 2 walls in between. Works fine if I come close. May be sense is not powerful enough.

I’m running into the same thing. I’ve tried deleting and resetting up the sensor and power cycling the camera the bridge is attached to, no joy.

2 Likes

Moving the sensor hub to a camera that is closer to the doors I am monitoring solved this issue for me.

The only problem is that I’m testing the open/close functions right next to the Wyzecam bridge before bringing it to any door, and it is not registering any actions. I currently have one door sensor working properly and it is 2 rooms away from the Wyzecam bridge with no issues.

I also tried removing the battery several times and replacing it, but still I’m getting the same results. I’m out of ideas at this point.

1 Like

The location of the sensors relative to the hub is not the issue. The camera, with hub, and both contact sensors (one working and the other not working) are all within 5 feet of one another.

For those of you having the same issue. Notice when you open or close a sensor, the red light blinks once. On my non-working sensor, the light never blinks (except when I press the button to “program” it). I’m guessing this is a hardware issue.

4 Likes

That is exactly what I’m experiencing as well. Same symptoms as yours.

1 Like

Here is the Wyze Sense Troubleshooting Guide

If that doesn’t solve it, keep in mind that this is primarily a user-to-user forum. If you don’t get help here from the community, file a support request including log files. That will ensure that the logs are captured. You might want to submit the ticket right away because there’s somewhat of a backlog. You can always let them know it’s already resolved when they contact you.

1 Like

My sensor always indicates open, even when door is closed. It reliably gives a notification whenever I open the door.

3 Likes

Having the same problem. It shows as open even though I can see the red light on the contact blink when I open/close the door. The app showed as open a few different times when I opened the door but never as closed. I have the open and closed notifications turned on. It is showing offline on the app now but I seem to be having intermittent internet issues today. I set it up a few days ago. Motion sensor works fine. Haven’t tried other contact sensor yet.

Update — without doing anything the sensor now seems to be consistently working correctly.

1 Like

Did you find a solution? I’m having the same problems.

I opened a support ticket with Wyze and after some back and forth, they decided to send me a new sensor. They never told me why it wasn’t working and I didn’t ask.

It appears the best solution is to open a ticket with support. They seem to believe that it is caused by the occasional bad sensor.

Thanks

I don’t think it’s a bad sensor. I’m having the same problem. I bought the starter kit and extra sensors. I’ve tried several thinking it was a bad sensor but they all have the same issue. Once you get the open when closed or closed when open bug, the only way to sometimes get things to work is to start from scratch. Delete cam and all sensors including uninstalling app. Then it works for a day. But if I try to add a new sensor I get 5 red flashes instead of 3 but it works. Then an hour later the bug reappears again. Freaking frustrated!!!

1 Like

do you know if the sensor transmits to the hub or the hub polls the sensors?

“Wireless keyboards and mice use RF links at 27Mhz or 2.4Ghz. Cordless phones use 900Mhz, 2.4Ghz, and now 5.8Ghz. Key fobs, garage door openers, and some home automation systems use 315Mhz or 434Mhz.”