Wyze Cam v3 Pro firmware - Released 11/1/2023

Both my cam pros were not connecting last night. One has come back to life on its own after many power cycles lasting from 1-10 minutes. What is interesting is that cam recorded all night long even though it was “offline” in the app. At times it showed as connected to my router too.

The other one is still dead. But again what is weird is the spotlight still worked all night long (can be seen turning on with another cam) and at times showed as connected to my router, albeit as a wired device and not wireless???

Definitely something with the wifi connection on my cams. Both said they successfully completed update too.

1 Like

Change that! Did a router reboot (again) and now the one that was back up is down again. So odd.

My two month old V3 Pro just became a brick after the “update”. I’ve long pressed in the Setup button to factory reset it, but when attempting to set up again, I keep getting a “Cannot find specific network” message What is the solution to remedy this? While your cameras may indeed a value, it may be at the cost of reliability and stability. Some may be will to pay more for that.

1 Like

@WyzeJasonJ assuming someone has provided the logs today? This wasn’t a race case, effected too many people.

Do we have any options yet?

Feel free to overnight the community a replacement camera as what we have now is a brick.

3 Likes

Have you tried flashing the firmware? I’ve been watching several of the platforms and so far it seems that basically everyone has been able to restore their cameras by at least flashing the firmware even if a factory reset doesn’t restore it. In that case, they’re not actually bricked, but it is certainly a pain to have to troubleshoot the ones that do go offline. But at least they still work after something.

1 Like

I have 3 v3 pro cameras all not working anymore.

2 Likes

We do have some logs that were submitted that we are looking at. I do not have any updates on the status.

I know some people have been able to get theirs back to working after power cycling and some by a firmware flash, but there does not seem to be any certain thing that is working for everyone.

3 Likes

I agree. And for Wyze to force us to do an upgrade on our equipment, which the decision to upgrade or not needs to be OUR decision,jor else we can’t view live streaming is toatily bogus! It’s bad enuf to keep getting pop ups reminding me ther’s an update (yea I KNOW!), but to FORCE it on us!? It killed my wifi connectivinty to my router & I had to down grade. Change this Wyze!

1 Like

Why is Wyze forcing this update on OUR equipment Jason? Inform us of the security issue, but don’t force it on us. I already know this kills my wifi connection w my router as I already had this issue when I updated a new Pan3 cam, & I had to down grade it, then was able to connect to my wifi. Now cuz Wyze made this decision, regarding MY equipment, I am unable to singly live stream any of my Pan3 cameras, as I don’t want to upgrade again & have same wifi issues. Wyze can inform us, but let us decide when to update our equipment.

My camera was “working” after I did update on it, however it wasn’t “connecting” to my wifi anymore. I had to down grade the firmware for it to connect again. Therefore, ya might as well say it’s not working, as what good is a camera when ya can’t live stream it!

I’m going to extrapolate. Use an android phone, get the app “WiFi analyzer “ …. and look at the competition the channel you are broadcasting on has. Your router may be set to “ auto” to select a channel , it might not. In the short term, to investigate, you may wish to switch to a channel with less competition. Let me tell you, this makes a HUGE difference. It’s not marginal.

“Unhiding” my ssid solved my connection issues. I turned it back to hidden. Sure enough, next day, on v3 pro would not connect. I unhid the network again. Restarted the camera. No problems. … I have been having episodic connection issues with the two front “pros” almost daily even before to update . I’d have to close the app and reopen. Fairly frequently. Another issue is all the cameras freezing episodically when motion is detected and the cameras were uploading an event.
I’m curious to monitor if this improves.
Unhiding the network is a new venture only hours old. Everything is running very well. I unhid the network before I updated the v3 pan cams , The updates and reconnect went off without a hitch.

I’m running a 6 AP mesh network. I don’t live in a city, there are no other networks broadcasting across my property, so my network has no competition.

1 Like

The Wyze Cam v3 Pro November 1 2023 update (4.58.11.7214) bricked all my Pro cameras. If you look at the firmware page, you can see that they removed that firmware, but it doesn’t help if your camera already updated and bricked itself.

I have a service ticket open.
I’m pretty sure I just need to manually flash to the previous firmware, but I’m waiting to see what they say.

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved to the correct topic (Wyze Cam v3 Pro firmware).

If they were Wyze Cam v3 Pro yes there was a firmware bug.

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved to the correct topic (Wyze Cam v3 Pro firmware).

how exactly do you flash back to older firmware? wyze gave me instruction but i cannot get this camera to show “purple” light. i held the setup button, plugged in, held it for 3-6 secs but nothing.

What instructions did they give. I flashed a V3 Pro once and followed the directions for the V3 cam but did not rename the file as required for the V3. Did you use an empty 32GB or smaller card to put the old firmware on? I would try the firmware from June of 2023 or earlier.

1 Like

Re: Failed firmware updates

I spent many many hours distilling down the exact solution for unbricking my V3-Pro…

The online docs are somewhat outdated and not concise enough.

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @nathan.e.jeffries! :raising_hand_man:

The last two versions of the V3Pro Firmware are still available for download and Manual Flash reversion.

2 Likes

nathan.e.jeffries doesn’t want to climb up the ladder to flash each cam. I don’t really want to do that either. …anxiously awaiting new firmware. :pensive:

2 Likes