Wyze Cam Pan v3 firmware - Released 4/1/2024

Hi, everyone! Today we are releasing a firmware update that adds support for the Camera as Chime function to Wyze Cam Pan v3.

Read our Release Notes:

2 Likes

What is “Camera as Chime function” ?

You can make the camera ring like it’s a doorbell chime. Maybe for whenever someone presses the doorbell, or as a rule action for any other trigger.

I believe it functions similar to the way the siren works, but not as annoying so people don’t mind using it for the doorbell or other things.

For example the doorbell V2 doesn’t have it’s own chimes, just the mechanical chime it’s wired to. Now it can have unlimited chimes if someone wants. And they can even leave the pan v3 in privacy mode while they’re home and it still works as a chime. Then just have them record out of privacy mode when they leave home and are “armed” on duty. Dual function.

Edit Update: So, it won’t ring while it’s in privacy mode because it acts like the camera is “off”, but you could manually have it point at the wall or down at the base without turning it “off”

1 Like

Chiming in !!

Interesting!

I see the Cam V3 (Beta) has this capability as well as the Cam Pan V3

<edited … Cam V3 beta of chime>

1 Like

Ok, rather than hunting for it!! … :thinking:

… Where is chime setting in the menus for Cam Pan V3???

1 Like

Looks like you have to set it up in the rules
Such as camera A detects motion then, action is set cam pan v3 to ring
Confirmed , I set it up For my backyard camera when it detects motion it rings on cam pan v3,
I set Volume to 100

2 Likes

Yeah, hopefully they add it as a standard feature for all the cams. Kind of makes sense to start with the PanV3 since that one comes with a privacy mode, so people feel better having it indoors to act as a chime.

With the V3 having this [in beta firmware right now], I am sure the V4 will get it soon too. Then hopefully they can expand to some of the others. It will be a REALLY useful feature for people who don’t want to have to add Alexa speakers everywhere for this purpose (which is what I have mostly been using for doorbell chimes up till now).

1 Like

I don’t see this ring Function being available on any v3 cameras, it is on OG

My mistake, I didn’t check, Thanks, I thought I read someone say above that they found it on the V3 too.

1 Like

I didn’t find it in the Cam Pan v3 settings. I found it in the Video Doorbell v2 settings—where it’s possible to select the Cam Pan v3 as an additional chime—but I haven’t yet tested it.

I would not have considered this at all, but your description makes total sense. If the Cam Pan v3 is going to have its eye closed :see_no_evil:, then it’s nice to know that it can still be performing some useful function.

2 Likes

I would like for someone with a Pan V3 to actually test it out and make sure the chime still sounds while it’s in privacy mode just to make sure.

I currently have my Pan V3 lent out to my brother, so I can’t test it at the moment.

If someone tests it in privacy, please let us know if my assumption is accurate or not, inc case I need to edit and correct what I said. I’d appreciate it.

1 Like

This is info that I referenced.

2 Likes

Oh, excellent! Thanks for finding and copying that for us. Looks like it’s in Beta and coming soon for the V3!

2 Likes

oops, sorry, I was searching and saw post. Checking further it appears to be Beta. Cam V3 in Beta on March 20. I put up a link.

1 Like

When you put the pan v3 in privacy mode it shows that the camera has been turned off , Setting off the trigger camera Results in no ring , Taking the pan v3 out of privacy mode results in the v3 pan ringing three times which is the amount of times I activated the trigger camera.
Testing it again the pan v3 in privacy mode with just one activation of the trigger camera the pan v3 in privacy mode no ding dong , when taking a pan v3 out of privacy mode also no ding dong .
So obviously if the camera’s showing that it’s turned off in privacy mode it’s not going to work

1 Like

I have video doorbell pro. My Cam Pan V3 rings when
I setup a rule
when the cam is active … but not when it is in privacy mode.

This is great for us because I have the pan cam in backyard and this let’s us know if someone is at front door when we are in backyard!!

1 Like

One thing to note when trigger camera is triggered the chime on the V3 pan is instant , no lag at all

2 Likes

I checked in rules for my cams & see my OG cams (Beta) have this ring option as well.

1 Like

I am running production app and the ring option is available on the OG camera

1 Like