Wyze Cam OG - Released 1/17/2023

No TelePhoto in Canada?

This announcement went out on January 17th at 9 AM PT. Which announcement are you referring to?

2 Likes

Can I confirm that the stand can be removed? For the original Wyze cameras the stand can be folded/compacted, it helps placing the camera in tight spaces.

Yes, the stand attaches by screwing into the bottom of the camera. It can be removed (or just not attached in the first place).

2 Likes

Please remind folks the OG mount hole is the smaller metric M4 size, not the standard 1/4 inch holes of previous cams. This tiny cost saving of 50 cents ? causes a lot of inconvience for OG owners.

The OG UI is better than V3 Pro since it has jump to SD option while V3 Pro UI does not but just have reminder to subscribe to camplus.

But this M4 mount hole is a big let down👎

V3Pro jump to SD:

I use that but it is inconvenient, The new playback UI is like a mouse scroll wheel which does not start with the latest recording. There is no backward and forward arrows.

I’m doing the best I an with the 3X OG but, WOW, a 7X would be perfect for me to see my gate from the eave of the house. I tried a panel antenna to send WiFi to it and powering a regular Wyze cam V3 from the gate battery but the signal was often compromised. Mounting a 7X OG on the house pointed at the gate would really be terrific. On the other side of the house we’d be able to see the deer down the hill better. Bring it on !!! Thanks, Wyze. You all are an awesome group of innovative entrepreneurs. It is fun to watch your open story of success and growth.

2 Likes

Feel free to go vote on which new lenses you’re most interested in here:

1 Like

… or Wyze can create a modular system where users can swap the lens themselves. Or use an optically zoomable lens.

2 Likes

Thank you, I understand now. The OG and the V3Pro both have functioning SD Card Buttons, but the V3Pro (and also the PanV3) lacks the Next Event and Previous Event navigation buttons.

This would be a great new request for the #wishlist.

1 Like

Thanks! My V3 pro doesn’t have “Jump To SD” or “Playback” when I click the event thumbnails.

1 Like

You are correct. I edited my post because I was using the incorrect terminology. I apologize.

They all have the SD Card button that will bring up the SD Card Footage UI.

But, In addition to the lack of Next Event and Previous Event navigation buttons, the V3Pro and PanV3 also lack the “Jump to SD” button in the Recent Event Viewer UI that redirects the viewer to the specific SD card timestamp for the Recent Event being viewed. On the V3Pro and PanV3, that function is only found when viewing events in the Events tab.

Consistency and standardization in the UI between cams has never been a Wyze strength.

Another great candidate for the #wishlist. Post them up and I will vote for them.

1 Like

saw this camera overseas while back last year when searching with google , thought it was what pro was based on

Care to post a link?!!

Can the back usb port of the wyze floodlight power up an OG camera bundle (OG and telephoto) @WyzeJasonJ

1 Like

I would venture to say yes on the OG bundle…

Wyze has stated that it will power a PanV3. That ships w\ a 2amp power adapter. The dual OG bundle only ships with a 1.5amp power adapter. Based on this, I would say the two OG cams draw less power than a single PanV3.

1 Like

Yes , I forgot where I heard or read this but yes the back usb port could power up 2 OG cameras

If you have the stack kit, you can power up the OG and the telephoto but I can’t seem to find where I read this.

1 Like

Looks like someone beat you to the Wishlist on this “Jump to SD” request.

Here is the link to the Wishlist topic to vote for it:

1 Like

wished I remembered, it was denmark, sweden, finland area due to language used, Remember having to translate to read. With OG officially released, google Search will be populated now and impossible to find.