Wyze App 3.0.5.x

Just noticed I downloaded the latest Wyze 3.o app.

It feels faster?

4 Likes

New production app versions with some bug fixes. Feels a little faster to me too.

Android: 3.0.5.558 (August 21, 2024)

iOS: 3.0.5.9 (August 21, 2024)

2 Likes

Since we have no official 3.0.5 topic in Wyze News, I’m making your post the token 3.0.5 topic.

3 Likes

As noted earlier a new update appeared on Google play yesterday, 8-22. Thinking it was a beta update I installed it. It’s interesting that we’ve been beta testing 3.1.0 b535. The update is not beta and is listed as 3.0.5 558.

This is the best release I have seen to date. It fixes the v4 detection issue and friendly faces. If your cameras are in a group and in the favorites the streaming is very good. If the cameras are not in a group but in favorites the streaming is usable, but not as good as in a group.

Of note to someone at wyze. If cameras are in a group then the cameras red light comes on when the cameras stream is shown on screen.

When the camera is no longer on screen the red light turns blue within seconds.

If the cameras are not in a group then the red light comes on and stays on. I have clicked on accounts, gone to the forums, read some postings and the red lights are still on. The only way to turn off the multiple cameras (8 on my network) is to close the app.

I see two possibilities. Either I have 8 cameras that are streaming non stop for minutes at a time or someone forgot to turn off the red lights.

Anyway, thus is the best release of app ver 3 I have seen. Good job Wyze.

2 Likes

Production 3.0.5 558 or beta 3.1.0 b535?

Production 558. It appeared late 8-21 on Google play

2 Likes

Hopefully those 3.0.5 changes will be merged to the next 3.1 beta or 3.1 RC versions.

1 Like

Hmm interesting, I just looked and saw the beta update to 3.0.5 558 and updated it. Says it was updated on August 20. Very odd numbering convention to go backwards from 3.1 to 3.0.5, but hey :man_shrugging: Wyze has done stranger things. I’ll see if this fixes any of my issues

EDIT: so far the battery icon issue is fixed and the events at the bottom of the live stream of a camera are fixed. I’ll have to wait and see about the other issues I was having with the 8/16 version.

3 Likes

3.0.5 558 is not beta. It is a production release. I installed 3.0.5 558 on one device, still testing 3.1.0 b535 on other devices.

2 Likes

I wondered why I wasn’t seeing an announcement either here or on Discord (I have both platforms set up to alert me). I imagine the Wyze Team has its hands full putting out other :fire::fire:.

2 Likes

Well… I’m enrolled in Android beta program and have had the beta app with updates for months. Why would they push a production version to beta users? Odd. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I don’t know if it was intentional or a manifest file mistake.

1 Like

So far, I’m liking the latest production app update. Typically I’m in the beta program but this production version got pushed to us in the beta program as well. It definitely works better/faster than the most recent release of the beta app.

That said, are there any thoughts on why Wyze has held off on making the entire app themed consistently so that it is either all light or all dark? The schizophrenia is driving me crazy! Especially on the new filter selection page which used to be dark but now is light again.

I’m surprised not to see more commentary about this. It’s pretty harsh to be checking the cameras in my dark bedroom just before I fall asleep to then select the pet filter to see if any critters are in the backyard and be blown out by the light of the screen! :grimacing:

2 Likes

This isn’t official Wyze communication, but beginning with this post and reading onward seems like the best explanation I’ve read (so far) regarding the “dark mode” situation for the Wyze app:

3 Likes

Thanks! I hadn’t seen that and it helps me understand that it’s not a simple thing to do to get to a full dark mode (because of the original underlying design and code). It gives me hope that they are likely working on it and will deliver eventually.

3 Likes

I agree, and if you read @Seapup’s post in the current beta topic, you’ll see that they’re also making color changes to some elements in order to enhance contrast, which is something I sincerely hope they’re taking into consideration globally and not tweaking in piecemeal fashion. Ideally, they’re reworking the codebase so that they can support real theming in a global way going forward, but I don’t have any insight into that, I’m just :crossed_fingers:.

3 Likes

That really is one of the best explanations [If I do say so myself]!

I forgot I wrote that and just reread it :joy: I should probably bookmark my response, because it is a good one to remember to share since this question still comes up occasionally. Though, admittedly, it’s happening less often every time they add more sections to dark mode. I can’t wait until they can finally mark that wish list off as wish granted!

2 Likes

Still has the same bug on v3.0.5.558 for my Floodlight V1 automation rules. It seems to be on Android only.

I guess that’s fair. I think my analogy a few posts farther down is reasonably decent, as well. :grin:

I agree. I just hope that they’re doing it in a sensible, systematic, sustainable, and adaptive way that isn’t going to do things like making iOS users’ experiences with Scales unusable, and I write that as someone who does not use iOS voluntarily.

2 Likes

Indeed.
:+1:

1 Like