Thermostat offline repeatedly

Wyze wants more logs to be able to fix this. If anyone still has this issue, PLEASE submit a log and post the number here, or in that Fix-it-Friday thread and tag WyzeJasonJ please:

I don’t know if this helps with the issue, but since I returned to my summer cottage the Wyze thermostat has remained online. I returned here in mid-May and cycled power to the furnace to get the thermostat back online. It has remained connected since then. The thermostat is mounted in a location that I pass by many times per day. Maybe that motion keeps it active and connected?

Log number 1494093

1 Like

Surprisingly, mine went off several times last night for the first time, but I think it’s because my main router overheated and shut down and it just wouldn’t move to one of the others like all the cameras did.

I’m going to keep an eye on it though.

Mine went offline sometime last night or today for the first time in a while now

@WyzeJasonJ here’s a new log

Looks like it went offline on the 20th sometime. I’m away for a week so I don’t have access to put it back online and submit a log but this is the first time it’s stayed online this long June 14th until July 20th

Log file 1498792

I have been having the same issues as well and my thermostat is the closest in proximity to the router. My cameras are all on line but the thermostat is consistently going offline since I’ve had it and I’m tired of the constant trouble shooting and resetting of my thermostat as well.

1 Like

And the chorus of voices on this thread said:”Amen!”

@WyzeJasonJ here is another log. Was great for a month until around the time of the crowdstrike outage. Now it’s offline after a day or so again. Log file 1505487

1 Like

Log #1506375

@wyzejasonj

Here is another log. Went offline again after a matter of hours. Don’t understand how it lasted a month without going offline and now back to every day again. Log 1506390

@WyzeJasonJ

Logs sent

@WyzeJasonJ

Similar issue the my new pan V3 if that helps. Constantly offline as well but everything else Wyze stays online

1 Like

Same here, I’m on vacation and my thermostat is offline. Again.

It’s not me, it’s Wyze. In the past I had to delete it completely and set it up as new, because Wyze never actually fixes anything.

@WyzeJasonJ

How do we go about getting a refund for this thermostat since it cannot be fixed

@WyzeJasonJ

I have had to delete and re-setup my Thermostat 5 times in the last 3 months. I have sent logs and called in twice. If Wyze can’t fix this they need to refund our Money so we have something for our troubles. I am one frustrated customer!!!

@WyzeJasonJ Ok, I’m REALLY done with this thing and I want my money back. Since my thermostat never works, I bought a pan cam V3 to keep an eye on my ac unit and turned the v2 that I also have there around to look at the rest of the yard. V3 pan won’t stay online at all either (v2 in the same spot is flawless and has never gone offline) Well yesterday morning the v3 pan decided to work and I noticed the fan wasn’t turning on the AC and it was making a horrible noise so I went by the house to turn off the AC because the dumb thermostat doesn’t work…turned it off at the thermostat and called the AC guys. The stupid thermostat turned itself back on and blew up the compressor in my AC unit. I’m sure the is will cost a couple thousand to repair. I JUST WANT MY DAMM MONEY BACK FOR THIS THERMOSTAT SO I CAN BUY SOMETHING THAT WORKS LIKE IT’S SUPPOSED TO!!! So far your sprinkler (that never worked once) destroyed my grass and now your thermostat blew up my AC. I still have about $1000.00 of your equipment to install at this house that’s under construction and losing confidence fast (brand new v3 pan is crap too