Stuck at 3 of 3 Authenticating - Firmware 4.25.1.060

There was a mention today in the Fix-it Friday thread. Unfortunately it is not good news:

My VDBv1 is on .060 as well, but it has not been affected by the 3 of 3 load stall. It is still a mystery as to how\why some units are affected and some are not. My only theory would be some obscure differences in local network settings\architecture or differences in chipsets used between manufacturing lots of the doorbell. I believe the latter is more probable. Regardless, the issue seems to be related to the cam pulling the settings from the server for the Night Vision. This theory is based on the repeated posts that show toggling the NV settings or locking it into NV will allow it to load.

My VDBv1 Detection Zone was affected on the introduction of FW .042 in March. I found that the detection zone does work… it just 45° out of phase with the image. I fixed this by mapping my DZ blocks on paper aligned with the image, then clearing them and reproducing the same block count with the paper rotated 45° counterclockwise. It took a lot of time and physical testing moving around in front of the cam, but I was able to dial it in.

Both of these issues began with release .042 in March… which is very interesting since that release had the following updates:

• Fixed a video rotation issue in Wyze Home Monitoring
  • Fixed a bug that prevented night vision changes

The constant motion event notifications (especially when it is windy) can be fixed: Subscribe to CamPlus, enable AI Event Recording and Notifications, disable Motion Notifications, filter out Motion Events.

1 Like