Service Advisory: Failed Events and Notifications - 7/25/22

7/25/22 10:38 PM PT - We have confirmed our recovery and Events should function normally at this point. If you are having trouble with Events or notifications, please contact Wyze Customer Support.

7/25/22 10:04 PM PT - We are trying a solution and currently expect a quick recovery. We’re going to give a few minutes to see what the impact is before deciding on next steps. Thank you for your patience.

7/25/22 9:40 PM PT - We are working on a throttling issue with the AWS team that is causing failed Event uploading. This will also prevent notifications for Events to be sent out. We apologize and will resolve this as soon as we can.

You can follow our updates here or in our service status page here:

Side note, I’m working on an in-app message for this. That process takes a while so hopefully this will start resolving before I’m ready to send it out. If that’s the case, I won’t send out the message. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

7/25/22 10:04 PM PT - We are trying a solution and currently expect a quick recovery. We’re going to give a few minutes to see what the impact is before deciding on next steps. Thank you for your patience.

9 Likes

Thank you for the well timed updates Gwen . We all appreciate it

6 Likes

7/25/22 10:38 PM PT - We have confirmed our recovery and Events should function normally at this point. If you are having trouble with Events or notifications, please contact Wyze Customer Support.

9 Likes

You’re welcome, @Rulwiz! Thanks for the support! :heart:

7 Likes

AWESOME! :clap::+1:

Not the outage…

The popup announcement! I had already received the email from the post in the forum, but this is an improvement as well! Liking it.

10 Likes

Still no notifications since outage. All settings have not changed since before outage when they were sometimes sending notifications but now nothing.

@rold2ce
I am sorry this is happening to you, I would try contacting support to see if they can help.

Wyze Support

(206) 339-9646
Mon - Fri 4am - 8pm PT
Sat - Sun 8am - 4pm PT

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, SlabSlayer! I appreciate it! :heart:

3 Likes

My detection zone settings are blank once again. This is really getting old! Even tried to connect a new camera but it also won’t connect. Yet all my other cameras are fine.

2 Likes

Now my camera won’t connect to my local network. What Hell Wyze?!

1 Like

Thanks for the updates. I had a few events not upload this past week.

SAME HERE!!! Ive been having extreme problems. 2 cams both go out with those stupid cant find or connect to local network errors. Now the new cam. Worked one day. And nobody wants to say what’s actually going on. All year, no problems. All of a sudden we all have the same issues??? Seriously, wth. Be honest or fix this.

1 Like

2 cameras been offline since the 25th. Traveling so this is when i need them to be working. Can’t use support if i am not there. Frustrating.

1 Like

Re start them via the via app and see if that brings them back. I have found even if they say they are off line you can still re start them via the app.

All my wyze devices that use routines in alexa were working fine before the outage and now they dont work. When I arrive home, it used to run routine to tell my wyze devices and now… nothing. Few times, I would already be home for few hours and then out of no where alexa says the routines. I think the wyze skills app is broken. I can verbal say those commands, but they don’t trigger when I enter my geofence (they always worked before the outage) . Different brands work on my arrive routines, but not wyze devices.

Welcome to the User Community Forum @kfboats!

@BMICH was correct. First try should be the in app restart at the bottom of the settings menu for that cam.

If that fails, you will need to physically power cycle the cams.

Many Wyze users, like me, have installed smart plugs on every cam. I can power cycle the plug from anywhere with internet access which will also power cycle the cam. A real lifesaver when away or for inaccessible cams. Highly recommended.

I use cheap non-Wyze plugs for about $5.

I concur 100% with you, SlabSlayer!

I, too, have every one of my Wyze cams connected to a smart plug (either Gosund or Geekbes brands), the most inexpensive I could find on the web–work great. In addition, when recently scouring the web for more smart plugs, I read that the Wyze plugs are proprietary to Wyze’s software AND DO NOT WORK WITH COMMON APPS SUCH AS SMART LIFE)! Well, since all of my existing smart plugs are controlled with Smart Life, guess which smart plugs I DID NOT PURCHASE!!

I can’t tell you how many times power cycling my Wyze cams remotely has gotten them back online! Knock on wood, no problems with my Wyze system for a few weeks now, but…!!!

I empathize with everyone who currently has problems with Wyze connectivity–BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!! However, my experience has been that if power cycling doesn’t do the trick, I have manually deleted and re-installed a number of devices. In my experience, the system always has recognized that the device previously was on the network and all of the presets and personalizations were intact. So my advice (and educated guess) is if one or more cams are not coming online for any reason, just try to delete and reinstall ONE of them and see how much of a hassle it is to get it back functioning to what it was prior to the problem. You may find that it may only be a slight hassle, if that! Worked for me at least 3 or 4 times! If not, then I believe you REALLY have an issue with Wyze and should keep hammering home your problem to them.

Best of luck! Having been in your shoes in the past, I understand the frustration, believe me. Although I have had issues in the past, as of this writing (and with the same Wyze equipment with previous connection difficulties), re-installing allows me today to report that my 6 Wyzecams, Doorbell Cam and Home Monitoring (using a VPN, to boot!) currently are working flawlessly BOTH on my Android phone AND on my PC (using the Bluestacks Android emulator app)!

I am not familliar with the Tuya SmartLife app. However, since this app is produced by another proprietary IoT products competitor of Wyze, I can understand why there may be some compatibility issues. This may change when the Matter standard emerges.

I have 4 Wyze plugs I use for automation relays between the Wyze App and several home Automation assistants. The plugs are fully compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, and IFTTT.

I chose another brand for my cam smart plugs based on the bulk quantity price and the physical real estate the wart took up at the plug receptical.

I have Alexa power cycle my cam smart plugs on a rolling schedule every night.

That said, I have found, along with other seasoned users in the forum, that most of my cam offline issues were caused by local wifi network connectivity insufficiencies. At their price point, most Wyze IoT is not designed to be “All Terrain Super Utility” devices. They work best on, and prefer, a robust WiFi network topology. After I upgraded my router, all my offline issues stopped. More about that in this thread:

Since upgrading, my only issues have been with firmware and server side feature changes.