Forum Redesign - 8/12/21

Our mods here are the best. They keep this place a good environment with good balance, still allowing people freedom to voice concerns and complaints (respectfully), while not letting things get so out of hand that I just want to leave (as happens in other places. Keep it up mods, and thanks Loki (and others) for looking into other options to continue improving things for the community and such here. It’s appreciated.

4 Likes

@Canvas provided a great way to get to the main forum.

In addition, if you go to the top of the topic you are in and click on the actual Wyze Name:

you should be directed to the main Forum Page as well

1 Like

I would just like to say that in my opinion changing the forum categories was a mistake. I loved seeing people post captures from their cameras, now these post are all grouped together with posts about camera issues.

[Mod Edit]: Your Post was merged for reasons of search clarity.

1 Like

I agree. Even though I am not a particular fan of seeing them, having a dedicated place for customer videos always seemed like one of the few things that DID merit its own forum.

After all, soliciting customer videos of Wyze cameras was part of all the original Wyze advertising.

2 Likes

I also agree. I’m not a big fan of it but , I voiced my opinion about this , that captured on wyze , should be a separate category not videos all scattered in some other section.
After all the reason for the redesign is so that people can find things easier
They say it wasn’t used that much by that many people , but I don’t know what the big deal is to make another section for it, why not ? :neutral_face:

2 Likes

That doesn’t work on the website, it doesn’t take you to the main forum page, it takes you to the main wyze page.
EDIT doesn’t work on phone either

Interesting. What I see is the following:

At the top of he forum topic, if you click on the WYZE header

you will be directed to this location

I am using my Chrome Web Browser on a Chromebook. Is this where you are verifying this? Curious now what you are tapping or clicking on. I would like to correct my post to reflect what is correct.

I also just clicked on Visit Topic in the email which contained your message, scrolled until I saw the WYZE header and tapped on it and ended up at the main Forum Page.

I don’t know what the deal is I’m using a Samsung laptop with Windows 10 in the Chrome browser, that’s strange I don’t know why it would be different for me or you, when I click on that WYZE header it takes me here

does not take me here
https://forums.wyze.com/
but if I click on the word forum it does

1 Like

That is interesting. I will check on other laptops tomorrow. I have a Mac and a W10 setups here. Since there is a difference and clicking on the house image seems to take it there, I would be glad to remove my post. But would like to figure out what the difference is.

Since it is a website, it should take you to the same location.

This is a tad bit confusing.

I will post an update tomorrow on this, but thanks for the clarification on what you were seeing and what you were using.

BTW: I also tested on my Pixel 5 phone with the same results. So maybe it has something to do with Android based products.

I am not worried about you removing your post , I just clicked on it to see if it worked ( tested it several times ) and it doesn’t for me , so I’m wondering why :smiley:

1 Like

I am curious as well.

Will see if it is different on a Mac and a PC tomorrow.

1 Like

@HDRock , I tested on other browser and different computers. All of them set the link to https://forums.wyze.com/ so not sure what the difference is.

1 Like

I will confirm that mine does not link to the forums either.

I clicked on the Wyze logo in the middle of the screen from Chrome Browser on a Windows 10 Laptop and it sent me to the Wyze home page, like the shopping page just like @HDRock linked to. The EXACT same link he posted in Post 73. It simply includes tags on the end of the link that say I came to that home page from the forums.

I don’t know why it would be different for different people though. I don’t doubt that’s what happens for you (I know you are quite competent), I am just wondering how that is possible unless it’s some kind of setting.

1 Like

I see what you are doing now. Do me a favor, scroll up to the 1st post. The WYZE will be the only item on the header and it will show the forums.wyze.com link. I am a visual person so the image triggered what the difference is. :slight_smile:

Makes Sense now

What is interesting is your header is different from mine. I don’t have any of the other menu choices unless I go to Wyze.com. then I click Forums and get into the Forum page and my header changes to what I copied. It also opens in its own tab.

This is my Header while in a message

This is my header at message 1

This is your header

2 Likes

I think we’re getting closer to figuring out the difference. It has something to do with the layout, though I can’t replicate getting your layout even if I scroll to the top and view Post 1. I get the same header I showed above. I still do not see the same type of header you see. I checked on mobile too, and it has the same header I got on my laptop browser and links to the Wyze homepage.

I also tried going directly to the forums by typing forums . wyze . com and tried going to the homepage first and then linking to the forums. It’s all the same header, I can’t replicate your header for some reason.

2 Likes

It may be a profile setting I did. Let me see what I have set and provide a screen shot.

2 Likes

It would have to be the interface settings. Here are mine:

2 Likes

THAT’S IT! I switched to Dark mode and it alters the layout!

3 Likes

This is my settings. My theme is different

1 Like

Detective carverofchoice, way to go. THat is definitely it.

@HDRock , it took @carverofchoice doing his sleuthing around to figure this out.

3 Likes