CURRENT DEBATE:

Solved image :clap:

6 Likes

Bring back  :movie_camera: Captured on Wyze!  :clapper:

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

I agree, makes it easier to organize, I don’t want notifications for random clips (unless they are kitties ofc) but I do want them for support threads.

2 Likes

Yeah!!! I need a place to put all my possum and raccoon videos besides with Pepé Le Pew.

4 Likes

Ye, and the existing “system” seems a failure - perhaps I’m searching wrong since I’m allergic to hashtags, but it looks as if effectively no one has used the “new” way.

1 Like

I guess we are supposed to do it this way :thinking:

2 Likes

Just do what it says at the top of the OP, ya mugs… :wink:

(OP=Original Post)

Umm, except that using “video” as a tag that is supposed to mean somehow “video recordings captured by users” is very, very stupid. No one would use it that way. Few ARE using it that way. I clicked your link. Few of the hits are “captured” videos shared by users.

Also, I read it wrong above and now understand that “captured-by-wyze” is the OLD way. Both suck.

1 Like

I edited the OP for clarity in the interim, maybe it helped. :slight_smile:

And you changed ‘none’ to ‘few’. Which is more accurate. :grin:

Disagree. @IEatBeans & @Antonius are fine fellows.

2 Likes

Was Discover on the home page of the old app a gateway to view/upload videos direct from the app?

Never clicked it.

circa 2019

2 Likes

Personally, I miss the little segment in the app for quick viewing. It was almost like a closed circuit version of YouTube operated by Wyze we could browse on the fly.

Future incarnation could be dubbed “WyzeTube”. And I do claim the rights to this brand name as marca registrada IP. Willing to forego same for a modest settlement… :smile:

3 Likes

It was! I enjoyed a whole lot of stuff there several years back. Curious that it has been replaced with the Monitoring icon. Hopefully they don’t bring “DISCOVER” back as a feed subscription… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Ah, so it sounds like the the app-tube was discrete from the forum’s captured-on-wyze, eh?

All the platforms discrete with respect to user videos uploaded, maybe?

And if this is any indication:

https://www.wyze.com/pages/community

…maybe Facebook Core was the most active video-wyze so app-tube was removed and the others were allowed to ‘wither’ in that respect?

Or ‘users were encouraged to migrate,’ to put it in corp-speak. :slight_smile:

I reckon so on all counts. Morning brain won’t process too deeply… Lol. Also not on Facebook or other social media. I kind of felt like participating in the wyze forums would offer the most access to wyze related things. Guess they’d prefer not to reinvent the wheel.

A long as they don’t start charging us to view our own (or others’) user-submitted content… :smirk_cat:

1 Like

Good campaign @peepeep

Although, there weren’t any contenders that I know of so you seem to have won unanimously.

See peeps, Wyze loves you.

3 Likes

I have a feeling @nixhome2020 is turning his head sideways and giving the hardest glare…

1 Like

Yes, if only Landscape View For Tablets could get the same Fast Track to happiness like Bring back “Captured” did…

Where’s the Equity in it all!

SJ

3 Likes

What’s not to love? :wink:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, some things are easier than others. Over here on the forum side, I was able to push this pretty quickly and it wasn’t a big deal to add the category back (although we have some work to do yet to move the older topics back over). Landscape view is a different animal since full implementation is going to take a major app rewrite.

3 Likes

Of course.

1 Like