Failed to load from local storage

When I go to event viewer and then select SD card, and select an event. I get the error "failed to load from SD card) and I can’t view any video. I do have the toggle set to store to sd card. I formatted the SD card with the camera app.

There is a known bug currently that is affecting a fairly small percentage of users. If you access the uSD card from the SD card button on the camera page, does that work? It should BTW. Only uSD card access from the Events page is not working.

1 Like

I wonder how small that percentage is. I also wonder if or how that might be related to a camera’s Activation Date and its relationship to the timing of changes Wyze has made to the app and their servers over time. I’ve noted in a couple of posts[1][2] that one of my Cam Pan v3s (the one with the older Activation Date) will show me the “Failed to load from local storage.” message momentarily but then begin playback anyway. Wyze has the logs and the bug reports; what they do with that information is a mystery. :man_shrugging:

1. Fix-It Friday - April 2024 ↩︎

2. Fix-It Friday - May 2024 ↩︎

1 Like

Is this measurable somewhere? Curious on facts gathering. I would like access to these stats so I can focus on the big issues.

No, only reports here. Many of the big time users (dozens of cameras) are reporting not seeing this problem on any of their cameras. There is some belief that it only affects certain production batches, but nothing concrete about that one - at least publicly.

2 Likes

Good consensus. You probably see more of the forum than I.

Not from my experience. I have trouble accessing the SD card from Live View. Only no error message. Nothing happens. If I back out and come back in, it may or may not work. Sooner or later backing out and coming back in does work. But no error messages, and probably only on the iOS app?

1 Like

I am receiving the same error on my pan cam v3, using latest beta of the firmware and wyze app on android. It’s been happening for months and I can see the size on the card changes and when I take out the card, I can view them on my laptop. I have swapped cards, put new ones in, changed names, added to a different account and back. Nothing has worked. I have another one and it doesn’t have any problems

Log 1452807

Wondering if you encounter the same issue viewing with you phone connected to your local WiFi. Also… are you running the beta 3.0 app?

I’ve tried to document in some detail elsewhere that I’m seeing this on one of two Cam Pan v3s and also on new Cam v4s. One thing that puzzles me is that the app will play back the event video a second or two after showing the error messages. I say “messages” (plural) because the app shows both a “No video at the selected time.” message over a static image capture in the playback area and an overlay of that same area that quickly appears and says “Failed to load from local storage.” If it’s going to go ahead and show me the video anyway, then as a user I don’t expect these interim messages that indicate an error. Seems like the code is glitchy and doing some unnecessary business during these transactions.

1 Like

Hello, yes I get the same result on my local wifi. I am also using the beta 3.0 app. It was doing the same thing on previous versions as well. My husband has the same problem on his iPhone 14. I don’t know which version he is running or if he is using the beta version, I would have to check that later. This one I purchased and activated on 2/10/2023 and the one that works fine, I purchased and activated on 12/04/2023.

i ve had this problem ever since i bought the pan camera Im thinking I will have to write it off because it no good the way it is, very dissapointed with this camera

I have the same problem on a Wyze Cam v4. But the SD card gives me this error only when I try to view the recording from 3am to 4am, that is, only at specific times.

1 Like

Interesting! I am iOS in ET zone, but don’t see that. Looks like you are Android. What time zone are you in?

PT zone vancouver canada

I bought 6 cam pan v3, only two of them have SD cards installed, and both of them in several events show the message “failed to load from local storage”. I had the cards removed and reinstalled. I tried to format them via the wyze app and i couldn’t. The cards seem to be ok, I analyzed them in my PC with several tools. But the videos were unable to be watched, however i was able to see a thumbnail of every video. In my case 100% of cams loaded with SD cards are having that issue

Are you trying to watch from Events or from “SD Card”?

From SD Card

Are you recording continuously or events only?

I have multiple V3 Pan/Tile cameras keep on getting the same “Failed to load from local storage” when I clicked on SD Card icon then specific event on the time line in the iPhone app… I am also getting “No video at the selected time**” in the app. when I clicked on the green line and/or the hand/sound icon on the timeline when I was trying to view from the SD card.

I have the latest firmware on all three units. One has 128 GB and two have 256GB micro SD cards, and all three were formated to EXFAT32. I have reset the camera multiple times through the app, as well as recycled power many times. All resulted in the same error messages.

I called Wyze Tech support yesterday for the first time to find out why I am not recording anything on one of the cameras though I have the camera event recording setup correctly, I was very disappointed with the tech support girl I spoke with. She pretty much was not paying attention to what I was saying to her. I ended up handing up on her.

Frankly, I have decided when the new Ring Pan/Tile camera goes on sale, I am going to replace all six Wyze camera I have. My experience with the Wyze camera is not the best. Their software is inconsistant.