Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

Been asking for over 2 years.

1 Like

Wyze home monitoring. I love this whole system its amazing. Except for 1 thingā€¦ the siren isnt loud enough. I think you should develop and siren that is loud enough to wake someone up at nightā€¦ most all security systems have a very loud siren. So there are some systems that use zigbee or if there is a way you should make a sensor that can be added to the home security hub that will subsitute or add to the siren. Make it pair like all the other sensors and lrogram it to trigger a loud siren.

1 Like

Welcome to the User Community Forum @tvjeepyj96!

Can you confirm the Firmware Version you have on the Hub right now? There were issues with older firmware versions decreasing the Siren volume but that was fixed in a recent update. I want to be sure you have the most recent Firmware so the Siren is as loud as it can be.

Also, in the Settings :gear: for the Wyze Sense Hub device, make sure your Volume is set for High.

Sound like you accomplished a lot. Now would you PLEASE add a loud siren to your Home Security System.

[Mod Note]: Your post was moved as your subject matter is a departure from the #beta announcement topic. Please avoid diverting a topic by changing it midstream.

5 Likes

Indoor alarm for outdoor cameras

I have 5 Wyze cameras set up and if one of them detects a person at night it will set an alarm off on the others.
I love this feature for scaring off intruders except Iā€™d also like to have an alarm that I can hear inside as well.
Maybe just a little speaker that will sound an alarm in my bedroom when the cameras alarms are set off. I would definitely buy this!

3 Likes

You will be glad to know that this is now in-development. I do not have much to share about it yet but it is happening.

9 Likes

Is this different from the ā€œUniversal Chimeā€ that the VP mentioned in his AMA and from what Gwendolyn mentioned in Fix-it-friday to allow us to add chimes to HMS to have a siren in any room?

Continuing the discussion from Fix-It Friday - 2/18/22:

Regardless, loving the fact that ā€œLoud Sirenā€ and ā€œIntegrated with HMSā€ is officially ā€œin-developmentā€ & I look forward to any info on this as it comes in. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thank you for some positive feedback. Itā€™s reassuring to know that someone is actually listening. Thanyou, Iā€™m Maryannā€™s husband John

2 Likes

Letā€™s hope they get this going quickly. There are so many other ways to make this a world class system. Glass break sensors, smoke, CO2 sensors, outdoor temp sensors, refrigerator/freezer sensors, medical alert type service. This is a good start but hopefully they will keep developing for our HMS.

1 Like

I do not have a timeline I can share yet but you are correct there are many ways we can make HMS better and we are aiming for that. This was one of the items that was heavily asked for so we started with it.

7 Likes

Dave,
Thatā€™s an Awesome idea!!!

I followed your instructions and it works great for me!

I have a Wyze plug named ā€œMain Sirenā€ plugged into an outlet but set to Off. I have another one named "Sirenā€, plugged into ā€œMain Sirenā€ but set to "Onā€.

I have a 3rd party siren (purchased from Amazon) plugged into ā€œSirenā€. The siren is in the middle of the house, where it will awaken everyone in the house, even if their bedroom doors are closed, which is typical.

Hereā€™s how it works: When I Arm the Wyze monitoring system at bedtime, I separately turn On ā€œMain Sirenā€ within the app. After about 30 seconds, the Offline icon for ā€œSirenā€ turns to ā€œOffā€.

I then set up some rules for each of my sensors so that when a sensor is ā€œtriggeredā€ it turns on the ā€œSirenā€ Wyze plug, thus supplying power to the Very Loud siren from Amazon.

I also set up some rules so when ā€œSirenā€ turns On, it turns on all of the lights in my house that have Wyze Switches, as well as, all of my outside Soffit lights.

Boy, does it work, as I accidentally left our front door bolt unlocked one night, and the door knob little bolt must not have been fully inserted. A huge gust of wind blew it open in the middle of the night. :man_facepalming:

We were awakened by the Wyze siren in our bedroom and the Amazon siren blaring with all of the lights in the house on. :flushed:

The only issue is remembering to turn ā€œMain Sirenā€ on and off when I arm/disarm the Wyze HMS. I hope my interpretation of Daveā€™s Awesome idea is clear and helpful for anyone interested in this solution until Wyze gets its act together an at least links their HMS to their chime or comes up with another solution.

Thanks!!! Lee

1 Like

I canā€™t find a siren that turns on as soon as itā€™s given power. Everything Iā€™ve seen has to be triggered. What siren did you get?

1 Like

I use this , wired to this , plugged into a Wyze Plug.

2 Likes

Additional Security Alarm Speaker

The volume of the hub for the security alarm is not loud enough to reach all parts of the house. I wish there was a way to attach a speaker (Wyze or other) to the system to create a loud enough alarm to wake us and to scare off intruders.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Wyze User Community Forum @ivectoru!

Itā€™s a bit of a workaround, but it works. I was able to do it from following the ideas @dasnider provided above. :point_up:

I have one outdoor siren in my attic gable vent and one indoor siren inside powered by power adapters and plugged into Wyze Plugs for activation by Sensor Trigger Rules. The indoor siren is also connected to a second plug on its 2nd siren tone for my leak detectors.

Couldnā€™t agree more. Iā€™ve been asking Wyze for this for some time now, Someone indicated that Wyze was actually working on one. Havenā€™t heard any update on this. Would be a nice Christmas present though. John D.

I still do not understand why you canā€™t pair another hub.

Please clarify what you mean by ā€œpair another hubā€. For what purpose?

You can install and utilize as many hubs as you like. You can only have one with HMS though.

3 Likes

I am aware of that and that is the problem. If you have a large house, the hub is too far away to hear. I do not understand why another hub cannot be slaved to the first. connecting it like a keypad or any other sensor.

1 Like

I understand now. Thanks for clarifying!

Yes, I have seen remote speakers or chimes requested because of this in the past. Sattelite hubs would also solve that problem. :+1: