Add a loud Siren (also integrated with HMS)

I noticed on the new Wyze app in the monitoring section, if you go to tune settings

there is a new setting. It is “SOUND OUTPUT DEVICE”. Right now the hub is the only thing that could be selected.

It appears to be a percussor for something. Can only hope…

The sound output device listing has been there for some time now. Found this uploaded screenshot from over a year ago.

But, this has been discussed before and it was noted in one of the AMA’s I believe that Wyze was working on some sort of external sound output device or chime to use with the hub. Haven’t read anything about that in a while though.

Opps. Guess I haven’t looked at that page in awhile.

1 Like

Sounds like Wyze is making progress. We can always hope.

That setting has been there for quite some time. Nothing new.

Agree – separate chime that would pair / repeat the wyze sense hub audibles

2 Likes

Well my alarm went off last night. The wife set it off. I was totally unaware. I cannot hear it upstairs. This is Wyze being lazy and stupid. If it was a real break in, I will become part owner of Wyze.

Wyze has been promising a solution to this for a long time with some type of universal chime device. It is frustrating they have not addressed this issue. A simple addition of a rule to set off the siren in the cams could be an easy solution.

1 Like

Welcome to the club, MtnMan. I have an external siren I rigged up and the only thing missing is a simple rule set that sets and triggers it based on alarm state. They seem to spend more time working on perfecting the scale instead of adding a feature that can actually save a life.

1 Like

Is anyone at Wyze listening??

1 Like

Two plus years on this and they just keep rolling out cameras.

1 Like

I have a wyze sense hub v2.5 for my home monitoring security system. The base station is located on the main floor. When an alarm is triggered i cannot hear the alarm siren from my basement (below the main floor) or from upstairs (above the main floor). I have multiple instances where the alarm was triggered (while upstairs or in the basement) and i didnt know it until the noonlight called. It would be nice to have an extender that plugs into the wall and connects to the existing base station hub via wifi and relays the sound for the alarm in that location. This will enable customers to hear the alarm on multiple floors. Thx and looking forward to purchasing this product.

4 Likes

I truly wish Wyze would put a high priority on a loud siren. I feel it’s a very important safety feature. Thanks for bringing the need for a siren on to the forum. I’ve been requesting this for almost 1 year.

3 Likes

You are most welcome Mary Ann! It’s extremely frustrating that I can’t hear it upstairs or downstairs. It has happened multiple times and the time i was home but didnt have my phone on me the police were called. So this is sorely needed.

2 Likes

And it would be a source of Revenue for Wyze – they could sell these “linked” devices… I would purchase a couple to extend the siren

3 Likes

That’s exactly my thought as well. I would purchase at least a couple of these if not more. Increasing the siren sound is ok but the ability to broadcast the siren via a linked device is even better in my opinion.

2 Likes

I still don’t see the problem with linking hubs.

1 Like

They just need to add a rule in the hub to be able to use the wyze plug and issue fix. I dont understand why they havent done so. It so simple and anyone can then purchase any siren that they like. More than a year of this nonsense and they cant do nothing with something that they already market as the wyze plug. Making a new device to link, it just will take them even longer to make a solution and it may not even work with our actual hubs. Another version will come first before they do something with us that supported it them from the beginning

Add a real siren to the Home Monitoring System

The HMS need a loud siren added to alert in house owners and scare off the intruder. The current “alarm” sound is anemic at best. With my old system, if an alarm was activated even my neighbors could hear it.
If Wyze doesn’t want to develop an alarm horn then how about some type of signal activation so a 3rd party siren can be added.

1 Like

Do you know if a wyze indoor Camera Siren can be paired with the home security system when you’re away and the system is armed??? The Siren on the Camera is loud. Thank you

2 Likes