- Will the new sensors actually show the exact time open and closed? (the V1’s only show HH:MM opened and then a rounded time open (so it if was open for 1hr 25 min it will round off and say 1 hour, so you never know exactly when it actually closed, or if open for many hours, it will round off at 1 day and you then have no idea what time it closed) which makes it hard to find that time on video).
Yes, the new sensors will show this in the Monitoring tab.
- Are V1 sensors compatible with the new hub or not? The AMA said they were, and the HMS page originally said they were, but the FAQ’s say they are not. Does this just mean V1’s will connect to the hub, but can’t count as an HMS device in the monitoring tab?
The v1 sensors are compatible with the standalone hub but NOT with the monitoring service.
- Can we run on “Test Mode” indefinitely to have everything work as normal except for alerting Noonlight for everything? Then if something does happen, the Alerts/Alarms still happen and inform us, then if it is important we can manually hit the emergency button to call dispatch? (Then we never have to worry about false alarm fees).
Technically, yes! And I enjoyed the face of the person I asked this question.
- Will the Hub eventually be able to store Camera footage? Also how much memory can the hub support (is it an SD card, built in, or external capable)?
(The FAQ “Will the Hub have backup storage for camera feeds, events, and logs?” only said “we plan to support backup storage for sensor events and logs in the future.” but it did not actually answer yes or no if Camera footage was possibly going to be able to be stored eventually)
No, the Hub will not be able to do that.
- What exactly does “role-based sharing” mean? It says you will support this in the future.
It’s sharing between family members and such. It’s the ability to set individual codes.
- FAQ’s say HMS will still work locally if power goes out. Is that JUST for logging the sensors, or will the alarm/siren still work too? Will you be adding support for anything else to be able to work with the hub locally in the future?
The local siren will also work. I can’t promise the ability for other things to work locally with the hub later.
- For everyone else: When will the V2 sensors be available to non-HMS subscribed customers now that you are not selling V1 sensors anymore (some people need more of these, but you aren’t selling any)?
The v2 sensors will be available later but I don’t have an ETA for that yet.
- Can we have multiple hubs running simultaneously (ie: one upstairs and downstairs, or back and front)?
No, you cannot use multiple Hubs in one location at this time.
- Can we have multiple keypads (front entrance, back entrance, garage entrance)? (EDIT: YES, answered by availability to order them)
Yes, you can have multiple keypads.
- Will the HMS keypad and/or Wyze Lock Keypad eventually be able to work with the other system (HMS keypads open the lock, or lock keypad disarm the HMS)?
Not at this time but I shared it with the team!
- Are any of the V2 sensors water resisttant for monitoring around the outside of the house? Do they have an IPxx rating?
No, these are intended for indoor use only.
- Can the keypad be used as a motion sensor since it has the capability (FAQ says it will light up and prompt for input when it senses motion)?
No, that’s just for convenience. There’s a hardware limitation there.