Wyze V3 Cams stopped working on all my Amazon devices using Skill

Same here,noticed yesterday all 8 v3 cams work fine on google home but not on anything alexa enabled

Thanks for sending me the direct link. I disabled my wyze skill.
Then I enabled the Wyze skill again, had high hopes that this would fix it.
Unfortunately, this did NOT solve the Amazon to Wyze Still problem.
There is some INCOMPATIBLITY problem between the Wyze cam V3 and the Amazon Skill.
This would be solved if Amazon would allow the Wyze App to be downloaded to the Amazon devices. But it does NOT.

Thanks for your suggestion. I wish it would have worked.

This is a known issue. I was having a problem with this on some of my V3’s until I loaded this new beta firmware that was just pushed to Beta last week:

It should hopefully be released to everyone soon if the beta testing goes well. If you don’t want to wait for it, you can enroll in beta and load the latest update and it should be resolved now. It is working for me again with this update.

1 Like

If only Wyze/Amazon would be upfront about issues
:sigh: We wouldn’t waste days trying to self-fix stuff.
amz

From Amazon Customer support chat AFTER uninstalling and reinstalling and numerous empty steps.;

4 Likes

Running current v3 beta fw and beta app…Still not working

Yes, the beta was supposed to fix it and it didn’t, we are still looking into this currently.

1 Like

Oh weird, this firmware fixed it for the V3 in my Baby’s room (it wasn’t working until I loaded this firmware and now I can stream that camera again). I guess it didn’t fix it for all the cameras reliably.

2 Likes

I hope the people on the phones are updated on both sides now. Would of saved alot of my time and others if they were aware.

1 Like

None of my V3 cams are working, but my Wyze Cam OG streams just fine.

1 Like

Looks like along with the beta issue there is a larger Alexa issue happening right now and we are looking into it.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Me too, my wyze v3 is also unable to connect to Alexa for live view for past few days. It worked perfectly fine before that. Alexa says it’s unable to connect to the camera. I’ve unplugged the camera, disabled alexa wyze skills, and re-enabled it, I tried everything, but still no luck, but my wyze cam pan v3 works on Alexa live view.

My Wyze v3 cameras are also not working with Alexa. I tried everything you tried as well and didn’t have any luck either.

One solution to this problem is to use the App TinyCam on Fire Tablets of Generation 9. It works without any problems.
And does NOT use the Amazon Wyze Skill.
Please DO NOT introduce any problems with the way Wyze cam V3 and TinyCam work so well with Fire Tablets Gen. 9. You need the displays to work in order to sell your cameras.
Wyze makes and sells only one half of the Camera/Display combination. To keep Wyze customers happy you need to make sure your camera works with other companys’ displays. The hardware and software interface between two devices should almost NEVER be changed, especially between two devices made by different companies. A company can change things inside their own device, but should almost NEVER change the hardware and software interface between devices. I’ve learned this over many years of experience designing and leading computer system engineering projects.

Happened to me too! Go into your Alexa App and click on any camera (I used my phone to do this) and it some how connects it. Good Luck

I just updated Amazon Alexa on my phone right now, Wyze cam V3 now is working with Amazon Alexa live stream view. I think they fixed the issue

1 Like
3 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS to Wyze and Amazon for fixing this problem.
My Wyze cameras V3 are now working on all my Amazon devices.
Thanks for a quick solution to this problem.

Thanks to all who replied to my original post.

5 Likes

My Cams are also now working on Echo show/s again.

2 Likes

Down again but bulletins are up stating they are still working on a full recovery and will keep us posted.