Wyze V3 Cams stopped working on all my Amazon devices using Skill

My Wyze V3 cams have worked on my ALL Amazon devices, Tablets, Shows, Fire Sticks for several years using the Wyze Camera Skill.
Yesterday they ALL STOPPED working on ALL of my Amazon devices using the Wyze camera skill.
They still work just fine on my Amazon tablets using TinyCam app.
I have changed NOTHING.
The Wyze cams still work on my iPhone, iMac, and my iPad using the Wyze App.
Something has happened to the Wyze Skill on Amazon.
Can anyone help me with get the cams back using the Wyze Skill on Amazon devices?
Thank you

1 Like

Me too. V3 stopped working. My V2 and Pancam 3 still work but not my V3 camera’s

This seems to be a recurring problem. Some times you can fix it by un-linking and re-linking the Wyze skill in the Amazon app.

I have not been able to do that. When I search for wyze skills on my iPhone, I get a long list but no way to enable it. If I ask Alexa to enable the wyze skills she says ok enabling the wyze vacuum skill. Apparently that is the only wyze skill she can find.
Please explain how I can disable and re-enable the wyze camera skill.
I have done this in the past but am no longer able to do it.
Thank you

In the Alexa app, go to skills, smart home, and search for Wyze Skill. I was able to find it quickly. The app has changed. Before you were able to go to My Skills and find it.

Just found that on the opening page for Skills if you scroll to the bottom it lists a link for Your Skills.

Me too video feeds on all Echo 8s all stopped working. My V2 cams still work but not my V3 camera’s.

Contacted wyze chat and got the generic reset this, reboot that, bla bl bla,
Everything has been reset, rebooted re-enabled diabled etc.

Jim

1 Like

Did you try disabling and re-enabling the Wyze skill in Alexa?

I have not been able to do that. When I search for wyze skills on my iPhone, I get a long list but no way to enable it. If I ask Alexa to enable the wyze skills she says ok enabling the wyze vacuum skill. Apparently that is the only wyze skill she can find.
Please explain how I can disable and re-enable the wyze camera skill.
I have done this in the past but am no longer able to do it.
Thank you

Did you follow my directions in the previous post?

Same here,noticed yesterday all 8 v3 cams work fine on google home but not on anything alexa enabled

Thanks for sending me the direct link. I disabled my wyze skill.
Then I enabled the Wyze skill again, had high hopes that this would fix it.
Unfortunately, this did NOT solve the Amazon to Wyze Still problem.
There is some INCOMPATIBLITY problem between the Wyze cam V3 and the Amazon Skill.
This would be solved if Amazon would allow the Wyze App to be downloaded to the Amazon devices. But it does NOT.

Thanks for your suggestion. I wish it would have worked.

This is a known issue. I was having a problem with this on some of my V3’s until I loaded this new beta firmware that was just pushed to Beta last week:

It should hopefully be released to everyone soon if the beta testing goes well. If you don’t want to wait for it, you can enroll in beta and load the latest update and it should be resolved now. It is working for me again with this update.

1 Like

If only Wyze/Amazon would be upfront about issues
:sigh: We wouldn’t waste days trying to self-fix stuff.
amz

From Amazon Customer support chat AFTER uninstalling and reinstalling and numerous empty steps.;

4 Likes

Running current v3 beta fw and beta app…Still not working

Yes, the beta was supposed to fix it and it didn’t, we are still looking into this currently.

1 Like

Oh weird, this firmware fixed it for the V3 in my Baby’s room (it wasn’t working until I loaded this firmware and now I can stream that camera again). I guess it didn’t fix it for all the cameras reliably.

2 Likes

I hope the people on the phones are updated on both sides now. Would of saved alot of my time and others if they were aware.

1 Like

None of my V3 cams are working, but my Wyze Cam OG streams just fine.

1 Like

Looks like along with the beta issue there is a larger Alexa issue happening right now and we are looking into it.

3 Likes