Wyze Cam v3 Pro, v3, and Pan v2 Beta Test - 4/13/2023

Wyze Cam Pan v2 Beta
Version: 4.49.11.4293
What’s New:

• Improved the Event Video replay success rate
  • Improved Internet connection for difficult network environments
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Alexa and Google Home streaming
  • Fixed a bug that caused Wyze Cam Pan v2 to record motion Event Videos while rotating
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.49.1.47 or below.

Wyze Cam v3 Beta
Version: 4.36.11.4293
What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that prevented Alexa and Google Home streaming
  • Fixed a bug that decreased sound quality
  • Fixed a bug that caused motion and sound detection to be too sensitive
  • Due to the security improvement on this firmware, you will need to go through the factory reset process for your camera if you go back to firmware 4.36.9.139 or below.

Wyze Cam v3 Pro Beta
Version: 4.58.11.4293
What’s New:

• Fixed a bug that caused the spotlight to always stay on
13 Likes

You wouldn’t have happened to have gotten any explanation on what the difficult environments definition is would you? Instantly what comes to mind is hike congestion areas. But I would be interested to know how they combatted that if it was indeed that :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Loading the Beta updates as we speak. Will report my findings when done.

EDIT

All installations were successful. Streaming to Google Nest works as advertised. I did restart all of the cameras, habit I picked up when I had router problems. :slight_smile:

But so far, all looks good.

3 Likes

V3 and V3 Pro failed to connect to wireless router in WPA2+WPA3 mode. The cameras came back online after forcing the router to WPA2 only.

Other than that, all of cameras updated successfully to the latest beta firmware.

3 Likes

Updated the one v3 that refused to stream on Google Nest or on Alexa (7 others had no problems). Still unable to stream.

Are you getting any errors?

I would try restarting the camera, if you can. I reset mine as it is more of a habit now.

You may also want to reload the Alexa Skill and restart the Google Nest.

Do you have Google Home on your Phone? if so, see if you can stream it there

Tried all of those. No errors. Alexa continues to say “Live view unavailable in Alexa App” and Google Nest shows black screen with Wyze logo.

@WyzeJasonJ

It appears that some are still having Google Nest and Alexa Streaming Issues. Here is a link to a Discord Member

I asked if they could provide a log and post it here.

1 Like

Updated 17 cams to 4.36.11.4293 and 4.58.11.4293 via one click bulk update from previous Beta versions. All took the update and recovered without incident. Will test and monitor after first scheduled power cycle overnight.

2 Likes

Updated all v3. They continue to only show on Google nest for less than two minutes. Then it gets “ Camera feed not available.
v3 does not work on Google Home. Connecting>Camera unavailable (can’t reach camera)
I have unplugged both v3 and google nest for over 1 minute. Had Google nest and assistant look for devices, said devices linked.
Still no luck.
Pan cam works fine in google nest.

Log# 1005025

3 Likes

@WyzeJasonJ

I am experiencing the Streaming Issue with the Google Nest as well.

I just streamed my Patio Cam to see if it would happen again, and it did. However, after 29 seconds or so, the screen stops streaming.

I submitted a log for the Camera I was streaming: 1005062

Here is the Video of what happens, you will need to watch, but it happens in less than 29 Seconds:

4 Likes

I am seeing the same thing with the V3. In a series of different streaming tests the camera will connect for a couple of seconds then show the same feed not available message. Other times it will work up to a minute but ultimately show the feed not available screen

1 Like

I am using the Google Home Android Beta Public Preview App and getting the same time out stream drop on my V3 cams.

1 Like

Yea, yesterday It streamed for longer than a minute, so I thought it was ok.

2 Likes

We are currently looking into the streaming issues. I will keep you updated.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update

2 Likes

Update failed camera went offline.
Half hour or so unplugged it, waited a min.
Plugged it back in only the front red led.
Speaker makes a little click, thats it
It no longer connects to wifi period.
Setup button does nothing.
Holding for 10s+ for Reset does not work.
Appears to be bricked

Attempt reflash from sd. Only red led it’s still a brick

As it wasn’t working i moved the 128gb sd card to a dash cam, it prompted to format. So i gave it one last try. This time the update worked. And then the beta installed without issue.

The V3 did not like the 2gb or the 128gb even though the V3 had formatted it. Even after Windows reformatted as efat. But the old dash cam did the trick back to fat32. No settings were lost

The cam pan V3 waypoints don’t work reliably. I have to keep clearing them and resetting them in order for them to work. Not sure what’s causing this but it won’t cycle through them after a certain amount of time or something. I can see the waypoints but when I tap on them the camera doesn’t move and remains and it’s original position even though motion tracking and Pan are turned on.

As for the others, unfortunately I’m still getting a video not available message through the Google home app on my phone when it tries to display the video. Was this firmware supposed to address that or just on a Google home display device? I know in previous versions you couldn’t watch the video through the Google home app. In order to do that you had to cast it to a Chromecast for Google home device directly so maybe the functionality still isn’t available through the Google home app directly??

However, all cameras did update successfully.

EDIT: THE CAM PAN V3 running firmware 4.50.3.4240 did display the camera feed in the Google home app on my Android device without an error…